• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How do I .....? The Thread for all questions more than general.

I cannot remember how to do a few things here.
I cannot find a static mesh of just a plain undamaged tank do you have to use the collision model and skin it? Which package?
I have a chain link fence I want to be able to shoot thru but not walk through? Which collision items do I need to set which way?
On Basovka they have barbwire with a lava volume why?

Upvote 0
I cannot find a static mesh of just a plain undamaged tank do you have to use the collision model and skin it? Which package?
I have a chain link fence I want to be able to shoot thru but not walk through? Which collision items do I need to set which way?
For the chain link fence, I'm not sure how to set up the collision, but you could just put a blocking volume and it would do the same thing.:)

Upvote 0
For the chain link fence, I'm not sure how to set up the collision, but you could just put a blocking volume and it would do the same thing.:)

You mean place the static fence set it to allow all then build a block volume that only stops what? (is it actors or collision I am not for sure which settings of the blocking to set, I will have to look) Seems like those lava volumes work just not sure why they were used.

Upvote 0

How prevalent was chain link in WW2? I ask because I don't know. :)

But, with the chain link, a simple blocking volume will suffice.

On Basovka, you can move through the barbed wire but it does damage. The lava volume applies the damage.

Upvote 0
You mean place the static fence set it to allow all then build a block volume that only stops what? (is it actors or collision I am not for sure which settings of the blocking to set, I will have to look) Seems like those lava volumes work just not sure why they were used.

Yes, turn collision totally off on the fence. Set the blocking volume to stop players, but not bullets. I forget what the exact names of the player actors vs bullet actors are concerned, but if you check out any blocking volume in game that you can shoot through, you'll find it.

Upvote 0
How prevalent was chain link in WW2? I ask because I don't know. :)

But, with the chain link, a simple blocking volume will suffice.

On Basovka, you can move through the barbed wire but it does damage. The lava volume applies the damage.

Dang it Dingbat dont throw monkey wrenches in my almost complete map :D
Besides I got it from Riga Docks and I didnt give it anythought. I may change it now though because I dont want to add more items for the server to handle so it may be better to change to the wire fence in Danzig.
Thanks for the Lava update that is what I thought it did but never noticed or could see the settings.

Upvote 0
you want simple non-usable static tanks?
open the static meshes browser, and open the MilitaryAxisSm or MilitaryAlliedSm files. all the tank statics are there

This is what everyone keeps telling me but I cannot find them Ithink my packages may be jacked up. I have one called allies_vehicles_stc it has the vehics but there are four entries for each body,turret, damaged, snow. Maybe I am overlooking that package but I think I have checked it also and there are no undamaged tanks in it. I am pressing all on the browser. I am looking for T3476. I am not a noob here I should be able to find these things. If anyone has this package with undamaged ones in it and wanted to email it to me that would be great. Is it possible that I have corrupted packages? If so how would steams verify integrity allow me to get away with it? Thanks for the replies.

Upvote 0
hmm... strange, are you sure you arent browsing in the default static meshes browser(it only contains the meshes you already have in the map).

1: open the static meshes browser (a green bridge icon)
2: press the yellow "open package" icon
3: browse for the alliedVehiclesSm
4: open it and you should get all the meshes.

if that doesnt work then i dont see how it is possible that you can see those meshes when you play in-game.

Upvote 0
Find a tank factory and drop it in a map. Then poke around in the actor properties, especially the display properties. You may find a property that references the skin used and it might provide more information as to where to find those things.

I suspect it might not show anything since there are separate factories for snow and normal skins iirc. Still, it's worth a try.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Upvote 0