• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

We are planning to change the grenade blur effect in beta 1.3, so its radius will only be about 10 meters, OR temporarily remove it untill we will be able to fix it.

Really great news :)

I was so drunken yesterday :D

I really think the suppression system is broken. Sometimes I was suppressed without any reason, and a friend was suppressed at the same time also without no reason on another end of the map. Very strange.

Can

Upvote 0
The suppression really made it difficult to play, it's too much, too often and too random and unexplained. I'd much rather have it removed and just have the vanilla system.

I think that before release some consideration should be given to either modifying maps by adjusting tickets, and spawn timers or creating different game modes. I know maps aren't usually full, so it's hard to truly tell, but how often do you see the attackers make it close to the last few caps, let alone win? The slower movement speed, which I really like, screws with the timing.

Upvote 0
You have been permanently banned from all Immersion Overhaul Mutator IOM Players discussions.
You have been banned by a forum moderator.
Reason: "Insulting mod developers and their work." - NKVD commissar Combat Garlic (AAZ)

It is good to see that dibbler left the mod in the hands of a soviet revisionistic, juvenile.
History rewritten, history according to AAZ.
For the people who don't know. AAZ buffed up the PPSH to oblivion. He fixed the recoil which is now fine and correct, the sounds are also better, however you can 1 shot enemies with precision over 100m without any effort. One of the most inaccurate (soviet combat reports), trench clearing weapons (and Suomi Kp31 copy) of WW2.

RIP IOM.

AAZ and his so called "historical advisors" don't know what the Journal of Slavic military studies, TOE or the Dupuy Institute are (they probably don't even know what TSAMO is). Neither has AAZ any form of military training/qualification nor any degree in history.
Next thing we are going to have is Soviet tanks with superior optics.

Welcome to the new world of WW2 gaming: War Thunder, Blitzkrieg (in which all axis soldiers get 15-19 HP and all soviets 21HP), BoS now IOM. Ironically, the PGG clan is hosting IOM events too, but here these people are called "Neonazis", they are a right wing clan.
I am going to write dibbler, i think AAZ should take his "russia stronk" inferiority complexes elsewhere.

Cheers

PS

AAZ, this part is specifically dedicated to you, so please pay attention (from someone who studied history, had insight into russian and german documents and the work of military analysts, historians and engineers): TSAMO and Soviet Casualties and Combat Losses in the Twentieth Century, Col.. Gen. Krivosheev for Soviet
Stabsarztberichte, M

Upvote 0
While I agree that the PPSh is somewhat overpowered currently, for various gameplay-related reasons (mostly the suppression mechanics in my opinion, since it's nearly impossible to return fire when your gun is unpredictably jerking across the screen), the fact remains that it was historically a very good submachine gun, and there's a reason that the Germans would pick it up whenever they had an opportunity. However overall, IOM still seems to be fairly balanced, although that's from my own personal experience, which is a rather small sample size.

Regardless, we all know that if the gameplay reflected real life in terms of casualties, it would not be a very fun game, so frankly the Russians need some advantages of their own, as the Germans already have the better grenades (highly underrated), and of course far better LMGs.

Finally, there is absolutely no reason to be declaring "RIP IOM" since we have a dedicated, albeit small, player base that reliably shows up to events (unfortunately school gets in the way more often than not for me), and I think I speak for most of us when I say that IOM gameplay is far superior to vanilla gameplay, and thus I will support this mod as long as RO2 stays alive.

Upvote 0
So, are you really about to ban people for their opinion?

I think what he means, and this is what I mean too, is that we do not need disruptive people on our servers, we do not need people having 'bad chat' all the time on the servers for the sake of it, there is PM here on TWI forums for that. Some of them, especially one has been warned. Our servers are not a sandbox for kids, you come there to play, and we'll not tolerate disruptive people.

End of story.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was not my intention to start a forum war, merely to make this "public", because i actually enjoyed the IOM, until it turned into a pure "revisionistic project".
None of your comments adressed the original dilemma i presented here. Additionally Cwalk, your comments pretty much sum up the problem with this forum, people basing their knowledge off myths and mindfarts. Speaking of myths, a good example which is probably stuck in the head of 90% of people would be the perpetuation of stories like cavalry charging tanks, unarmed charging soviets, effectivness of TacAir raids in Normandy 44 or the unstoppable T34 door knocker myth in 41. In 41, 55% of all T34s were destroyed by so called "obsolete" Panzer IIIs, only 3,4% by 88s and around 7-11% by the Luftwaffe (which was described as "omnipresent"). Ingame you cant even put a dent into it (the deflection algorithm is all wrong).
Accessebility and availability of equipment is one thing, quality another. I would suggest that you should look up combat reports, procurement lists and looted weapons of WW2 (and if possible, go to the range :)). Take a good look on the development of SMGs (especially the Schmeisser, Bergmann MP18 and the Italian M1918 into the KP31, maybe also about the Ger

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Khm-Khm.
OGPU officer Avtomat is reactivating himself to serve the Soviet Motherland against counter-revolutionary actions!

