• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Here is some context into the amount of work that goes into a game like KF2.

1. I started to play Killing Floor 1 in the summer of 2010 during the sale.
2. I don't care for healing as I played sharpshooter 99% of the time and I only ever self healed. In fact, I made sure to leave the healing to the team medic only.
3. Exploits? Meh. Cheaters gonna cheat.
4. Who even uses commando in Killing Floor 1 :rolleyes:
5. I stand by my statement, Killing Floor 1 was perfect.
6. I have already mastered Killing Floor 2, there is nothing you can show me that I don't already know. Exploit? Check. Valid winning strategy for HoE? Check. Avoid playing crap like commando and support? Check, check. Maxed achievements except for perked up (because it's somehow broken for me). Check.

Good for you

Upvote 0
Personal little niggle but can i also add to this list that the syringe doesn't want to heal a lot of the time? I'm not sure if it's just me but it feels like im trying to give medicine to a dog whenever im using that thing, it just feels impossible to use.
Ye this is because the range of it is really low, clots can grab you farther away than medic syringe can be used on teammates.... Also contributes to medic being needed. Basically you need a medic pistol to heal allies if you dont have medic cause syringe is useless.

Upvote 0
Killing floor 1 was already basically perfect at release. Time only made it better as new maps and weapons were added.

Indeed KF1 was balanced well at release, mainly owing to the fact that it was a rework of a mod for UT2004 under the same name - http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/downloads

Having played KF since before its mod 2.0 release sometime in 2006, in comparison to it KF retail 1.0 in 2009 got a little dumbed down, but gained much in quality and player adoption so the tradeoff was acceptable. However, with the current state of KF2 EA where more liberties were taken with the original content - the game took a sharp turn for the worse. And almost nothing of what was appealing in the KF mods and KF1 retail remains. :-/

I hope that by the end of EA things will change and I will certainly give the game another try due to KF nostalgia, but I realistically do not expect an overall improvement on the current state of affairs unless TW somehow brings KFAlex back, since I suspect not even TW knows what made KF mods and KF1 so special.

I am happy with the memories and hours spent with KF mod 1.0, 2.0, 2.5 and KF retail 1, they have enriched my life, and I realistically got my moneys worth from KF2 EA (but no more than that) so I'm not bitter. Having said that I am sad that those times seem to be behind us, and new players will for the most part never experience the glorious struggles and triumphs of what was Killing Floor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0