• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do you feel about playing with tactical view ?

How do you feel about playing with tactical view ?

• It's bad, unnecessary clutter on screen. Hide it permanently under defined key.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • I like it. Even after playing same maps to death I'm getting lose oneself.

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Personally I generally don't need tactical view. Because I know how the maps are laid out. I do think tactical view is one of the best systems in RO2 in helping newer players learn the game.

Personally I would like tactical view to give players more basic information about the map, and less about the game going on. So personally I don't like seeing how many people are inside a cap zone, or that an enemy is taking something. But I absolutely love that it shows new players things such as where the objectives are and where ammo crates are. Personally I would even like it to show where enemy spawns, and heavy machine guns are.

Basically I personally would like the system to be useless to people that know the map already allowing them to play without and never need any of it (as it does take you out of the immersion). However allow it to be training wheels for newer players so they can learn the map more quickly. But similarly like training wheels be a system that once you've learned you won't need them any more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like it, and I like that it goes away without a toggle. Although I would probably also like a toggle, maybe Shift-T.

Mainly when I hold it for a long time its because I'm Team Leader babysitting a recon radio or bringing up the rear, watching my Squad Leader name list. If I see SL1 die, I use force respawn. I pretty much save all my forced respawns for this situation.

Upvote 0
The HuD if it's what you're talking about is realy useful but it definitly need an improvement ! First of all why is it not transparent ???

From the begin of the game it still hapen that you cannot shoot someone because an huge letters of a capzone appear between you and an enemis while if the transparency would it be correctly set i'm sure we could have a better visibility.

Upvote 0
What me flucks up is this:

Giant team player names in the front of your rifle sight. :mad:

If a friendly soldier is standing 10m in front of me, than mostly I can not aim to his right or left side, I can not aim over him, cause of the giant name letters.
If they are more far away its, naturally, not so bad.

Still, I wish to have a keyboard button to hide names permanently if pushed once.

Upvote 0