• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I give up at this game

Krane65

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
I've had this game since this past summer and it became unplayable after a patch at some point in time. To this day it is still unplayable, and TWI has done nothing to fix it. I've seen youtube videos of people with identical systems as mine that have graphics hiked up to ultra and they get liquid smooth gameplay... Not mine though... It's a stuttering slideshow no matter how I change graphics or sound settings. How that happens is pretty much anyones guess, because apparently it's a common problem and not even the developers seem to understand why.

I gave it time, and it's evidently not going to be fixed.

Last edited:
if the problem effects you but doesnt "effect people with identical units" to you.. there obvisiously not a problem with the game, so im not sure what it is you want twi to fix?

i have your problem not. you quoted other people have your problem not. the problem lies with the game not..

i surgest you have a proper look though your rig, and the internet. i get your pissed off, but the problem lies with the game not.

an yea i bored waiting for my night shift yo finish so talking silly am i

Upvote 0
I've had this game since this past summer and it became unplayable after a patch at some point in time. To this day it is still unplayable, and TWI has done nothing to fix it. I've seen youtube videos of people with identical systems as mine that have graphics hiked up to ultra and they get liquid smooth gameplay... Not mine though... It's a stuttering slideshow no matter how I change graphics or sound settings. How that happens is pretty much anyones guess, because apparently it's a common problem and not even the developers seem to understand why.

I gave it time, and it's evidently not going to be fixed.

I have to agree with the others. There is an equal or greater chance that you may have something setup incorrectly or not quite right. That could be anything from old or improperly installed drivers**, antivirus, spyware, bad internet connections, you name it (one of the few drawbacks of PCs compared to consoles that I will admit to).

I'm not saying it isn't the game, but you'd be wrong to disregard other possible problems. Good luck.

** EX: I have Civ V. A few months back they came out with an update and the whole thing was a slow stuttering mess when it worked prior to that. What was wrong? Well it seemed that I needed to download the latest NVDIA display driver that fixed that and I did. Everything ran smooth after that. See how easy it would have been to blame the game?

Upvote 0
The first thing you should do is Post in Technical support :
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79[/URL]

It sounds like some issue other than the game.

We have 3 systems with no problems. The AMD 1100T runs FAST on ultra -
the i5-2500k FAST on ultra - An older core2duo runs medium / slower than the other 2.
First 2 on windows 7, last on on XP.

also : Verify the integrity of your Steam cache as a first step
as that fixes the most common irregularities almost instantly.

Upvote 0
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the game.

Please give more specific details about the issue, please post the specs of your hardware including OS, Router, Antivirus...

Anything that can help us troubleshoot where the issue is coming from.

Also, I have moved this thread to the support section with a 24 hour redirect.

I hope this experience can be turned around for the best.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0