• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

I think it's just better propellant. That or just more efficient ballistics; lighter bullet higher velocity etc.

I believe it is mostly bullet weight reduction which yields the higher velocity. It is not outside of the pressure bounds of being able to be fired from the Pistol rounds - it has something to do with the coating on the rounds which could corrode the Pistol barrels quicker. Initially these 9mm high velocity rounds were painted Black (interestingly, TWI knew this as it is seen in the RO2 MP40 when you reload it, check ammo etc) but by 1944 this additional colouring was removed.

Upvote 0
I believe it is mostly bullet weight reduction which yields the higher velocity. It is not outside of the pressure bounds of being able to be fired from the Pistol rounds - it has something to do with the coating on the rounds which could corrode the Pistol barrels quicker. Initially these 9mm high velocity rounds were painted Black (interestingly, TWI knew this as it is seen in the RO2 MP40 when you reload it, check ammo etc) but by 1944 this additional colouring was removed.
Oh the black coating! So are these those weird iron core rounds?

Upvote 0
Yeeesh :0
How effective is that thing compared to the PTRS?

original vanila PTRS had 34mm penetration on soviet side and 55 mm on german side ( if i am not wrong ).
Tremozl told me that in 1,15 PTRS will get 38mm penetration ( of german 1942 armor ) and pzb39 will be 33mm if i am not wrong.

We are also going to include 2 types of ammo for soviet PTRD/PTRS AT rifles later ( same way as HE rounds for snipers ), that will be regular B-32 with 30-35mm penetration and BS-41 with tungsten core and 38mm penetration

Upvote 0