• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Modern
new004.jpg

WWII
69e002d9.jpg

1918A2tp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/sovietkgbagnt/bike001.jpg
bike001.jpg

Have a stock pile of ww2 militaria, uniforms, helmets, equptment ect also but am in the process of setting up the basement to be covered in the stuff. will post pics when done

Upvote 0
Alright, guess I can flaunt my stuff...

Though I doubt I can match the BAR... I want one...

Right, anyways, guns, in order of aquisition:

My Swedish Ljungmann AG-42B. A semi-automatic rifle, in 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser. Developed by Sweden in World War II, as a 'deterence' for the Germans. As a note to it's craftsmanship, it's considered to be the most accurate, and most reliable of all the WWII semi-auto rifles. It also went from development stage, to production stage in little over one year. As a comparison, the M1 Garand took eight.

17.jpg

Next, is the predecessor to the Ljungmann, the Swedish M96, also chambered in 6.5x55mm. One of the most accurate bolt actions of it's era. Mine in particular, is an Orbedorf made model, produced in 1899.

16.jpg

Next, a Lee Enfield Mk IV No 1/2. Calibre .303 British. This one a Longbranch model, made in Canada.

15.jpg

My Kar98k. Czech rebuild. No markings.

14.jpg

My Danish Navy issued M1 Garand. Picked this beauty up for the steal of a price of $400 in unissued condition. :D

13.jpg

My Lee Enfield Mk V No 1 'Jungle Carbine'. Produced in 1944.

jcarbine1.jpg

My M1 Carbine. Original GI issue, after the war, the US gave it to Germany for use by the Bavaria Border Police, hence the change in rear sight from the standard flip-style peep.

carbine1.jpg

Next, my 1943 Izzy Mosin Nagant 91/30 sniper rifle, with PU 3.5x scope.

nagant1.jpg

And lastly, my Colt 1902 Sporter pistol, chambered in the .38 Automatic Colt Pistol cartridge. One of only 6,900 every produced, this particular one being made in 1907.

1902-3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, a lot of you guys have some really great pieces in your collections. Glad to see a lot of fellow enthusiasts here!

Uber_Bob said:
nearly a DOZEN g43's (whats that one with the large mag, btw?)

Its an MG13 magazine modified to fit and feed in the G43. I believe they were 25 rounders. A few were converted during the war for testing, but it never got past the experimental phase, so the vast majority of modded MG13 mags you see on G43's today are post-war alterations.

If you couldn't tell by the handle, I'm a bit of a goon when it comes to G/K43's.

The first is a restoration project I just finished. It was a piece of junk when I got it, but its back to combat specs now. It is a super late-war Walther rifle. The next one is another project I just finished. When it came to me, it had no stock. Its currently residing in a reproduction until a good original stock comes along. It is a late 1944 production Walther. The third one is my shooter. It just rocks. Mid-'44 walther. The barreled action is what I cannibalized to finish the first two rifles. Its an early 1944 Walther.
1a.jpg

I will be receiving another G43 tomorrow (Early 1944 Gustloff Werke) and have a deal pending for another G43 (Mid 1944 Berlin Lubecker) in mid-march.

My homepage link is in my sig and there are plenty of pics of most of my collection there.

Upvote 0
Zoring said:
I had heard that the K43 may have had a shorter barrel by about an inch or two, which i thought mighty strange. Any truth to it G43?
No, none. Its a long-standing myth, but it bears no truth. I have several examples of G43's and several K43's. They are identical save for the letter stamped on the side. There are, of course, minute differences between each rifle due to tolerances in the manufacturing process, but other than that they are the same.

Thanks, tick. :) Check out the link in my sig. Everything you see there is mine. K98's, G43's, G41, SVT40, Mosins (mostly sold), Enfields, Garand, etc. My main interest is the G43, followed by other German semi-autos, then German bolt guns. Everything else is just fun stuff for the range. ;)

Edit: Thanks, Waxx
\/\/\/\/\/

Last edited:
Upvote 0