• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Issues when joining certain servers

AwT Goliath

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2015
I can load into the game with no issues when I choose a server but sometimes there are servers that I have issues with. This being that I can join into that game, but it won't give me the team selection or show anyone on the map even if the game has 60/64 players on it only thing you can hear is the ambient noise. Even if a friend in in that that game. The only thing that I can do is sit there staring at the spectator view showing the map and the only buttons that work are the ones that allow me to go into the steam overlay and the command console.( Also when I am in steam overlay and look at recent players it shows all the players in the match that I have played but no one is even in the server) The only way I can leave that game server afterwards is to Control+Alt+Delete and end the game that way. I'm looking for a fix if possible and I feel like I'm part of the 1% that has this issue and I have tried so many things so like I said if you have something that might help please help.

Yes I have looked through that none of them actually work to fix my problem at all, it's sadly quite frustrating I'll admit. I still get the same problem when joining into that server no players only ambient noise and stuck in spectator view of only one spot and doesn't give me the chance to choose a team.
( http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...903/026418C7703E363C171FD81CC39F32E44B73619C/ ) screen shot of what it will be stuck on when joining into the match and no matter what you can't change the view or do anything once you join, only way to quit the match is to ctrl+alt+delete :(

Upvote 0
I can load into the game with no issues when I choose a server but sometimes there are servers that I have issues with. This being that I can join into that game, but it won't give me the team selection or show anyone on the map even if the game has 60/64 players on it only thing you can hear is the ambient noise. Even if a friend in in that that game. The only thing that I can do is sit there staring at the spectator view showing the map and the only buttons that work are the ones that allow me to go into the steam overlay and the command console.( Also when I am in steam overlay and look at recent players it shows all the players in the match that I have played but no one is even in the server) The only way I can leave that game server afterwards is to Control+Alt+Delete and end the game that way. I'm looking for a fix if possible and I feel like I'm part of the 1% that has this issue and I have tried so many things so like I said if you have something that might help please help.
What servers is this occurring on? If you are joining a server that runs a mod such as HOTW, this will occur if you do not have the mod isntalled. I would suggest deleting your RO2 Folder from MyDocuments/MyGames and relaunching.

Upvote 0
What servers is this occurring on? If you are joining a server that runs a mod such as HOTW, this will occur if you do not have the mod isntalled. I would suggest deleting your RO2 Folder from MyDocuments/MyGames and relaunching.
These servers are the ones it is happening on the: "Weekend Warriors" and the "Merrills Marauders Realism Stalingrad campaign" Though it is a ranked server that doesn't have a mutator or mod when I looked at it. Thank you for the input about that it's just I tried that option also but it didn't seem to work at all.

I just started joining random servers and I can't join any of them now. Even the ones I could join before now no longer work and keep doing what I described above. Also found out after waiting 5-20 minutes in the game before it kicked me out saying connection to host timed out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So assuming you can run the game (runs OK in off-line training mode), I would suspect an internet connection problem. You might ask your ISP to check your connection (after all, you do pay for the service), you might try turning off your firewall, you might try renting (from your ISP for instance) a newer router if yours is an older one, you might try turning off your antivirus (probably not the problem), BTW are you "hardwired" to the router or wireless? Just some thoughts, hope you find a solution.

Upvote 0
Are you familiar with Wireshark Network Analyzer?

You might be able to determine what if anything is being blocked or allowed through on your network. I used this when I was having issues with horrible lag on War Thunder, which turned out to be my wireless router.

I know it is an inconvenience, but I would also suggest you try to play the game on another network to determine where the problem lies. I have played the game on a mobile network while at work before and it still connected me to all the servers, although my ping was higher than normal.

Upvote 0
MOBO : Motherboard

Traffic shaping : probably a software which prioritize the traffic internet between applications.

Thank you. I'm not much of a tech person so I'm not sure how to use that information to solve my problem.

What's strange to me is that there is one server I can join with no problem, but almost every other one just hangs up after the map loading screen, the one with the game images and "Tips", then the static spectator image comes up. Sometimes it just stays on that screen until I Alt-Tab out and close the game, sometimes I'll get kicked back to the server browser with the message that the connection was lost.

The server that works is called "Team Work and Tactics UK", IP address 78.129.232.62:7777. Don't know if there's anything significant about that information.

I have tried two suggestions - clearing the ROGame cache and deleting the ClientRegistry.blob file but that didn'tmake any difference.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Upvote 0