• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

And I really would like to hear the RO:Ostfront realoading sounds in IOM, too :D. I like to hear how I push out my magazine and clips out off my ammo pouches, and more metallic "click click". This sounds are so great and it seems they are much more detailled than the current RO2 sounds.
Awww yeah
I love those crunchy reloady sounds.
I suppose it could be argued that you wouldn't hear the crunchy crunchy so much in battle, but I just love that crunchy clicky clinky reload. I love how in RO1 the guy almost seems like he's having a hard time with the bolt rifles.

Alas, my gaming PC stopped working altogethor so it'll be awhile before I even touch IOM.

Upvote 0
From the M38 thread:

Here we are with Moskeeto's finished texture :)

I'm also trying to make the muzzle flash a bit larger and brighter for this weapon.

087E8A407D76D5A6B87DE4C5D9DA0B87B9E5924C

CB520111CC45FB7B4C3B8B2630282BE8D7432D1B

D61BF448F15439B7E3DE0DFFFC981C544DF0B72C

Upvote 0
I have a brief question about the death sounds. Are they all vanilla sounds or have you added some new ones? As rare as they are I still hear the gurgles and cries for mama (they're just less common and usually covered up by the gunfire) but in your mod I've heard some outright shrieking which I've never heard before. Was that in the original game or did you add that one? On the whole I love it though, mainly the fact the suppression works again. You don't really realize how much being a higher level reduces it.

Upvote 0
I have a brief question about the death sounds. Are they all vanilla sounds or have you added some new ones? As rare as they are I still hear the gurgles and cries for mama (they're just less common and usually covered up by the gunfire) but in your mod I've heard some outright shrieking which I've never heard before. Was that in the original game or did you add that one? On the whole I love it though, mainly the fact the suppression works again. You don't really realize how much being a higher level reduces it.

Thanks for the input; those sounds you hear are in the game's files but they aren't used.

Upvote 0
The other day I actually listened to all the death sounds for Germans and Russians. It was downright depressing, even a little sickening at times. I just wish I knew why Tripwire removed so many of them.

You perhaps answered your own question. Some of them are a bit harrowing, and it's easy to see that some people might not want to hear such things in a game.

Upvote 0
The performance reason is the biggest bull**** ever. Why the people build a monster rigs if the devs limit their games? This ain't console crap, there's no limit on how powerful your hardware can be - give us the full experience when we set the options to Ultra. Thats why there is low normal high ultra, you know... The guys with less powerful PCs can play on normal or low.

Upvote 0
The performance reason is the biggest bull**** ever. Why the people build a monster rigs if the devs limit their games? This ain't console crap, there's no limit on how powerful your hardware can be - give us the full experience when we set the options to Ultra. Thats why there is low normal high ultra, you know... The guys with less powerful PCs can play on normal or low.

Agree 100%! Maybe in 2011 performance might have been an issue but it's 2014. Time to re-add lip sync and remove the option to completely disable foliage. Now we can have an even playing field and a more immersive experience.

Upvote 0

I think it has more to do with how ****ty unreal engine is Im guessing if they didnt cut it no one would be able to run it. However, I agree it sucks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These sounds were in the Beta of the game.

The Beta ran pretty good for most people (including me - it ran amazing!)

Then Release came around and ran like absolute garbage for many people who had no problems in the Beta (also including me!)

Then they got rid of a lot of things and made many performance changes. After a couple months the game ran like it had before, but we never saw the old death animations and sounds again, until this mod returned them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it has more to do with how ****ty unreal engine is Im guessing if they didnt cut it no one would be able to run it. However, I agree it sucks.

The UE3 is in my view the worst engine the game industry has had it in years, Anti Aliasing is not even officially supported! if a developer doesnt know how it works, you will get a mess like RO2 was at release seeing they had no real experience with the engine, and it's still not fully optimized as it should be, got a pc that can play the latest Crysis on everything, but 60 people in RO2/RS, can't even get near 60 fps. Next Ro2 should be on the Cryengine, it's allot more mod friendly as well, the Festung Europa game from the Darkest Hour mod is using it, if that even smaller studio can use it, so can TW.

And it's really nice seeing the Mosion M38! Always wondered why we didn't get that rifle seeing it was also in RO1, but i do think it needs a bit more of a orange tint as in this picture:

M38-02.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yesterday it was a great game on the OdW-IOM server! Thank you Tea and Crumpets for organising that one! :)
Btw, I had yesterday the occurence, that I was supressed to the point of having a black screen, which did not clear. When pressing m I got the map and it looked normal (i.e. I saw behind the map the actual gameplay). This was solved by dieing. I dont know, if this was yet reported before.

Upvote 0