• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grabbed_by_the_Spetsnaz

Grizzled Veteran
May 29, 2011
New Zealand
Recently, a campaign has been kick started against a person called Jospeh Kony.

From what I have read about him, he is a Ugandan guerrilla who has just sprung into imfamy for being one of the most brutal people in Africa, founding his movement the United Holy Salvation Army (UHSA) or the Lords resistance army, by kidnapping children from their villages and forcing them to fight in this war.

There has just recently been a MASSIVE Facebook movement promoting the awareness of Joseph, and a charity group called "Invisible childerns INC" has released a 30 minute video about the endevors he has participated.

So what do you think about this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kony

Ya I don't buy that the US (or any other government---before someone starts calling me some "America hater" ;)) has any altruistic reasons to get rid of that dude. And Invisible Children supports direct military intervention correct?

Maybe if TPTB that Invisible Children wants to influence didn't have a history of propping up dictators and supporting terrorist groups when it suits them I might feel differently. I wish we lived in a "Star Trek" world where there was some Utopian "Federation" that sought the good of all but we don't.

This guy is obviously evil but I'm pretty sure pouring money into the Ugandan regime to fight him would only cause more problems. What's the solution? Beats me. Not sure there is one.

Upvote 0
Ostman you dont even need a 30 minute video to become a social activist, you just need a cause and the will to do anything that works to achieve your goals.

Regarding the whole Kony 2012 thing I have some speculations. As this movement grows in popularity my speculations will either be proved wrong or be inflated and the only truth will be hidden under a cloud of hysteria.

For the first and probably the last time I think I may agree on what you're saying Ostman, not necessarily how you're saying it but what you're saying none the less. If these invisible children guys are going to go around trying to make some quick (billion)bucks falsely showing violence against civilians they should be on the World Court's most wanted list. I don't know whose crazy *** story to believe, Invisible Children's(corporations are bad enough when they don't make it look like children are dying and killing their families), or their opposition. I'll have to wait until a more reliable source releases some information.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To be fair to the film makers the problems in Uganda and the rest of Africa are so complex and muddled by different interest groups that it's not exactly misleading to try and simplify a problem that has no real solution.

It's kind of messed up that they are trying to cash in on it. For the most part though I doubt they expected the film to blow up like it did.

Upvote 0
why is this being brought up now? He's been doing this for many years now, and has been one of the world's most infamous criminals for years as well...but why now? I mean, the awareness is nice, but I have to wonder what this shady organization is doing with this- it doesn't even have access to the DCR, where the majority of the LRA operates. Well, at least it is finally being brought up, even if in this fashion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.