• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

I am thinking about creating site about IOM on free hosting with its own forum, news etc. This is not just a regular mutator for ro2, it changes gameplay very much. What do you think?

Probably not needed yet.

I might suggest a new stickied thread when the next big update comes out and closing this one at that time...

Upvote 0
I'm simply hoping it'll get released while there's still players around who might be interested. :eek:

I sort of agree LugNut in terms of time to release but I think this mutator or mod or whatever it will be called will give RO2 a good shot in the arm whenever it is released.

Will probably bring players back to the game, however it has got to be finished and released.

Maybe they should draw a line in the sand with new features and aim for some type of release.

I used to pop it on the main Aussie / NZ server when peeps were able to easily download and play - got great feedback. Cant do that now because only the enthusiasts will change their ini files. Shame that.

Upvote 0
I used to pop it on the main Aussie / NZ server when peeps were able to easily download and play - got great feedback. Cant do that now because only the enthusiasts will change their ini files. Shame that.

I agree, many people do not play the IOM because it is difficult to install.
so if ti be easier to download and install the IOM mod would be more people interested in the mod. from my own experienc, I have saw many people who have given up with the mod because it is difficult to install.

Upvote 0
Problem is that all people joining without the mod, download files from redirect but when they are on server, they complain it is not working, that texture is missing they have blue/white texture everywhere.... so you have to explain that they need to close the game, go to www.iom-mod.tk download the installer and follow the instructions... they finally join a ranked server because they don't want to take more time to download again and install (it is rare that people download stuff in games now... like custom maps for example, so it is obviously more rare if they join again after downloading for nothing, having problems, having to close game and install something else to join with the mod working)

I hope next version will work straight from redirect files as it is the best way to make people join...

Upvote 0
I hope next version will work straight from redirect files as it is the best way to make people join...

Agreed, it seems like and is a minor problem, but it is one that could seriously hamper acceptance. Most players aren't even willing to DL custom maps after all, the mod needs to make it easy for the lazy. Otherwise, it'll stay a rare and not often played mod.

Upvote 0
Agreed, it seems like and is a minor problem, but it is one that could seriously hamper acceptance. Most players aren't even willing to DL custom maps after all, the mod needs to make it easy for the lazy. Otherwise, it'll stay a rare and not often played mod.

Agreed.

Now I don't mind going thru the extra effort myself, but I also recognize that the more you make the end user have to do, then less and less of them will be willing to make the effort to play it and those players will just stick to the vanilla game modes run on the server.

Upvote 0
I just tried out the mutator today and I must say I was genuinely scared when the artillery started dropping :eek:

However, I was browsing through the servers and I couldn't find the ones that were on the IOM servers list. Or at least, they weren't populated.
Does someone maybe know other servers that might be active because I would LOVE to play (also I promised my friends I would show them the mod :))

P.S.
There is a weird Panzer IV bug I noticed while playing against bots. When I aim the main gun it completely misses and shoots the ground on my left. What's up with that???

Upvote 0

On the other hand, people seem to make more of an effort to download a full mod (separate exe): see Darkest Hour. Maybe making it a separate exe gives it a higher profile and exposure? I don't know how much effort/feasible this is though?

Upvote 0
bY5kxuOE5oY.jpg

Upvote 0