• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-LostCity-Final

Krull0r

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 28, 2010
Kiel, Germany
*UPDATE*​

Map Name: KF-LostCity

Playable: Yes

Pictures:
Pic01.jpg

Pic02.jpg

Pic03.jpg

Pic04.jpg

Description of map:
It is a city based map where you are able to walk along the streets and enter some buildings for some indoor fights.
There is also a spooky industrial part under the streets I hope you like it
smile.gif

Map Download/Download Size: 33 MB

Last edited:
Congrats on the "final" release of your map KF-LostCity, Krull0r!

Such an excellent detailed map, I know this will be a contender on the new community maps added to retail by TWI!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we found one or 2 more spots last night I'm on through my phone but once I get to a computer I'll post the screen shots for you.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the double post, but here are the screen shots of the latest things we found last night. Also, we didn't seem to get any spawns off the roof, did you not add the roof spawn point? Good job widening the stairs on that building, it seemed to make them come up easier, and good job on moving the car from the fence at spawn point, stuff doesn't get stuck there anymore. I did find that if Patriarch spawns behind the wall behind the train tracks, that he gets stuck back in that area and won't come out unless someone goes and baits him out.

2011-05-01_00011.jpg
This one if you sit in this spot they can't reach you much, I had one gorefast hit me in like 5 minutes of sitting there.
This spot was in the buildings under the train tracks, the one that has a front and back door. For this spot, you may want to consider adding a crawler or stalker spawn in that room because it was fairly easy to camp.

2011-05-01_00013.jpg
This one Lammah could sit there and nothing other than sirens or husks would be able to reach him.
This was near that same building in the underground areas. Also, if you get on the desk next to that shelving unit, they can still attack you.

2011-05-01_00015.jpg
This one, if you jump over the car nothing can reach you much, AND players get stuck and have to suicide to be able to get out.
This is near the back of that first building I mentioned, if you go out the back door, around the corner to the left and then right you'll see it.

2011-05-01_00014.jpg
This one the door needs to be wider so stuff doesn't get stuck outside of it.
This one is right near the trader by the train tracks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I played this map last night with a full group and its was honestly the most fun I've had on a map in a long time. The many areas to cram your team into and defend from are challenging (making this map good!) because of the close quarters and required teamwork.

Communication was important in this map, having someone to watch your back down the hall, or down the stairs really gave the feeling of teamwork. I was the guy guarding the flank of the main group and I had a great time with it!

I hope this map gets recognized for how excellent it is!!! :IS2:

Upvote 0
Updates for the whitelist are generally being made on Wednesday. That's why I have to play the maps during the weekend and on monday to make sure that the map reviews are ready for TWI by tuesday. After the next update, TWI wil either have to test the maps themselves or find new folks to do it. And since they are busy with other games right now, the next whitelist update might be in a few months.

Krullor, check your inbox in about an hour. You will receive a pm with the exploits. This is the last map that I have to test and I don't mind testing one more version of it before writing my final review.

Upvote 0
Updates for the whitelist are generally being made on Wednesday. That's why I have to play the maps during the weekend and on monday to make sure that the map reviews are ready for TWI by tuesday. After the next update, TWI wil either have to test the maps themselves or find new folks to do it. And since they are busy with other games right now, the next whitelist update might be in a few months.

Krullor, check your inbox in about an hour. You will receive a pm with the exploits. This is the last map that I have to test and I don't mind testing one more version of it before writing my final review.

KEPT won't be doing any more testing after this update?

Upvote 0
I was pretty much the only one left, so yeah.

By the way, the screenshots are uploading atm. There's not a lot of exploits to fix. But i noticed that some building are disappearing sometimes (field of view/optimisation) and that the underground part was a bit laggy.

Yeah I drop to like 5 frames per second and under even on lowest settings in the underground but me and some friends that really like the map have been helping him test for exploits and bugs. Sad that you were the only one left must get kind of annoying for you to test everything. Had I known that I would have tried volunteering to help out

Upvote 0
Check your inbox Krullor :)

Yeah I drop to like 5 frames per second and under even on lowest settings in the underground but me and some friends that really like the map have been helping him test for exploits and bugs. Sad that you were the only one left must get kind of annoying for you to test everything. Had I known that I would have tried volunteering to help out

Well it was not necessarily annoying, but recent changes in my life are forcing me to quit this "job". It is a bit more long to test maps when you are alone, but that's not a big deal honestly. Anyway, all I can say is that the whitelist is "whiter" than than two years ago and I'm glad about it :eek:

Upvote 0
Sry but I don't have a message in my inbox :(

WOw..... I sent it to the wrong person :eek:

Anyway, guess i can post this here.
Try to put something between the wall and the door:
shot00412j.png

shot00414.png

By jumping/sliding on the structure, you can get on top of the ACs:
shot00413.png

You can jump on the railing and then get on top fo the container:
shot00415b.png

This one should be obvious:
shot00416.png

shot00417.png

Under the stairs:
shot00421.png

shot00422.png

Upvote 0
You can hide behind this box:
shot00426b.png

You can jump from the stairs onto this static mesh:
shot00427.png

By jumping on the car, you can then jump onto this ledge:
shot00428.png

Turn the collision off or put a blocking volume. Otherwise, you can jump on the light:
shot00429.png

Once again, by jumping on the railing, you can then hide behiond the door and eventually exploit more spots:
shot00432.png

shot00433.png

Nice job with the elevator btw, at first I was like ''Oh this should be easy to exploit this." In the end, I was not able to exploit it at all. Great map!

Upvote 0
I was pretty much the only one left, so yeah.

By the way, the screenshots are uploading atm. There's not a lot of exploits to fix. But i noticed that some building are disappearing sometimes (field of view/optimisation) and that the underground part was a bit laggy.

Who's going to test the maps for whitelisting now? :( Word of mouth is that you're one of the best, if not the best in finding what needs to be fixed. I just want to thank you for all the hours you've spent improving the whitelist. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Who's going to test the maps for whitelisting now? :( Word of mouth is that you're one of the best, if not the best in finding what needs to be fixed. I just want to thank you for all the hours you've spent improving the whitelist. Good luck.

aye, he was not only THE BEST, but he was the leader of KEPT and basically managed to set up the system thats been getting maps checked and whitelisted.

Its a shame to see him go, and it brings up what we must do now in order to continue testing new content.

Upvote 0