• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

IOM v1.1 is being uploaded!

There are a couple of important things that need to be noted about this release that make me want to call it a 'beta':

It will not completely work over redirect. This is because the engine will not send .ini or .int files over the redirect, and certain changes in files of that type are necessary in this update.

It will not be on the workshop yet, because forcing changes to everyone's ROEngine.ini would be bad idea. As a result you must unsubscribe otherwise the workshop will overwrite your new files.

I have included a Readme file that I'll reproduce here:

Code:
This mod includes an edited ROEngine.ini file. Installing it will revert your video settings and any changes you have made to that file to the defaults.

If you would prefer to keep your current settings, delete the ROEngine.ini file from this package, install normally, then do the following:

1. Open ROEngine.ini found in: C:\Users\<YourName>\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config

2. Go to the section [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]

3. At the bottom, add ForceLoadMods=SoundMutator

EditPackages=ROGame
EditPackages=ROGameContent
EditPackages=RSGame
EditPackages=RSGameContent
EditPackages=WebAdmin
InEditorGameURLOptions=
ForceLoadMods=SoundMutator

4. Enjoy

So stand by for a link, install instructions, servers, and after a very long nap for me, the changelog ;)

Upvote 0

There are a couple of important things that need to be noted about this release that make me want to call it a 'beta':

It will not completely work over redirect. This is because the engine will not send .ini or .int files over the redirect, and certain changes in files of that type are necessary in this update.

It will not be on the workshop yet, because forcing changes to everyone's ROEngine.ini would be bad idea. As a result you must unsubscribe otherwise the workshop will overwrite your new files.

I have included a Readme file that I'll reproduce here:

Code:
This mod includes an edited ROEngine.ini file. Installing it will revert your video settings and any changes you have made to that file to the defaults.

If you would prefer to keep your current settings, delete the ROEngine.ini file from this package, install normally, then do the following:

1. Open ROEngine.ini found in: C:\Users\<YourName>\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config

2. Go to the section [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]

3. At the bottom, add ForceLoadMods=SoundMutator

EditPackages=ROGame
EditPackages=ROGameContent
EditPackages=RSGame
EditPackages=RSGameContent
EditPackages=WebAdmin
InEditorGameURLOptions=
ForceLoadMods=SoundMutator

4. Enjoy

So stand by for a link, install instructions, servers, and after a very long nap for me, the changelog ;)

Thanks!

Workshop or separate download?

Upvote 0

I feel the statement: "It will not be on the workshop yet, because forcing changes to everyone's ROEngine.ini would be bad idea" should be made very important to everyone downloading this :) They need to know what's happening with the ROEngine.ini, and this should be reinforced. They might glance over that line if their attention span doesn't get them that far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel the statement: "It will not be on the workshop yet, because forcing changes to everyone's ROEngine.ini would be bad idea" should be made very important to everyone downloading this :) They need to know what's happening with the ROEngine.ini, and this should be reinforced. They might glance over that line if their attention span doesn't get them that far.

They will, provided they read the readme or the main thread as I update it. It's just taking time to get it translated :D

Upvote 0
Ok I tested the manual download and here are some bugs to report:

1) The PPD-40 first person animations are bugged. The hands do not show and the gun sometimes refuses to fire (but trying to melee someone fixes this).

2) The new custom loadout is bugged when a Hero class available. If I am a german commander hero commander, I have access to both the PPSH-41 w/drum and the PPSH-41. The PPSH-41 makes the exact same sounds as vanilla RO2 and the drum variant has the new sounds. The same applies for all hero classes. If I am Russian rifleman, I have access to the MN 1930 without bayonet with mutator sounds and the K98 with bayonet and vanilla sounds.

3). Final bug I've noticed is that you attempted to add new winter uniforms for the Soviets. I like the new look, but there appears to be one variant without proper textures.

See the following image:
Spoiler!

The specific model is not limited to any particular class but this uniform model does not have a greatcoat and its not the hero skin. I'm not sure what to call it but its a tunic--missing its texture--instead of a winter greatcoat. That's all I can say.

-----

Loving the mod. New weapons, effects and all.:D Keep up the good work!

But I have to ask, why re there so few bayonets available? The one or two elite riflemen on each map only have access to them.

Another thing that might need looking at is the bullet impact sounds for hitting another person close to you. It sounds a bit off, but I'm sure the whole thing is still a WIP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok I tested the manual download and here are some bugs to report:

1) The PPD-40 first person animations are bugged. The hands do not show and the gun sometimes refuses to fire (but trying to melee someone fixes this).

