• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

Next update will finally feature is Count, then we will yell those yanks to shreds. :D

Thanks:) but with Raven, The Germans don't need guns!:D Anything you think I could fix or redo?

Wow I forgot that combined we have exactly 1192 files!

523 for Raven 669 for me.......That's a lot of files. Then what happens when We get all the American actors.:eek: To bad there's nothing for me to help with that.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I missed that. I used Google on that and it was wrong, not sure 100% sure on what it's supposed to be. I'm having a hard time with the grammar. I knew "Fire" command, but I didn't know the verb for "firing". I didn't let Google translate know that it was an action verb.:D
Please don't take it too serious but most lines seem very odd and far away from any real german to me.
Actually sounds more polish to me than anything else, why not work in full english instead of that mix?

Upvote 0
Thank you Blitzk.-Bob for your thoughts.:) Part of my issue would be I can't speak or translate German fluently. Raven, had thought of letting me use his script. then I would be able to properly just read them off and get a more natural sound. However is currently very busy, and therefore I tried to do as best as I could.

Upvote 0
Thank you Blitzk.-Bob for your thoughts.:) Part of my issue would be I can't speak or translate German fluently. Raven, had thought of letting me use his script. then I would be able to properly just read them off and get a more natural sound. However is currently very busy, and therefore I tried to do as best as I could.
If you want a mix of a script, so not two voices say the exact same thing. I can offer you mine too. :)
Let's hope Tripwire won't take 2 days to confirm my post again though. :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I set up my new mic and started recording the tank lines (under fire), and I feel like my new mic isn't as clear as the old one (which was the exact same model). I'm probably just being overly paranoid so I'll ask you guys what you think, these are just a few of what I have of the under fire tank lines thrown in to a video to see if the quality is in fact worse, what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QddoLpsnjM&feature=youtu.be

Upvote 0
When you install new headset or mic phone, windows set it with default settings, maybe look in your microphone properties, the level is maybe set to the minimum instead of your previous setting? Right click on the white speker icon at bottom right of screen, click recording peripherals, double click on your mic phone, and check the level here.
There is also some other options enabled/disabled here.

Maybe your feeling comes from this microphone level?

Upvote 0
If you want a mix of a script, so not two voices say the exact same thing. I can offer you mine too. :)
Let's hope Tripwire won't take 2 days to confirm my post again though. :/

Yes I would appericate if you could do that Gilga.

Blitzk.-Bob If you could help translate Ravens lines that would great. I can't properly translate it to german.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey for the commander radio call-ins do you still want 5 of each string?

No and they also have to match exactly what's on the script.

I got a Suggestion about this Mod, maybe adding it on some Maps.

We could add the "Nebelwerfer" 41 as a Support thing instead of Mortar of some Maps that the Commander could call for "Nebelwerfer" it had some Action in France like on Purple Heart Lane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_cm_Nebelwerfer_41

That's already a thing in RO2. There's 3 different artillery call ins a commander can use. Mortars, artillery and rockets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0