• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How many teammates....

Nenjin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Sub-Level 12
Is the game balanced for?

Hear me out:

L4D is clearly balanced for 4 survivors, and everything gets harder to survive the second you lose someone. That's because of the ratio between SI and teammates, and the # of incaps you have to react to.

So how is KF balanced? It has a SP mode, so I assume the waves scale to the # of players so it's possible to win with just one.

So my questions are:

#1 Do waves scale down once you lose a team member, or do they stay at the same intensity as having the full 6?

#2 How many team members can you lose before a co-op game pretty much becomes unbeatable?

#3 Do teammates ever have a chance to come back?

#4 If someone dies and leaves the server, does a new player have to wait for the match to end before playing?

#5 On average, how long do some of the matches take to complete? I'm sort of wondering what it would be like to die early. How long do you have to wait to get back into the action?

Its kinda 40 or more zombies per player....
1-Nop
2-Depends on the wave...if you are on or more than number 6 and have lost more than 2 then you should declare yourself somewhat screwed
3-Nop
4-Yes
5-It depends on the wave and players.....you cant respawn until the wave ends so you MUST be carefull with ur life!
And you are welcome to KF!

Mod != Game. ;)

Upvote 0
Is the game balanced for?
So how is KF balanced? It has a SP mode, so I assume the waves scale to the # of players so it's possible to win with just one.
Ok, not such a stupid question :)

1. No, it works off how many players started...
2. As someone said - depends on the wave. Later waves get harder :)
3. So long as one person survives a wave, everyone else respawns. Just without the weapons they had bought and with less cash.
4. No.
5. A Long game can run for an hour, in 10 waves. So, at most you'll have to wait a few minutes to get back into the game. Spend the time yelling "Behind you. BEHIND YOU" over VOIP :)

Upvote 0
ok, not such a stupid question :)

1. No, it works off how many players started...
2. As someone said - depends on the wave. Later waves get harder :)
3. So long as one person survives a wave, everyone else respawns. Just without the weapons they had bought and with less cash.
4. No.
5. A long game can run for an hour, in 10 waves. So, at most you'll have to wait a few minutes to get back into the game. Spend the time yelling "behind you. Behind you" over voip :)
holy mc nuggets!voip?!?!did you put into the game voip?!

Upvote 0