• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Icebreaker

Wait what? Is it now shaking on dedicated servers too? I pray I'm wrong.

EDIT: I'm not wrong. I would like to welcome Icebreaker on the list of official maps that I don't play anymore

Typical uninformed knee-jerk reaction.

The "sway" is not really a sway since the center of the screen does not move. So it has absolutely no effect your aiming/cutting/shooting.

Upvote 0
It always shaked like that on Solo and while hosting Listen Servers, so the map didn't really change for me.

The "sway" is not really a sway since the center of the screen does not move. So it has absolutely no effect your aiming/cutting/shooting.

Not that I care much, but it definitely does have an effect on your perception, and thus your aim.

Upvote 0
I played it a couple of weeks ago and it made me feel sick within five waves. I already get motion sickness after playing for too long without any unnecessary movements. I wish there was a setting to enable or disable it at will.

Also from what i have heard there is an option server-side to disable it but I don't know how and haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Upvote 0
Within the first wave I stop noticing the boat moving... I'm not sure how anyone is getting sea sick from a video game.

It may be something worth looking into real life medication for (in all seriousness).

It isn't sea sickness, it is motion sickness. Getting motion sickness from playing video games (especially first person) is relatively common. Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot of options for treating this kind of motion sickness other than taking breaks or not playing games that cause it at all. No medication is recommended. Motion sickness is the worst with KF because you can't really take a break during an hour long game ... Which has caused me to be physically ill at least once this past year.

Upvote 0
Not that Icebreaker is my favorite map or anything, but I really, really hate that view shaking. It's a pointless gimmick that completely distracts you from aiming properly and makes a LOT of people sick, so don't be surprised if it gets removed from many servers' map lists.

By checking the SDK, I've found that the culprit is KFViewShaker, and removing it from the map completely removes all of the shaking.

I've been asked to make a special version for KFG that removes the view shaking as well as the DEagle and Katana pickups from the map, which were used as trader exploits for dosh due to their spawning habits.

You won't be able to get any cheevos (not that I care about them anyways), but if you're interested in that version, you can get it here: [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/gciamiq1vccw0ji/KF-IcebreakerV2.rom?dl=0[/URL]

Upvote 0