• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Idea] G18 machine pistol

Utopia-Phoenix

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Qingdao, Shandong, China
Topic^^

Considering that commando does not own a weapon at 4 weight, this is one.

G18 has a high rof and a small magazine size (20 rds) compared to typical assault rifles carried by the commando. It is built as a sidearm to spray as many bullets as possible before reloading.

G18 is NOT dualweldable because... it is a commando weapon instead of SS weapon.

Setting the bullpup weight to four blocks would be great. At most, it should be five.

If there were to be a Glock 18, I'd say it should be lighter. It's definitely unsuitable for it to weigh the same as a MAC10; those weight about 2.8 kilos, glocks weight about 0.6 kilos. MK23s weigh about 1.2.
A G18 could even weigh one block, if it didn't have a lot of ammo. 2 or 3 with a good ammo reserve may be better, though.

In function, this could wind up just being a MP7 with select fire instead of darts, though.

Upvote 0
I liked the idea of putting a Glock into KF as a 1-block pistol.

Same damage as 9mm, but fires fast as you can click, excellent handling, but lacks a flashlight and you have to pay for it and eat up a block. 20 round mags.

And then a Browning HP at the same weight, 13 round mag, slower than 9mm, meaty headshot multiplier for its tier, bit more recoil than 9mm, same weight as Glock with a possible laser sight.

And then if the Mk23 gets its penetration removed, it could go to a Colt .45 with a 10 round mag, but otherwise sameish stats as the Mk23 - it's just a slightly slower, smaller-cap penetration gun.

Those 3 pistols are amongst the most-asked-for if I remember. Colt because iconicness, Browning HP because of wide brit usage, and Glock because moderness (and more recently, brit usage).

Upvote 0
I hate to rain on your parade, but:

<a href="http://killingfloor.ru/forum/index.php?/topic/3039-%D0%B0%D0%B2%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9-%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%82-glock-18c/" target="_blank">http://killingfloor.ru/forum/index.php?/topic/3039-автоматический-пистолет-glock-18c/

It would be extra nice to understand what exactly it is saying, but everything is in cyrillic Russian, which may as well be a language from space. I can get is that the g18C is the main topic of the thread. And someone made a mod with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would be extra nice to understand what exactly it is saying, but everything is in cyrillic Russian, which may as well be a language from space. I can get is that the g18C is the main topic of the thread. And someone made a mod with it.

Yeah, what the hell is it with people and linking to the russian site and expecting people to know what the hell is said in it?

I fail to see where you need to know Russian to get and use the mod. Pretty basic internetting skills. As you search through the page, you'll find there is only one click-able link in ops post. It reads "Скачать тут" which links to
Code:
 http://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=u5a%2BUZuT8cXJ%2B3pRd9lRPCOCXfz59wiunM8eQ/PKmKI%3D
File structure once downloaded is still in English. Merge the Animation and system folder with your killing floor folder and you're done. Half an idea of how to manage a server would easily get you to what you have to add to your ini | .bat to get it to work.

Making things more difficult than they need to be here...

As for the glock itself in game, its pretty awesome. It has working 3 shot burst fire, which on perk as a sharp decaps a 6p HoE husk with all 3 shots connecting. Looks real sharp too.

Upvote 0
For an easier spray and pray jammie, why not simply add the MAC10 sans suppressor? (And, a block of weight.) Aside from "spread" and recoil, you could leave the stats the same as the existing MAC10, as used off-perk. This keeps the headache of balancing from being a messy issue. And, it would also simplify, somewhat, creating the required weapon model and animation(s) from scratch. A nice, deep throaty blast and a prominent muzzle flash would be wonderful. OK, maybe not...

Four blocks seems a bit too light for the L22 (Bullpup). Instead, how about re-skinning it as the L2A3 Sterling SMG? Leave all the stats as they are, (Ok, maybe drop the ROF a bit), and provide some appropriate audio. Done. As I've pointed out in the past, the Bullpup is already ejecting pistol-class, (SMG), cartridge cases.

Like the higher ROF and reflex sight? Take the Bullpup.

Fine with a slower rate, iron sights and/or want to save a block? Go with the Sterling. The zeds won't care much, either way.

I liked the idea of putting a Glock into KF as a 1-block pistol.

Same damage as 9mm, but fires fast as you can click, excellent handling, but lacks a flashlight and you have to pay for it and eat up a block. 20 round mags.

And then a Browning HP at the same weight, 13 round mag, slower than 9mm, meaty headshot multiplier for its tier, bit more recoil than 9mm, same weight as Glock with a possible laser sight.

And then if the Mk23 gets its penetration removed, it could go to a Colt .45 with a 10 round mag, but otherwise sameish stats as the Mk23 - it's just a slightly slower, smaller-cap penetration gun.

Those 3 pistols are amongst the most-asked-for if I remember. Colt because iconicness, Browning HP because of wide brit usage, and Glock because moderness (and more recently, brit usage).

No big deal, but why would quite similar, in terms of function, semiautomatic pistols fire successive rounds any faster or slower than one another? Just wonderin'...

Upvote 0