• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to kill tanks with an AT rifle, a manual.

I couldn't even get the AT Role on Bridges yesterday, every death I tried to switch roles and the server wasn't even full!

There's your problem. Never pick AT on BRIDGES since there are PZBs placed all over that map. I mean, your avatar can't get anywhere quickly lugging around an MG, a PZB, a pistol, two grenades and two Hafthohlladungen but you have become death incarnate, so why bother traipsing about?

Upvote 0
LugNut, your guide is working:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/35450/discussions/0/611704730315413840/

Excerpt from the Steam Forums:

Were the AT rifles Buffed or something?

Too many people are getting too many lucky hits with a AT rifle at 120 meters. ...
As far as my knowledge goes, the round is a 20 mm, ... the fact that it can blow up a tank in one hit is disgustingly unrealistic and just plain stupid.

This makes me giggle :D:D:D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hahahaaaa!

I recognise that guy. I get accused of hacking almost every day I play AT. :p

Two or Three one shots kills from across the map will do that. :D

Note to tankers: Playing Axis on Pavlovs is hard on your ego. Most AT these days know what to aim for.

Well Luggers... it would have been hard on my ego when I played a few days ago, but I knew you were out there and had my crew keep a very close eye on you and your AT friends :D

...Although ultimately despite killing about 10 AT gunners and dominating C capzone for about 15 mins that round, with only 2 or 3 deaths, my team was apparently convinced we lost becoz of da rubbish tankerz

Sigh. GG though! I knew you'd be a tricky one!

Upvote 0
Some matches you're the windshield, some matches you're the bug.... :D

There are certainly a handful of tank commanders that give me and the other ATers who know the super secret secrets a run for our money. I mean, after all, you guys are TANKS and we are just riflemen with big rifles. I like the fact that there are some competent tankers and having a good crew or using ai to target us is wise. Just throwing HE into the likely spots is a good idea, which beginner tankers often fail to do.

I had a round on Pavlovs a while back with Temesin and another player and we were decimating this poor soul every time he stuck his nose out. Eventually it became dull, so we were coaching him so he would at least learn the places where he could go where he had a better chance of surviving and where he was weak.

That tankers and AT are now on a more even playing field will only produce better tank commanders and better crews which will only be more interesting.

I'm always finding new hiding spots, so beware..... :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0