• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design House On Haunted Hill - Would it be worth it?

GrayveRose

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 11, 2011
soundcloud.com
Decided one day to make a "House on Haunted Hill" map, which is a movie from 1999 with Geoffrey Rush and Famke Janssen and some others.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185371/?ref_=sr_1

Thought the asylum/house would make for a cool map, but it would take a lot of work, custom models and textures and just everything else involved in making it look nice and similar to the movie. I basically was going to base the layout after everything i could see in the movie, and then make up for the rest with just imagination.

Just curious what some people's feedback is on it so far, if it seems to be a popular idea I should get the motivation I need to make it happen. The work put into it so far is probably accumulative to a few days if that, but its also basically just the lobby so far.

8ym6c73qwav8t46fg.jpg

8ibv8b4ce45jdj4fg.jpg

5rgdidz1tzs321ifg.jpg

Screens looks promising! :)

I believe staying as close to the original will be awesome, however it will take a lot of work.

You can probably use some of the existing KF textures as a placeholder, which you can update it with your own textures at a later time, to really capture the feel and vibe of the "House on Haunted Hill" movie.

Hoping to see a lot more. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah you are all quite right, I won't need to make all new textures for everything, in fact the Asylum texture package and meshes used in Bedlam will provide a lot of content as is, along with this other decorative package that has old looking furniture and house hold objects. It should be small enough sized custom content that I can stash it in myLevel and not feel like I need to make an external file for it all.

Ha thanks guys, glad you like it so far and the concept too. I like the movie a lot too and have since i was 9 or so, even though now its rather medioicre lol. I think it would be fun making the Saturation Chamber along with the basement in general. Perhaps Ill take it a room at a time and not mentally overload myself

Last edited:
Upvote 0