• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How do I .....? The Thread for all questions more than general.

Only 2 things are holding me back from releasing Minsk 1944.

1. The overhead map objective, radio and ammo cache locations are screwed up.
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/350/shot00117pj6.jpg

2. Artillery used to fall under the terrain, after I moved the zoneinfo actor above the terrain no artillery falls. I have no idea what is causing this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
I thought that there was a setting where you could set the time for how long it sits after exploding. If so you could just set this longer than your map time.

I don't believe this is the case.

About the only thing I can think of is to trigger a mover that places a wreck in the right place, assuming you could trigger it with the death of the original tank. The problem there is that the original wreck and the mover wreck will occupy the same space for a while until the original wreck gets cleaned up by the engine. You could put a delay on the mover, I guess.

I think, to do this properly, you need a coder.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to remove a static mesh from the mylevel package? There is a mesh in my map I want to get rid of but anytime I try to delete it the damn SDK crashes.

Now I'm really f**ked. Can't even load the map anymore.
Bad export index 138479648/11346

History: IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad183 15358459)) <- FPropertyTag::SerializeTaggedProperty <- LoadStream <- (Count 0) <- UStruct::SerializeTaggedProperties <- (KParams[-1]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (StaticMeshActor myLevel.StaticMeshActor3391) <- AActor::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (StaticMeshActor myLevel.StaticMeshActor3391 15358459==15358459/24765302 15358327 133) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Map <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (MAP LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\Map).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it possible to remove a static mesh from the mylevel package? There is a mesh in my map I want to get rid of but anytime I try to delete it the damn SDK crashes.

Now I'm really f**ked. Can't even load the map anymore.
Bad export index 138479648/11346

History: IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad183 15358459)) <- FPropertyTag::SerializeTaggedProperty <- LoadStream <- (Count 0) <- UStruct::SerializeTaggedProperties <- (KParams[-1]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (StaticMeshActor myLevel.StaticMeshActor3391) <- AActor::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (StaticMeshActor myLevel.StaticMeshActor3391 15358459==15358459/24765302 15358327 133) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Map <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (MAP LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\Map).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Doing this from memory of the SDK so you cant delete it directly. Did you use the embed command to put it in the mylevel or did you use import. What happens when you delete all of the statics rebuild save to a new revision and shutdown SDK remove the static package ane restart the SDK? Hope you have a older revision I dont think there is an unembed code. I am having to go back a revision. Or just leave it in unless it is huge and bloats your file size.

Upvote 0