2) The new custom loadout is bugged when a Hero class available. If I am a german commander hero commander, I have access to both the PPSH-41 w/drum and the PPSH-41. The PPSH-41 makes the exact same sounds as vanilla RO2 and the drum variant has the new sounds. The same applies for all hero classes. If I am Russian rifleman, I have access to the MN 1930 without bayonet with mutator sounds and the K98 with bayonet and vanilla sounds.

3). Final bug I've noticed is that you attempted to add new winter uniforms for the Soviets. I like the new look, but there appears to be one variant without proper textures.

See the following image:
Spoiler!

The specific model is not limited to any particular class but this uniform model does not have a greatcoat and its not the hero skin. I'm not sure what to call it but its a tunic--missing its texture--instead of a winter greatcoat. That's all I can say.

-----

Loving the mod. New weapons, effects and all.:D Keep up the good work!

But I have to ask, why re there so few bayonets available? The one or two elite riflemen on each map only have access to them.

Another thing that might need looking at is the bullet impact sounds for hitting another person close to you. It sounds a bit off, but I'm sure the whole thing is still a WIP.

Ah yep, the PPD is a dunce move on my part. Same with the Telegreika or whatever that is... I'll get them fixed ASAP. Glad you like it and thanks for the inpu :)

Upvote 0
And the weapon role bug is because of Realism mode... the Roles were designed for Classic, there will be bugs if you run IOM in Realism mode.

Is there a planned set of classes for Realism?

I do know that many would want to play with the mutator on Realism mode as it was possible before. I also think this may be a necessary thing if we want this mod to get whitelisted.

Upvote 0
Is there a planned set of classes for Realism?

I do know that many would want to play with the mutator on Realism mode as it was possible before. I also think this may be a necessary thing if we want this mod to get whitelisted.

I agree, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that there should be a way to configure the gameplay section of the mutator in order to use it as we like. When briefly running a previous version on my server, the response among the regulars and clan members was very positive to the sounds and new content, but not so much to the changes to base gameplay. I know of many others who are really interested with the new content, but are deterred by the tailoring around classic mode.

Upvote 0
I have some crash/hang issues with the weapon selection menu, espically if I move the curser over the "Engineer" role. I was playing russian side, pavlov's house, in steam workshop.

I was playing realism, but I will try classic tomorrow and report back.

On a side note, I love the molotov cocktails, thank you for the mod.

Are you using non-native voices by chance?

Upvote 0
If there is a realism loadout, it needs to be fairly similar to realism, not remove the AVT-40 and MKB (which are deluxe edition early unlock perks), and support the unlock system if you want the best chance of Whitelisting. Of course there is still some room to change things around as you see fit.

I would recommend the following:

Soviet Union:

Rifleman
Recruit:
-MN 1930 Rifle
Hero:
-Molotov Cocktail

Elite Rifleman
Recruit:
-SVT-40
-M38 Carbine
Battle Hardened:
-Molotov Cocktail
Highly Decorated:
-AVT-40

Machine Gunner
Recruit:
-DP 28
Veteran:
-DT 29

Elite Assault
Recruit:
-PPSH 41
-RGD 33 Frag Grenade
-(no F1 available as an option)
Frontline Soldier:
-RG 42 Blast Grenade
Battle Hardened:
-Molotov Cocktail
Veteran:
-PPS 42
Highly Decorated:
-M1A1 Thompson

Engineer
Recruit:
-M38 Carbine
-3KG Satchel
-RPG 40
Battle Hardened:
-PPS 42
Veteran:
-PPSH 41
Highly Decorated:
-RG 42 Blast Grenade (choice instead of AT nades)

Squad Leader
Recruit:
-PPD 40
-M38 Carbine
Battle Hardened:
-SVT 40

I've always felt like the AVT-40 belonged to the elite rifleman and in its place for assault should belong the M1A1 thompson which was indeed used at Stalingrad (a fitting "rare" weapon). Squad leaders should get the svt-40 at some point because the SVT-38 and SVT-40 were very commonly carried among NCOs during WW2. The German squad leader should not have access to the G-41. The relative historical abundance of semi-automatic rifles should be apparent amongst the Soviet Union and the lack of semi-autos should be present among the Germans (only available to elite rifleman and commander).

Last edited:
Upvote 0