• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Though I quoted your post and though I replied with "unranked" I had in my head you said 'ban the IP'. :eek: So dis-regard my post as it has absolutely no validity. I was referring to GSP's getting their IPs banned. A totally different thing from having an IP simply unranked.

I had a brain fart and a complete disconnect from what I actually read and what I comprehended......

Old age is getting to be a *****.....:cool:

EDIT***

Actually, unranking a particular server based upon configurable server settings is one thing. Unranking an IP is a totally different animal. It would require (at the minimum) resubmitting a request for ranking from the GSP. Too much trouble all the way around (from TWI to GSP to renter). I'm afraid the result would be the same. No mutators allowed. You can already see this in some games and from some other GSP's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I played this a while ago and found the sounds too tinny, speciifically the arty, mortars etc.. this was a while ago though.

I played last night on the Cat in the Hat server, and the sounds seem to be better than they were... the explosions didnt sound as tinny and trebly. (i dont know if you guys had adjusted it? )

The grenades are nice, the guns sound generally better, and bullet cracks etc...soud good, deaths are nice too.

For the bad.
Uniforms in some cases look like russians, well helmets seem borrowed etc..
No music on capping points. (it may not be intended, but it does tell you that an objective is meet)
Russian HMG is inaccurate...unusable. I could not hit a side of a barn with it.
Is the field of suppresion increased? ie: how far does a bullet have to be from you to cause a supression effect? I felt like i spent alot of time suppressed. (playing bridges)

Needs more work, but seems better than when i played it last with more additions...but also more problems with those additions. hopefully get them ironed out.

Upvote 0
^ you mean the DP-28 right?

Anyway, I also played that match. Really fun. Only thing I could really fault was some of the explosions began to sound repetitive. Minor variations would be nice, as well as different sounds altogether. Also, tank shell explosions seemed to fade out too quickly.

I think that is it, the DP28.

Look it could be my dodgy skills...im also only Lvl 14 on that weapon, but i played a fair while and shot at quite a few enemy, i even shot at a nzi standing in the open standing still...did not hit him. I think i had 1 kill by the time i decdied to leave.. (we had just taken F and G..or on the verge of it..)

I would be interested to know how much suppression a heavy MG puts out with that Mod blindly firing into enemy positions.. maybe that is the way it is intended to be used?

I think i heard someone complain about the PPS being a bit uncontrollable too.. i didnt use that though..

Upvote 0
dibsm.png

A superb Mutator for everyone to enjoy

Upvote 0
Hehe that would be a kind of solution, too^^

If every server is unranked (because all use IOM) we have only one serverlist :D
Never happen. 99% of the cookie cutter servers don't have the skills it takes to run a quality custom mapped and modded server. Otherwise we wouldn't be having all the discussions about why players don't play custom anything and everyone would be enjoying some of the absolutely breathtaking maps and mods that are out there now.

Upvote 0
Just tried out the mutator on the RGN server. The mutator is great, it's perfect, that's all I can say.

This makes me think, this mutator needs to be whitelisted asap, otherwise there aren't any ways to play it. At least for North Americans. Unfortunatly, Cat's server is always empty when I play, and the ping is way too high.

Sadly, there is no way for me to play with this mutator online for now. :(

Still, for the few bits I saw and my experience in offline mode, it's awesome. Keep up the good work, all of you working on this amazing mutator. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just tried out the mutator on the RGN server. The mutator is great, it's perfect, that's all I can say.

Too bad I got permanently banned from the server exactly 10 minutes later when Mike decided to go mad on me for no reasons...

I was there and there were reasons, but he invited you back in the forums and onto the server anyways :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0