• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

It's a great game getting better

ibleedv20

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
Flamebaiters, Trolls, Sockpuppets and Quitters sharpen your pencils.

RO2 has never fit me well as a primary game and Ill say that up front.
I have never claimed that it would.
I play too many and I don't have a high intensity competitive nature.
Yet when I go back to play it after playing all the other games in my libraries I am astonished at how solid it feels as compared to what we gamers are getting today. And it has most all the hardcore features descriminating gamers want.Deis,openserver files,moddable,spectate and more albeit they are still not finished.

Of course it has issues like ALL other games out there.
The BF3 community is waiting still for a giant patch that is yet to be realized.The game is not unplayable though.

Mass Effect 3 is disappointing a lot of it's followers with it's ending yet the community is playing it and giving input. LOL those people will pay for an alternate ending. Pay money for what they feel is a mistake from the beginning.

Most games have no real support after 6 to 8 mos or after all the paid DLC has been sold to the gamer.

RO2 has features , problems and bugs that seem to have rocked this community. But from a distance it appears that TWI is making steady progress and working hard taking input to resolve a great number of those.But the game is not unplayable.

This community of game consumers was small from the beginning and had such enthusiasm for the release of the game. Yet from the outside in it appears that rather than stay the course and be part of the solution many have chosen to either proclaim the game dead or quit.

That is not what a core community is meant for.You have a special seat in the house but chopping the legs off the chair you sit on by quitting or unreasonably bashing the game while it is in a state of TWEAK is counterproductive.

The game is far more than playable but the color of the forums often sounds grave and nihilistic.

Following the Valve model of running betas after release is a clear indicator of commitment and longevity of support for the game. It is rather astonishing in the modern gaming climate really.

Now many here practice a kind of doublespeak. You continue to post about the game yet help to destroy the fanbase at the same time.
And we all know that there are those that , for whatever reason, would get a special pleasure in seeing it utterly fail. When you are part of the solution and not part of the problem those destructive voices get drowned out and the real work is augmented and moves forward even faster.
Imagine a business meeting where the haters were given equal time to squelch the productive contributors. From the outside it would be pure chaos.

So what have I heard about this community?
What is the talk in the background?

RO2 Ladder betrayed / Yet they are still stickied. Sounds like an olive branch to me. To keep that stickied is amazing in todays dev forums.

Game is unplayable/Yet I fire it up and it runs well and some people are enjoying it.

Hit registration is awful/ Player base doesn't fill local servers for low ping and what PC game hasn't had this.Lag compensation has been a ***** topic forever in every game

I wouldn't post in those forums/ Let's see how you respond.

The game is not accessible enough for me./ Guess what it never got overun by those pesky ex COD players.

TWI lied about the game./ The lead up to this game left almost nothing to the imagination. I thought it was a mistake personally and would hurt initial sales. It is no accident that AAA game devs hold their cards close to the vest. It is modern business to allow people to buy/play/throwaway.

From the beginning it was clear to me that RO2 would appeal to the serious gamer who is highly competitive and serious.

Why not hang in and support and play the game everyone waited so anxiously for.I think there is more to gain from playing it and tryng to share it with a greater number of players than standing back on the sidelines waiting for it to be the perfect game. The perfect game does not exist.

Last edited:
Funny that as i know quite a few good COD players and they play many other games and they have very good reflexes,battlefield knowledge, predicting enemy routes and know about team work (over-watch,section attack,PTFO).

Cod is THEE most competitive game on the internet next to counter strike...Problem?

..it's a fact!

Most true gamers have the intelligence to try other games to find the "holy grail" of games, COD is a tournament game plain and simple...Problem?
BF series are Capture the flag and RO/tripwire games are teamwork/simulation, ARMA series ARE true simulation without getting geeky about it, they are a bit buggy on the LOD/texture fill rate and net code...;).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Problem? Its that why would someone keep shelling out $60 for the same old tired game? I dont get it...are people just getting dumber these days? I knew I was done with COD when there were blatant hacks in virtually everygame in MW2. The community is also pretty scary...half them lil uns probably think that they are real special forces experts because they are good at a video game...sad and scary. I'll take the slow and deliberate pace of RO2 anyday...had some games on the grain elevator yesterday that were epic.

Upvote 0
------ snip -----

Why not hang in and support and play the game everyone waited so anxiously for.I think there is more to gain from playing it and tryng to share it with a greater number of players than standing back on the sidelines waiting for it to be the perfect game. The perfect game does not exist.

Thanx Ibleed..... Your observations and input are spot on!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont get it...are people just getting dumber these days?

Looking at my colleagues to my right and my left, I would say that your question needs to be answered with a YES!

To the OP:

I agree with most of your points but would like to clarify that most of the RO vets were giving well structured, constructive, honest and respectful feedback. As a thanks from many of the (Forum-) community, they were flamed and statements were twisted.
That's why many of us are not posting regularly anymore, which is a shame too. I know that many are still around but keep silent for good reasons.

