• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

also this... i am just so angry when i cant take weapon in this case
It's RO bug. True weapon position where it can be picked up from is not affected by physics, however model does. I've reported this dreaded bug loooooooong time ago but no answer fallowed.
You can play IOM 24/7 with us right now, just join a IOM server. And tell your friends that the best server could be found in the unranked section.
Nope, won't happen until IOM will be able to be properly downloaded form server without using and installer with adding more lines in config file.

Upvote 0
It's RO bug. True weapon position where it can be picked up from is not affected by physics, however model does. I've reported this dreaded bug loooooooong time ago but no answer fallowed.

Nope, won't happen until IOM will be able to be properly downloaded form server without using and installer with adding more lines in config file.

Adding one line to a config file is too much work for you?
Pfft, what a lazy ****.

Upvote 0
So after a quite some time playing, and to repeat much that others have already said...

• Even more sure the mgs are too easy to rambo upclose. Any hipped accuracy hit the mgs have taken with the mod doesn't do anything to stop them being powerhouses at extremely close ranges. Just the kind of fight an MG user would be best to use a pistol at irl.
  • Entirely convinced the suppression is too much. Your effectiveness should be reduced when fired at, you shouldn't be made utterly useless. Just needs toning down a notch.
  • Sniper rifle scope effect is over the top, to the point it makes them useless most of the time. I'm all for penalising scopes a bit to stop them being the godlike beings they were in RO1, but the current effect is entirely too much. You should be able to track while focused at a fairly high speed, yet now the slightest movement shrouds your view in darkness.
  • The no zoom in iron sights is great, but I'm still thinking it's not a good idea for focused aim to be devoid of zoom. It reduces all the engagement ranges to insanely myopic ranges. People have jumped to extremes wanting either no zoom or the crazy over the top vanilla zoom level. Why not make focus zoom in slightly?
  • The mg recoil seems too low, I found it laughably easy to mow down enemy even at long range with the MG34. I'm all for powering MGs over vanilla, but it seems a bit much.
  • Semi-auto rate of fire limit I've mentioned before, but it really, really, really gets frustrating when you're in a point blank range situation and can't respond.
  • Map balance is totally skewed. This was to a degree the case with classic, but it seems especially bad with the mod. Presumably related to the slower rate of movement. But I played for a few hours today without ever seeing the attacking team even get close to winning. And my previous experiences have rather been similar. In that sense it feels a bit like classic before the speed boost.

Upvote 0
  • The mg recoil seems too low, I found it laughably easy to mow down enemy even at long range with the MG34. I'm all for powering MGs over vanilla, but it seems a bit much.

MGs are just disbalanced ufnairly. MG34 is easy to control even with its hi fire speed while DT is very hard to control with 2x less fire speed.

Upvote 0
I have retextured the molotov to no longer be ugly as hell!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
  • Map balance is totally skewed. This was to a degree the case with classic, but it seems especially bad with the mod. Presumably related to the slower rate of movement. But I played for a few hours today without ever seeing the attacking team even get close to winning. And my previous experiences have rather been similar. In that sense it feels a bit like classic before the speed boost.

Regarding map balance: I argue that what is really the the core of the matter is round time. As far as I can tell round times are calibrated toward "standard" settings which is Realism. We of course are running out of time with almost every IOM round because the time we're allotted is the same given to players in another mode who can move much faster over greater distances. I would recommend that round time (and possibly reinforcement numbers) be adjusted and tested on a map-by-map basis before we start ratcheting up player movement.

!EDIT! Nice work on the bottle, Moskeeto!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tried the mod yesterday, really good job! I agree with LordKhaine on most of his points though.

As this mod is called "Immersion Mod" I have a suggestion. Since the release of Rising Storm I've been playing the game with no HUD at all.
It's a different experience that I suggest people here should try.
No clutter on the screen at all lets you immerse yourself far more than you otherwise could.

I have a script though that shows the HUD when in tactical view or scoreboards etc. so I can access any information when I want it. Only problem with this script is that it gets a bit wonky when server changes maps (if there was a "setHud = true/false" command and not just a toggleHud command it would work perfectly). If anyone wants to try it I can give instructions how to edit RoInput.ini.

Anyway, my suggestion is to add this as a supported feature. I suggest that it should be up to the player if he/she wants to use it, as it makes the game a bit harder (especially if you are new to the game).

What could be done to improve it to work better than my simple script is to add some minimal hud elements for the most important events, and chat etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[...]

Yep, whole-heartedly agreed. Frankly, this is actually one of reasons why I'd like to see the movement speed increased, specifically on winter maps.
Not only would it benefit the overall gameplay, but also help balancing the current maps. Not sure if this'll solve every problem related to map balance, but it'd be certainly a step in the right direction.

Upvote 0
Regarding map balance: I argue that what is really the the core of the matter is round time.

While I agree that the base speed could use a slight nudge upward, especially on snow, I think this is the main issue. Even with the speed boost, Classic often played out far differently than Realism due to the longer travel times from spawn and the lack of Spawn on SL. The last cap on larger maps was often a ***** to get to in time. I'd like to see a combination of a very small increase in speed and a moderate increase in map times. Who wouldn't want longer battles anyway?

Having some experience with scopes IRL, I'll agree that while the new scope mechanics are more realistic, they are a bit over the top. I think the time to get the scope initially aligned is OK, IRL, once you have the weapon shouldered securely and traverse with it, it's not difficult to keep essentially the same eye relief. There isn't that much misalignment when you move the weapon. There is when you shoot it though.....

Upvote 0
Tried the mod yesterday, really good job! I agree with LordKhaine on most of his points though.

As this mod is called "Immersion Mod" I have a suggestion. Since the release of Rising Storm I've been playing the game with no HUD at all.
It's a different experience that I suggest people here should try.
No clutter on the screen at all lets you immerse yourself far more than you otherwise could.

I have a script though that shows the HUD when in tactical view or scoreboards etc. so I can access any information when I want it. Only problem with this script is that it gets a bit wonky when server changes maps (if there was a "setHud = true/false" command and not just a toggleHud command it would work perfectly). If anyone wants to try it I can give instructions how to edit RoInput.ini.

Anyway, my suggestion is to add this as a supported feature. I suggest that it should be up to the player if he/she wants to use it, as it makes the game a bit harder (especially if you are new to the game).

What could be done to improve it to work better than my simple script is to add some minimal hud elements for the most important events, and chat etc.
The problem with the no hud command is that you no longer see text = bad for team work. If IOM can get around that, that'd be great.

Upvote 0