• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help us out#2 Kill Cam On or Off

Help us out#2 Kill Cam On or Off

• On

Votes: 34 11.1%
  • Off

Votes: 272 88.9%

• Total voters
Killcam should be removed completely.

It simply doesn't fit into RO's way of gameplay and it makes whole game itself more Run N Gun.

The definition camping seems to be quite misunderstood. Caming is by definition a player which stay put at a strategic location rather than engaging in CQC. This is neither stupid or bad. COD is all about CQC combat, with quickscoping, perks, autohealing, twitchy moves, and rage agianst any form of tactical thinking. RO is quite diffrence and the game mechanic is diffrent and the whole way of gameplay is diffrent.

Killcam in RO simple makes the the class rifleman, sniper, anti tank personell, team leader, gunner, and even tank commanders role more or less absolutely useless. Because the role for a rifleman, for instance, is not neccessary to engage in CQB. It's to keep distance. The sniper's role is not to engage in CQB either - It's to stay put far away in order to take out vital targets. Because the most effective way for anti tank personell, for instance, is to hide and wait for incoming tanks.

Not only that, but it also punish players that doesn't run for their objectives, and it will make any form of defensive lines suffer since the enemy will get an idea exactly where your teammates are.

For those of you that get frustated because you don't know where the bullet that blew your head off came from - well, blame yourself and adapt or go and play 85% the other games out there that litteraly plays the game for you. But don't try to make this game into another mainstream game shooter, and apart of the 85% just because of your insuffient skills. This game is and should be kept for a niche audience - that rarely can choose what to play, because games like RO rarely exist.

Therefore, I suggest: Remove killcam completely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
minority opinion incoming, i voted for on.
i know, its not realistic and all, but i really hate running from cover to cover for about 10 minutes, looking carefully around every corner, just to get shot without even knowing where the shot came from. its frustrating.
killcam also prevents people from camping. being at the same camper-spot the whole time doesnt work when half the enemy team already knows your position.

Upvote 0
If you're upset about people 'camping' in games like RO, realistic gaming isn't for you.

Try more arcade run-and-gun games where everyone runs around aimlessly until everyone is dead.

If I want to sit in an important position on the map and stop you pesky b4stards from taking it back, I'll do it all day and laugh at those who cry about the so-called 'camping' but respect the guy who is clever enough to take me out without whining.

In real life if you were unsure about a building or a specific area, you wouldn't run in without thinking - so why do it ingame? You can't shout and scream about players who have given themselves a natural advantage, it's called tactics. Use your heads more and get around the 'campers' by being clever - not by implementing a Kill-Cam or moaning about people who you didn't expect to stumble upon.

Upvote 0
If you're upset about people 'camping' in games like RO, realistic gaming isn't for you.

Try more arcade run-and-gun games where everyone runs around aimlessly until everyone is dead.

If I want to sit in an important position on the map and stop you pesky b4stards from taking it back, I'll do it all day and laugh at those who cry about the so-called 'camping' but respect the guy who is clever enough to take me out without whining.

In real life if you were unsure about a building or a specific area, you wouldn't run in without thinking - so why do it ingame? You can't shout and scream about players who have given themselves a natural advantage, it's called tactics. Use your heads more and get around the 'campers' by being clever - not by implementing a Kill-Cam or moaning about people who you didn't expect to stumble upon.

Exactly. Thing is, in most games, such as COD, you're a bad player if you use any form of tactics. Obviously, RO is not a mainstream game, and it's not supposed to.

In the end of the day it doesn't matter how you kill someone (unless you use cheats that said) The only thing that matters is that you get the job done. If people are tired of ''campers'', they better just adapt and do something about it or stop playing the game.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't undercut the value of people being less frustrated if they know why they died.

My words on a non-kill cam server go something like this when I'm shot: "What the ****?!?!?!"

My words on a kill-cam server go like this: "What the fu---oh. Yeah, that was stupid of me."

I know which I prefer. Even if it's just staring through a wall.

Upvote 0