I see Stiltzkin, you claim to "despise all Nazi apologists and Soviet fanboys who have a childs understanding of historical/technical/scientific/political complexity." yet you come up with statements like the PPSh is in fact just a copy of the KP31 (the only thing that could be considered a copy on the PPSh is the 71 round drum, which was carried over from the PPD)

You also claim the weapon is inaccurate, which pretty much goes against the laws of physics, and what is written about it in it's actual operator's manual.
(oh, I bet you totally have a copy of said manual and didn't base your claims on the stereotypical view painted of the Soviets as an asiaistic horde of men with guns by every German memoir ever, which TOTALLY did not serve the purpose of downplaying their skill in military affairs in the West during the cold war to ridicule them)

A person of such caliber as yourself who knows about such amazing things as the central military archives (lol) or Journal of Slavic military studies (~maybe you should read/listen to a bit more of stuff from D. M. Glanzt?~) and is CLEARLY :eek: in posession of a history degree, should know the basics of logical argumentation, which you threw out the window in your very first lines. (ad hominem)

Now I have to agree with you on the state of modern WWII war gaming, especially on WT, but saying that everything is overpowered on the russian side of IOM, because the soviets can win battles in a game is, well, let's say idiotic.
Just because something doesn't exactly fit your preception of Ostfront combat, it isn't necessarily inaccurate.

The numbers game is my favorite thing to bodyslam in arguments like these.

Now pay very careful attention:
The Germans achieved those results because of superior small unit tactics and Operational level exploits at the right places at the right time. (and the oh ever so present false reporting of casualties, which was obviously happening on every side of the war, but the germans took it to a higher level -I'm looking at you, Hartmann-) Not because they were so incredibly technologically superior to the Soviets. (And no, I'm not saying the casualties of operations like Barbarossa, Mars or Uranus are completely fasle.)

Look at the weapons composition of a standard squad of the Heer and the RKKA and you shall see the difference in automatic weapons capacity.
If you want to win in a WW2 game like the germans won small engagements, well you should act the part. Yes, this is difficult to do in games. Tough luck. Training wins battles- not equipment.

Back to RL:
Just look at the changes post Kursk when the Soviets got their Operational game going fine. Bagration and the defensive operation/counterattack against german armored forces around Lake Balaton in early '45 is especially worthy of a check. And before you mention, yes I'm aware of Operation Konrad I-III.

But hell, you should know this already.:rolleyes:

So to sum up; Don't try to insult others for "political/ military bias", when you posess the very same qualities except in the other way around. Hypocrisy is not cool.

(Inb4 based on my sig and avatar I'm actually Stalin/R

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Additionally Cwalk, your comments pretty much sum up the problem with this forum, people basing their knowledge off myths and mindfarts. Speaking of myths...
I honestly don't want to argue with you, I'm just a little confused about what myths you are talking about, because almost none of the facts or statistics you just cited have anything to do with what I said. The only claim I made was that Germans often picked up the PPSh-41, which I base off of a litany of pictures and various first hand accounts that are easily googled. So why exactly were you talking about cavalry charging tanks, T-34 effectiveness, etc? Regardless, I was actually agreeing with you, since I think the PPSh needs a small nerf for balance reasons, due to my opinion that gameplay>historical accuracy. And yes, AAZ is biased to the Russians, for obvious reasons, but I still think that IOM is incredibly fun and relatively balanced, and we don't need people driving away potential players by spreading doom and gloom about the mod.

Upvote 0
I honestly don't want to argue with you, I'm just a little confused about what myths you are talking about, because almost none of the facts or statistics you just cited have anything to do with what I said. The only claim I made was that Germans often picked up the PPSh-41, which I base off of a litany of pictures and various first hand accounts that are easily googled. So why exactly were you talking about cavalry charging tanks, T-34 effectiveness, etc? Regardless, I was actually agreeing with you, since I think the PPSh needs a small nerf for balance reasons, due to my opinion that gameplay>historical accuracy. And yes, AAZ is biased to the Russians, for obvious reasons, but I still think that IOM is incredibly fun and relatively balanced, and we don't need people driving away potential players by spreading doom and gloom about the mod.

Because people usually perpetuate the myth of the PPSH being highly superior to german small arms. Every faction of WW2 looted weapons, the PPSH was available in high numbers so they used it and converted it to their calibre, just like they copied the Sten at the end of the war.
If you agree that he is biased than RIP IOM (it advertises with realism and historical accuracy).
It is simple: Everytime the Soviets have an advantage it is buffed into oblivion (example T34 deflection algorithm). Everytime the Axis excelled at something, their performance is limited due to "balance". Im starting to get bored by this WW2 game phenomenon.

This represents the current spirit of the time : [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq-G9Em8Cds[/URL]

Upvote 0
Because people usually perpetuate the myth of the PPSH being highly superior to german small arms. Every faction of WW2 looted weapons, the PPSH was available in high numbers so they used it and converted it to their calibre, just like they copied the Sten at the end of the war.
If you agree that he is biased than RIP IOM (it advertises with realism and historical accuracy).
It is simple: Everytime the Soviets have an advantage it is buffed into oblivion (example T34 deflection algorithm). Everytime the Axis excelled at something, their performance is limited due to "balance". Im starting to get bored by this WW2 game phenomenon.

This represents the current spirit of the time : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq-G9Em8Cds[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq-G9Em8Cds[/URL]
God damn...this clip is absolutely ridiculous.

Upvote 0