• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, you insult me by insinuating that I'm a liar, then you ask me for a link? If you're curious, please, by all means, do a search there!

Update: I referenced the wrong forum -- it was THIS forum. Reddog has linked to it, below.

I wasn't calling you a liar, I just said I didn't want to believe you - big difference. I did do a search there, that's why I asked you for a link.

Edit: Honestly I'm at a loss here, as I've said in one of the other threads - adding the weapon in significant number doesn't make the game better, so why?
After hundreds of posts arguing about the decision to include it, defending it's inclusion, and explaining how TWI said it would be implemented (limited number, for elite soldiers) I just cannot fathom why TWI would lose integrity over something that doesn't enhance the gameplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wasn't calling you a liar, I just said I didn't want to believe you - big difference. I did do a search there, that's why I asked you for a link.

Don't worry about it. :) Anyway, the post is there and speaks for itself, I don't need to interpret it, so I deleted my post referring to it after being told my interpretation is incorrect. :)

Upvote 0
Isn't it ironic how it was the most dedicated fans who put up the money.

Did I miss the part , where you ,,most dedicated fans`` donated an extra 100$ than everybody else ?

And anyway... This discussion thread is created only for the group of people who thinks that MKB is overpowered... which really is not... I find it much easier to kill people , even at long distance , with an MP40. So its all about personal feelings and skill.

So you might wanna ( I apologise in advance for curse language ) LAY THE **** OFF , with your *****ing , and let them work on important bugs. That are actually Technical in nature ??

They told you about 10000 times , that you are Encouraged to Mod the game , so you can tweak the game however you want , so you might finally , be actually somewhere near the top of the scoreboard...

-Lay Off Dev`s Backs -

Upvote 0
Call Of Red Orchestra - YouTube

i can play this game like call of duty with this weapon. ridiculous.

Okay , besides it being obvious that you are playing against people who bought their 1st FPS yesterday , or are riding the short buss... Tell me how

- this couldent have been done with Mp40 , or the PPSh ?
- this was unrealistic ?
- What - was here CoD and not Ro like ? since all you did is basically kill a few people that were running around like idiots ?

Upvote 0
They told you about 10000 times , that you are Encouraged to Mod the game , so you can tweak the game however you want , so you might finally , be actually somewhere near the top of the scoreboard...

-Lay Off Dev`s Backs -

If the SDK would be out this might be a practical option, but as things are it's MIA right now.

As much as there are more obvious bugs and issues to be fixed it's not like the Trollkarbine syndrome is nothing to neglect if you consider how it effects the game practically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really doubt at this point that we will see less of these weapons in the general game (ie restricted only to Heroes), so the next best thing is to be able to filter them out in the server settings AND for players like most of us, FIND those particular servers. Its certainly better now than when the day 1 unlocks were first fixed and nearly everyone got them, but it still seems wrong and wronger still to even see the Mkb in the late summer and early fall maps.

I guess this is what TWI meant by having options. However, unless you know of a particular server than can and does filter these weapons out, how will we be able to know? As far as I know, by default they are on even in the Realism servers, and the Custom server label is a bit vague.

Also, there is that idea of an RO Classic mode that has been thrown about over the past year that really looks appealing right about now.

Upvote 0
Did I miss the part , where you ,,most dedicated fans`` donated an extra 100$ than everybody else ?

And anyway... This discussion thread is created only for the group of people who thinks that MKB is overpowered... which really is not... I find it much easier to kill people , even at long distance , with an MP40. So its all about personal feelings and skill.

So you might wanna ( I apologise in advance for curse language ) LAY THE **** OFF , with your *****ing , and let them work on important bugs. That are actually Technical in nature ??

-Lay Off Dev`s Backs -
If the dev's want us to lay off their backs they should not have marketed the game as being a certain way and then released it with things the opposite. The argument isn't really that the MKB is a super weapon, it's about us being sold down the river with lies.

So you obviously think it's ok for people to misrepresent things they are selling do you?

It's funny you drag skill in to this, considering I'm 99% of the time in the top tier of the scoreboard using nothing more than a bolt action (47 kills with the 91/30 on Grain Elevator the other day hurrrr).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No.. Here come people who actually know what they are talking about...

Instead of just using your forum account to post : ,,Hell yeah`` , ,,I have been lied to *le gasp*`` , ,,I want my money back`` type of **** here...

LOL

"I know what I'm talking about"

yet you haven't posted a single thing worth reading.

So not only are you arrogant, but incompetent as well. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Okay , besides it being obvious that you are playing against people who bought their 1st FPS yesterday , or are riding the short buss... Tell me how

- this couldent have been done with Mp40 , or the PPSh ?
- this was unrealistic ?
- What - was here CoD and not Ro like ? since all you did is basically kill a few people that were running around like idiots ?

I agree on the first point but Mkb is stronger than the others for long range too. Eventhough MP40 is also pretty good for longer range

Whats cod-like is sprinting then hitting rmb for instant iron sights and shooting steadily with nearly zero pause while standing, added to that the lack of recoil or other difficulty elements you would expect in an RO game. Oh and getting hit then applying a magic bandage in 2 secs

High damage, easy to use and very forgiving for mistakes. The main reason people are complaining about Mkb is its unrealistic for so many to have it and its a bit better than mp40..people were complaining about mp40 before too though.

The game just needs fewer smg's/semi's or some difficulty elements to separate it from a generic run&gun fps

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really doubt at this point that we will see less of these weapons in the general game (ie restricted only to Heroes), so the next best thing is to be able to filter them out in the server settings AND for players like most of us, FIND those particular servers. Its certainly better now than when the day 1 unlocks were first fixed and nearly everyone got them, but it still seems wrong and wronger still to even see the Mkb in the late summer and early fall maps.

I guess this is what TWI meant by having options. However, unless you know of a particular server than can and does filter these weapons out, how will we be able to know? As far as I know, by default they are on even in the Realism servers, and the Custom server label is a bit vague.

Also, there is that idea of an RO Classic mode that has been thrown about over the past year that really looks appealing right about now.

I loved the game at first and now I haven't played it because there aren't any server options such as turning the rare weapons completely off. I really hope they fix this later on, but with the attitude that I've seen recently I not so sure...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I loved the game at first and now I haven't played it because there aren't any server options such as turning the rare weapons completely off. I really hope they fix this later on, but with the attitude that I've seen recently I not so sure...

same here i was playing 2-4 hours a day, now because of all the semis and full autos running around i cant bring myself to play 10 mins.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.