• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code help script that could sort corrupted files to a specified folder

phixxion

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2011
Mtl
Question about running dedicated server ?!?!

Hi im running a dedicated server 24/7 and i got the whole 5go packages map running with fast downlod.

Its running under windows .. not linux and im searching for a script or someone who could help me with my problem and could probably help many other Admin's.

Here is the thing, i got corrupted maps on the server due to loss connection during the upload. ( Took me 10 hours to upload -_- )

Does anyone knows a script that could sort corrupted files to a specified folder instead of re-uploading the package.

any script , any idea ?!?!

Thx for your help guys :D

Thx for the reply. Yeah i actually use Fireftp and filezilla, i did the thing about comparing files and everythings seems fine. But some maps i just connect and the files are on the fast upload too.

Exemple: The last stand V2. The file "X_cp_terrain1.utx" is on the fast upload and it takes forever to upload .... wonder why. Re-uploaded on both and still the same result.

If you have any clues about this kind of situation that would probably help a lot :)
Thx for your time guys

Upvote 0
you might have to rename the uz2 so it matches what kf thinks it is named.

Best way to check how the letter capitalizing on files would be by playing the map on server (or offline play) and bring down console and type in command:
OBJ LINKERS
That will show a list of all loaded files (also shows what KF expects with the caps on file names).

Upvote 0
Thx for the tip ... but the server is on an other location and i only have access by the TCPadmin. For the ucz i use a compressor, im use this one
"KF compression tool by RoxServers.com"

But i will give a shot at home thx

Okay here i did it from the webadmin and i got the results o_O Lost of stuff in there so i will highlight the most important stuff. Yellow the map and Orange the file in question.

Spoiler!

Here is the issue topic about this map only.
The map KF-LibraryFINAL => the author final word #33

So the idea i had wasnt that great but, instead a map crash report txt would be nice instead. Just to keep tracking the bad stuff.

I know Marco made a [Tool] Server crash recovery for this kind of situation, but i wonder if it could keeps the maps names in a .txt file. But the tool is more specific for a crash not a looping. Haven't tryed it yet ... so i don't really know if it count for a crash.

Thx a bunch guys :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thx for the reply. Yeah i actually use Fireftp and filezilla, i did the thing about comparing files and everythings seems fine. But some maps i just connect and the files are on the fast upload too.

Exemple: The last stand V2. The file "X_cp_terrain1.utx" is on the fast upload and it takes forever to upload .... wonder why. Re-uploaded on both and still the same result.

If you have any clues about this kind of situation that would probably help a lot :)
Thx for your time guys

That's for the map last stand v2 right? The map is bugged, it will always try to download x_cp_terrain and the download never completes.

Reactions: phixxion
Upvote 0
Yeah thats the one. For now i found out 2 maps is Bugged.
AquaStudyV2 / and TheLastStandV2 Not V2Final and this the lase stand. But thx.

Hmmm ... playing them all. :eek: THIS IS MADNESS !!! Kidding, i dont really have time. Like the rest of us ... i got a Different book to read each week and an exam each friday until april 2014. So till then, i might have tryed them all.

Thx everyone ^^ Have a nice one "CheerS".

You can close this topic now.
Looks like a case close !

Upvote 0