Upvote 0
I agree with most of your points but would like to clarify that most of the RO vets were giving well structured, constructive, honest and respectful feedback. As a thanks from many of the (Forum-) community, they were flamed and statements were twisted.
That's why many of us are not posting regularly anymore, which is a shame too. I know that many are still around but keep silent for good reasons.

Pretty much. Then you have those veterans who can't post even if they wanted to.

Upvote 0
I will be the first to admit, I am the cause of some of this woe. I am one of the proponents of the antilag thing, and I do it because I am a long term RO2 player whose main frustration is ping.

Over the years I have gotten very skilled at leading for my ping, due to persevering with the game. And I kept playing, where other games would've become dull and boring due to my lack of kills, because it was FUN, not just as a competitive thing (like BF3) but because I enjoyed watching the battle, being a part of it.

Antilag is my icing on the cake, helping the players connect and stopping them from having to actually LOVE the game just to stick with it would dramatically increase the playerbase, as well as allowing better international play. The game is great, as you said, it just needs those finishing touches.

Upvote 0
These speeches,

First off, there isn't much flamebaithers or trolls that are active on this board. Unless a troll for you is someone who complain and/or and give suggestions. I reckon that you're probably (as many have done before) trying to give the image of the people who complain as flamebait/trolls in order to justify your own argument. False, rhetorical confirmation bias crap that most people will notice.

People have been complaining and no matter how much you dislike that its not going to change just because you want that, and just because you dislike it, doesn't make it wrong. There is nothing wrong with majority of complaints that have been seen on this board. Its been something seriously wrong with the game otherwise a) less people would complain, b) more people would have played the game. No matter how stubborn you are, people will actually play what they like to play. You can't force people to like something by saying that they're destructive because they don't. Your post will most likely not change anything. The reality is still there.

I'm a quitter. Because I don't waste my time playing a game that I don't enjoy just because some random person on the internet tells me to do so. But I don't go around and try to force people to dislike the game either like you're doing, but in the opposite way. I'm waiting for RO CLASSIC. I bought the game. I have no responsibility at all regarding this game, its just that I love RO & and the community and that's what keeps me here.

If you want a reply from me you could read my 500 + posts on this board.I have already replied to speeches like these and many others.

Great that you bring this up though but maybe a little bit to late.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These speeches,

First off, there isn't much flamebaithers or trolls that are active on this board. Unless a troll for you is someone who complain and/or and give suggestions. I reckon that you're probably (as many have done before) trying to give the image of the people who complain as flamebait/trolls in order to justify your own argument. False, rhetorical confirmation bias crap that most people will notice.

People have been complaining and no matter how much you dislike that its not going to change just because you want that, and just because you dislike it, doesn't make it wrong. There is nothing wrong with majority of complaints that have been seen on this board. Its been something seriously wrong with the game otherwise a) less people would complain, b) more people would have played the game. No matter how stubborn you are, people will actually play what they like to play. You can't force people to like something by saying that they're destructive because they don't. Your post will most likely not change anything. The reality is still there.

I'm a quitter. Because I don't waste my time playing a game that I don't enjoy just because some random person on the internet tells me to do so. But I don't go around and try to force people to dislike the game either like you're doing, but in the opposite way. I'm waiting for RO CLASSIC. I bought the game. I have no responsibility at all regarding this game, its just that I love RO & and the community and that's what keeps me here.

If you want a reply from me you could read my 500 + posts on this board.I have already replied to speeches like these and many others.

Great that you bring this up though but maybe a little bit to late.

This is what I mean
You are a self proclaimed quitter yet you take this post personally as if I was talking to you directly.
You purchase,refuse to play and then hold out as if the CLassic mode will hold no resemblance to the existing game.
Essentially boycotting the game.
Then you proclaim a love for the community while treating my rhetoric with disdain.
Of course you are probably a most constructive member with valuable input . I dont doubt that for a moment.
Those 3 words at the top were for the people that I personally know who come here to hate on the game. Purposefully.
There are many who read responses like yours and wouldn't dare post here for any reason.
But you must respond because of your great sense of ownership here.
Yet you won't play the game.
Must have hit a nerve.

Upvote 0
clapping.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Absolutely spot on ,Ibleedv20 .

One of the finest posts I've read on the boards.

How many " this game is dead and for some strange reason that makes me happy-I'm just dropping in to say I DON'T play RO2 ,but might when I get what I want " threads can we endure ?

I actually read " the compass in classic is a little too red. "
yup , there's a valid gripe for you .

I've played RO since day one , Is RO2 perfect ?? no way ,, no game is . Let's not forget RO1 was a long WiP .

As you mentioned ,they are working on the game .Sitting out doesn't help.
"well I don't have time to play a game I don't enjoy "
Fair enough, but you have time to register , read ,post tell us it's "dead" ... ???

I don't know , when I don't like a game I just unistall and forget it ....

See you in-game , handle's the same .

_

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0