• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is there a way to turn off auto reload?

Did a search in the forum and nothing comes out ...

So is there a way to stop the auto reload? Like some console command or some tweak in some *.ini file or IDK ...

What happens to me all the time: playing zerker, shooting a huge pile of scrollers with my handcannon some gorefasts behind them suddenly start running to get me and istead of pulling out my katana I start reloading with the speed of a pregnant turtle ... then I die ...

It would be great to turn off that auto reload function ...

I've downloaded the mutator and use it, but I've never found a way to stop auto-reloading completely.

Because yea, I agree. My worst one was emptying an AA12 on full-auto, then it stops, and you automatically click and go into a 3 second reload animation.

It sounds so sad, but I've got into the habit of counting my bullets with standard guns now.

Upvote 0
To be fair, it's not exactly auto reload. If your guns automatically started to reload after running out of ammo it would be awful.

Automatic weapons are easy not to reload unintentionally (can't really blame the reload system if an experienced player reloads those accidentally), but with semi-auto guns you really just have to know how much ammo you have left.

Upvote 0
Mutator? I want auto reload to be off all the time not only when I play solo ... I have never seen any server with this mutator ...

I been to a server that had it, and servers probably dont want it because they are scared of it. This is the only option you have, unless you find a coding and keybind it to your trigger button.
It sounds so sad, but I've got into the habit of counting my bullets with standard guns now.
So you never did this before?

Also, Manual Reload is whitelisted, but that's not mentioned anywhere at all. Weird.
We know its whitelisted, its listed everywhere with whitelist in its name (hinthint the url in my signature).

Upvote 0
To be fair, it's not exactly auto reload. If your guns automatically started to reload after running out of ammo it would be awful.

Automatic weapons are easy not to reload unintentionally (can't really blame the reload system if an experienced player reloads those accidentally), but with semi-auto guns you really just have to know how much ammo you have left.

It's actually harder with Full-Auto guns, especially with the MP7M. It's not "If you click while empty, you reload", but rather "If a bullet would come out of the barrel, but your mag is empty, you reload".

Upvote 0
It's actually harder with Full-Auto guns, especially with the MP7M. It's not "If you click while empty, you reload", but rather "If a bullet would come out of the barrel, but your mag is empty, you reload".
Huh? It doesn't do that with stuff like ARs or AA12 for sure. Is it different with medi-guns? I reload them almost always before they get empty anyway.

Auto-reload isn't any rare feature in games, I think every COD game has it, probably BF3 too (can't say for sure, haven't played it much at all), though you can still switch weapons. While an option to disable it would be nice in KF, I don't usually have much problems with it enabled either.

Also consider this: When you are using a weapon with low reload time (like one of dem sharp guns), it's basically always faster to instantly reload when empty. It takes almost as long for your brain to realize "Oh, ma gun is empty, I need to do something" and to switch to a different weapon, and then the gun won't even be reloaded.

Upvote 0

That's not sad...that's what you should be doing lol

For the record, I've sort of had this complaint (I say sort of, cause I generally do not react with "change the game" when I encounter problems or difficulties).

My problem with reloading is when I am intentionally going full auto, like finishing off a FP with a scar as commando, but misjudging the damage and finding that I need to switch to my bullpup, but then I can't because I'm already reloading.

Now, I'm just learning to also watch the ammo and quickly switch it before it hits 0. Still not sure if I think it'd be better to turn off auto reload, or rather just consider it as part of the challenge.

Upvote 0
Just don't fire with an empty clip. If you watch your ammo, you can reach an empty and just swap to a different gun avoiding the pesky auto-reload.

"Clip"? :p

On a serious note, weapons like the MP7M still auto-reload. Basically, when a bullet is supposed to come out of the gun, but the mag is empty, you'll automatically reload. Not just when you click again with an empty mag.

Upvote 0
There are plenty of games with auto-reload, but they usually allow reload-canceling so you can switch to a different weapon if you unintentionally start the reload process at a time it would get you killed. The way I see it, most games have a gameplay decision to make:

- hardcore realism: no auto-reloading, no reload-canceling, "count your bullets scrub"
- arcade-shooter-fun: auto-reloading, reload canceling, "whee, zombies go boom"

Killing Floor is in an interesting position between the two. Maybe there are other games out there like it, but I think this "middle of the road" design is what makes the reloading system awkward at times. Personally, I'd rather they just go all the way to one side or the other.

Upvote 0