• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1016: Hotfix available

The game doesn't even launch for me, always crashing at launch or after credits.

I'm getting Steam refund and advising all my friends to do the same (mostly because of the crates, keys and bull****).

Loved the original Killing Floor but Tripwire lost it's way. Sorry.
this is a EA, the game will have crashes and bugs. try to verify the integrity of the cache.

Upvote 0
So... why are you posting this here?

I am posting here because I paid for the Deluxe version of the game and I have a right to state my opinion.

I posted this because I was concerned and wanted other, older players to know what's happening at this point. Crashing can be fixed, today hotfix made it even worse for me but that's not the point.

The point is that they've focused on the drops instead of the game. The Farmhouse map looks like it was made by some random guy in Unreal editor, it's so bad it's not even funny anymore. Have you seen the cornfield around the map? ****ty clipping etc?

It's really sad that it has come to this, I hope that Steam is going to grant me my refund request.

Adding DLCs to an Early Access game, putting it up on sales during Steam sales is a disgrace.

Upvote 0
The point is that they've focused on the drops instead of the game. The Farmhouse map looks like it was made by some random guy in Unreal editor, it's so bad it's not even funny anymore. Have you seen the cornfield around the map? ****ty clipping etc?

It was stated by the devs when they introduced the map that it was not originally intended to be released, it started out as an internal testing map for the devs. They polished it up a bit and included it in this update to give us a little extra. I respect criticism, but at least do a little research around the forums first.

Upvote 0
It was stated by the devs when they introduced the map that it was not originally intended to be released, it started out as an internal testing map for the devs. They polished it up a bit and included it in this update to give us a little extra. I respect criticism, but at least do a little research around the forums first.
I check the forums a decent amount and I didn't know that either. At any rate, it probably shouldn't have been added if it wasn't ready or worth adding. I like the map, I just think it could be improved upon. You wouldn't want them adding in a test boss that just moves around in a t-pose would you?

Upvote 0
are item drops not working for anyone else? i've been awarded an item at the end of a match, yet it hasn't been added to my inventory in kf2 or on steam. this has happened twice today :confused:

It keeps happening to me over and over with the white flat cap, nothing else will drop and every time it drops, it doesn't show up, this should be considered a serious bug in my opinions since you are allowing people to buy and sell these things and if you get this bug you are SOL

Upvote 0
I check the forums a decent amount and I didn't know that either. At any rate, it probably shouldn't have been added if it wasn't ready or worth adding. I like the map, I just think it could be improved upon. You wouldn't want them adding in a test boss that just moves around in a t-pose would you?

someone needs to bring to your attention that you sound ridiculous right now.

youre welcome.

Upvote 0
someone needs to bring to your attention that you sound ridiculous right now.

youre welcome.

No, he is not...

Who cares about the "origin" of the map ? It's nice to know, for sure, but if it get released as an official map, it means it should be about the same quality as the other one. Moreover, even if it has been talked on a forum (who knows where), it still has been presented as "Two new maps", not "One new map and one map for the fun".

Otherwise, it's too easy... You can start justifying everything :

"Hey, this weapon is kinda bad, you know ?"
"Oh, yeah, but you know they said it was just something they added as a bonus ?"
"Oh My God, a bonus ? Oh thank you [insert any company name here], I love you guys so much !"

If he wants to critize a map, he can... And the fact that (JoelFig) you're saying it's just a "bonus map" and not defending the "map" itself, it probably means you know there is not a lot of good thing to say about it.

And if this map was good, there is no way that a few hours after the update, there would have a thread call : " Farmhouse is the worst official map in Killing Floor history?"

Oh wait.
Found one.

(PS : I don't really dislike farmhouse, it's just a little small... very small and not a lot of thing you can do in a square map of 1 000m

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like Farmhouse. It has a bunch of unique decorative items and the radio / clock sound effects give it a surprisingly gloomy touch. It's not just dark but actually scary to an extent unlike Catacombs. Also, unlike Catacombs it doesn't scream "I am a showplace for KF2 players". Idk to me it feels like a way more realistic and natural place to be.

More importantly though it offer some promising defense positions and while it's probably smaller than biolab it still feels less confining and I prefer the overall setting a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let's see here.
People complain about constant crashes. One map is unplayable because of this.
People don't even always get their items from the crappy zedeconomy.
Rack em up resets randomly on zed time
ZEDs lose track of you too often when you are within 5 meter radius of them, even when there is nothing between you and the ZED. You broke the pathfinding or something?

Especially headshots seem to have trouble actually registering.

But I guess gunslinger is ok..

Upvote 0