• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help us out#2 Kill Cam On or Off

Help us out#2 Kill Cam On or Off

• On

Votes: 34 11.1%
  • Off

Votes: 272 88.9%

• Total voters
I just wanted to get some more community feedback on Kill Cams. On or Off. Again" We are trying to setup the best possible TE server config for the community we can and looking for feedback.

IMO" I think one of the good things about kill cam. Is it helps to stop camping.

Great poll! I can already tell you should expect to see a lot more negative responses to the kill cam than positive.

I agree that the killcam somewhat deters camping, but a lot of the die-hards on here will get offended and say that there's no such thing as camping in the game, which is an insatiable lie. Usually when I'm killed by a camper, though, I'm pretty aware of where they were.

Upvote 0
While I'm not a big fan of the killcam, I feel that it is somewhat needed in public games to keep the flow going.

People play too defensive in general, and generally try to avoid attacking. The killcam while in a lame way makes gameplay move more progressively. While of course in the end it is avoiding a certain problem with the gameplay rather than fixing it.

Upvote 0
OFFFFFFFF!!!! :rolleyes:
lol..why? when I'm hiding in a bush sniping people with a K98 they will see where I am LOLZ

No..the truth is because the person who gets killed will often go after the person who killed them (but in real life, who the heck can respawn with the memories of his previous life?), with killcam on, this person who was "freshly transported" into the battlefield already who where the enemy is hiding..

I know some people will say, "This is not real life dude, it's a game". But why do we play this game? That's because it's more realistic than a lot of the shooters out there. And...no offense to people who believes in you can reborn..but memories certainly won't carry on to the next life lolz

Upvote 0
I have to aggree with Zetsumei, it makes the gameplay faster, stops people camping, and since you respawn as another soldier, shouldn't you be aware of where your fallen comrades have been shot from? Like having someone on point...maybe.
As much as I hate getting sniped, then sniped again and not knowing where the hell it came from, I also love doing that to the other team! :D I am very undecided, I hate it when the other team knows my position because of kill cam, if I found a great spot.....shouldn't it stay that way, instead of instantly giving it away, it's VERY frustrating for MG I find aswell, mowing a few people down means there's 3 or 4 kill cams, all showing where you are, I hate relocating after each squad or even rifleman is taken out.
But it's a good feature for noobs, I know people love the game, how hardcore it is and how little hitpoints (if any you have) but it's a very big lurning curve with this game, if you get a good sniper that keeps mowing noobs down as they spawn, without knowing where they got shot from you may get a couple less people playing the game you know? I still haven't voted.

Upvote 0
I find it makes playing Offense more enjoyable. Since some people have really stupid camping spots you just don't see an pick people off over an over with impunity. If your doing a Realism server though then obviously you probably want it off though.

To those saying its unrealistic also realize its unrealistic that these campers are so familiar with this terrain they are fighting on. Almost as if they have fought this battle before hundreds of times and have learned exactly where their enemies will come from an how best to hide an pick them off. Because they have. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0
Off.

While it may prevent camping, a lot of the maps are based off an attack and defend state of mind, even when both sides are fighting over the map like in Fallen Fighters, so of course some people are going to camp (think of soldiers digging in to hold critical positions). If you're in a good spot as a rifleman or sneaking behind the enemy in order to flank, It just gets really annoying that someone can spawn and immediately go to intercept you, or take you out.

Killcam really only works in a mode like Fire Fight or Countdown, where being in a critical defensive or offensive position isn't important for more than one life, or in order to contribute to a win.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To those saying its unrealistic also realize its unrealistic that these campers are so familiar with this terrain they are fighting on. Almost as if they have fought this battle before hundreds of times and have learned exactly where their enemies will come from an how best to hide an pick them off. Because they have. :rolleyes:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand conversely the Attackers know all the camping spots as well

so I don't see your point

Upvote 0
I actually prefer it being available on some servers. It was invaluable in the beta just to get a sense of the maps and where you're most likely to get shot from. I think it would have taken me twice as long to figure maps out if I hadn't had the kill cam.

That said, I adjust pretty quickly to when it's off. I could go either way on this one.

I haven't played so many realism shooters that I've forgotten the cardinal FPS rule of "Kill a dude and he'll come looking for you on his next life." So kill cam or no, I will play that way.

Upvote 0