• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

Are we talking about the same STG44? The one modelled by Nitronix and textured by Moskeeto?

Bren and Sten aren't missing either.

AAZ has posted this one (MKb-42 and StG-44)

bL2U9ByfQcE.jpg

I think it would benefit both IOM and the WF mod teams if they worked together, could really help each other out.

This would be great.

Waffen Division uniforms need to be done, camo smocks for both Waffen and Wehrmacht need to be done.

Also of interest is the fact that the Full Body Awareness in 1st person has been discovered in the codes. Also something that might be considered for inclusion.

Waffen-SS is done for IOM. Smocks are done, too but need some more work, same for helmet camo cover.

In IOM you can see your own shadow, that

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's good news that people are working on them, but they are not complete that's what I meant.

Yes, seeing the shadow is awesome! I noticed that sadly the animations of 1st and 3rd are not synched as thus sometimes the shadow does different things than your hands and rifle in 1st person.

Your 1st person shadow shows your 3rd person position.

Sadly the 1st and 3rd person isn

Upvote 0
One massive issue I've only just discovered now.

File size of Ravens voice lines. 220MB.

In vannila it's about 7MB. For a voice audio package.

And I only discovered that after I'd bloody packaged it seeing the size of the package. Which raises two issues;
Firstly, it just won't fit on the workshop. It does in fact have a 200MB file size limit like I suspected and like the creator of the Brest map found out the hard way recently.
Secondly even if it could fit it would Impact performance and making loading times increadably long. Especially if we have 8 people with 1.6GB of audio being loaded each map. The RAM has to handle all that and the game being 32 bit only utilises about 2GB lol. So the game just won't even run.

Doesn't seem like there's a way to compress them in the engine at all.

However I may not need to start again with the package. As I can paste over the WAV files in the package and the sound cues should use the new wav files provided they have the same name. But compressing the lines may be problematic. As they need to be under 15MB total preferably. Which could slaughter quality.

So yeah when recording voice lines. Make them small. Like really small. I gotta search up effective audio compression.

And that's without tank lines btw lol. They are stored in a different package.

Fun times finding things out the hard way.

Upvote 0
AAZ has posted this one (MKb-42 and StG-44)

Mine was posted a few pages back.

http://i.imgur.com/buumWIZ.png

The model is complete and even has had custom textures made for it (bless you Moskeeto) but I believe the animations are that of an Open Bolt weapon, which the STG-44 isn't. Funnily enough the MKB is coded to be a closed bolt weapon (TL;DR 30+1 magazine)

Also I am working on the G43, but as of lately progress has been at a halt.

I can tell you that the stock is finished, the bolt has derived from the G41's (mostly done), and work on the magazine had begun before I shelved it momentarily

Last edited:
Upvote 0