• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

I got a Suggestion about this Mod, maybe adding it on some Maps.

We could add the "Nebelwerfer" 41 as a Support thing instead of Mortar of some Maps that the Commander could call for "Nebelwerfer" it had some Action in France like on Purple Heart Lane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_cm_Nebelwerfer_41

Wouldn't be hard I could just need to override the Mortar's sounds, and if needed the FX. Probably could do it in a few minutes, provided that the recording and FX is available. Although I can't do it right now I'm afraid. This is assuming HotW wants it.

Upvote 0
Ok some of the lines done with Gilga's script. Please check to make sure they are right. Since there is only a couple for each. I mainly will try to copy Ravens lines, then use Google translate only for small lines. When I do use Google translate I will put them in a different folder. Then you guys can correct them.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k3w8e3cipf3ksxx/New_Lines.zip

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Nebelwerfer were with the fighting units since 1940. I believe that the rocket artillery is meant to be the rocket artillery. 15cm is - as I said - a real pounder.

I will check lines in the evening. The main idea behind you re-recording is that the grammar on a large scale is correct. Sure, you may make mistakes, Osttruppen surely did not speak perfect German but it needs to be understandable for native Germans, otherwise they will do the wrong thing. As I mentioned before many sentences are good, but some are very hard to understand as the phrase's meaning goes bananas when both grammar and word order do not match.
Don't worry, I know German is a pain in the *** to learn, only language that you can learn easily even as an adult is English. All others are actually best learned during childhood.

Upvote 0
Seeing Nymets going nuts on the planes, I used a break from studies to record a short radio transmission which can be used as environmental immersion.

It's a a radio transmission from headquarters in Carentan warning German garrisons of incoming Allied aircraft.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuv76aeb38xbnvv/Division_Warning_pre_DDay_radio.wav?dl=0

"Attention, attention, this is headquarters in Carentan.
Ships of the Kriegsmarine and AA-batteries on the Channel coast report enemy contact with Allied planes. Abwehr (Intelligence) reports these are not bomber aircraft, they are enemy paratroopers. Officers have to establish combat readiness at once. Armored vehicles and AA weapons are to be manned immediately. Crash sites are to be occupied at once. Enemies resisting capture are to be eliminated on sight. Enemies who surrender will be treated medically and are to be brought to headquarters in Carentan. Be especially wary of partisan activities during this combat mission."

Maybe this could be used if Amand really goes airborne. :)

Upvote 0
That's really cool Raven!:) I like it. One thing I might say it has a muffled sound will the recording sound weird when you run it though a filter to sound like a radio?

Thanks Raven. I'm going through the lines and not recording the ones that Google translate can't re translate back into English. If it works then I have a system, if not I just gotta take it slow and really break down each sentence.

Upvote 0
The muffled sound is an effect I overlayed to make it sound like a radio transmission.

Your recordings are much clearer now and understandable. Very good work!
Seems like Google Translate is a good idea! :) Retranslating to English is not always good as every time you translate the phrase gets a bit worse. Just like a paper copy, if you always use the copy, the resulting copy becomes darker and darker. You get the idea. Especially since translation from German to English is not as good as English to German. Keep it up! Your accent plays out nicely. As I said Osttruppen didn't speak perfect German.
So don't you worry about "Sch

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0