• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heavy Metal Content Pack for Killing Floor released and a 10% discount this week

I thought the Katana felt a little OP in the hands of a non-berzerker...but I was just testing things out in a normal solo game. I imagine on hard with a full 6 players, the Katana isn't going to be the end-all-be-all fallback weapon. It's too early to tell. Is it supposed to be at or above the chainsaw in terms of damage?

Well, according to the trader, the damage per hit is equal. But in my experience, I think the katana is better than the chainsaw in all areas except the constant damage of the chainsaw's primary attack and how easy it is to decap FPs with it.

From what I can tell, the katana has:

Chainsaw damage
Axe range (maybe even bigger? I can hit crawlers at my feet without crouching)
Similar attack speed to the knife
Slightly slower run speed than the knife

I tested it out with a level 4 berserker.

Upvote 0
Anyone else expecting more? I mean know offense, this update is great and I love the weapons... but I was expecting a few more than 2 weapons, and maybe 1 or 2 more maps.

Good job though! Looking forward to more great content!

I would have to agree with you but think of it they said this was 1 of the MANY Free DLC to come out so i know tripwire us something up there sleeves watch there gonna surprize us.

Upvote 0
Absolutely awesome update to this awesome game from TWI - and at the sale price, it's the best freakin' deal on Steam for sure.

A huge thanks and salute, as a PC gamer, to TWI for making this update free. As long as TWI operates this way, I'll continue to buy every skin pack you guys ever release :p

I convinced two friends to buy your game this week, and they're lovin' it

TWI - my favorite dev

Upvote 0
AK is simply sick. it was a little difficult at first with the recoil, but as long as you shoot in short bursts it's really effective........one downside. playing with 5 commandos because they all want to use it and your team never wins :rolleyes:

Almost everyone I see is either a Berserker with Katana/AK or a Commando with AK/Katana. Seriously. The few others I see are:
-Medic with AK/Katana
-Medic with AK/Anything
-Medic with Katana/Anything

Firebugs, Supports, and Sharpshooters are almost unused right now. I hope this'll wear off soon, but only time will tell. The absence of Supports' "Big bang" damage of Shotguns/Nades alone hurts the teams a lot. When you count out Firebugs area-effect sweeping and the Sharpshooters' sweeping/big damage as well, you have a team that's pretty limited...

I will say that me and a few others were right about Support: When other classes were brought up to their level, they became a LOT less desirable very quickly... And since they were a vital role, this isn't having a good effect on things.

Upvote 0
I think Sharpshooters lose out because it's a lot more fun to kill handfuls of enemies than it is to try to go for headshots for a lot of people. Once it's leveled it's a less appealing way to contribute than blasting whole ranks of specimen apart with a clip, shotgun blast or a mega grenade.

Firebug loses out both for it's effectiveness against the hardest targets and because it calls for more passive play style. It's fun to light stuff on fire but you tend to get myopia because you don't end up moving for the entire wave, except to make fine adjustments to your flame trail.

And zerkers...I tend to see people play them early on when running out ahead of your team to get kills doesn't immediately get you killed. Late game fewer people are willing to sit in the doorway when 2 or 3 skrakes are inbound.

I think Commando and Support are (now with the AK) the two most flexible perks in terms of play style and also the most effective, in terms of how much you kill per pull of the trigger.

Medic, to me at least, still seems like the least used one, especially at the higher difficulties when everything has more life and you need the perk specific bonuses.

In spite of all those issues, I think the perks are mostly well-balanced (Firebug and Medic probably being the two that feel least in balance to the others.) If anything I think the game still relies too heavily on the awesome explodey power of the Support perk to really get you through the worst. Supports will be making a comeback soon, the update just happened and it's too early to start fretting about trends.

Upvote 0
I think Sharpshooters lose out because it's a lot more fun to kill handfuls of enemies than it is to try to go for headshots for a lot of people. Once it's leveled it's a less appealing way to contribute than blasting whole ranks of specimen apart with a clip, shotgun blast or a mega grenade.

Firebug loses out both for it's effectiveness against the hardest targets and because it calls for more passive play style. It's fun to light stuff on fire but you tend to get myopia because you don't end up moving for the entire wave, except to make fine adjustments to your flame trail.

And zerkers...I tend to see people play them early on when running out ahead of your team to get kills doesn't immediately get you killed. Late game fewer people are willing to sit in the doorway when 2 or 3 skrakes are inbound.

I think Commando and Support are (now with the AK) the two most flexible perks in terms of play style and also the most effective, in terms of how much you kill per pull of the trigger.

Medic, to me at least, still seems like the least used one, especially at the higher difficulties when everything has more life and you need the perk specific bonuses.

In spite of all those issues, I think the perks are mostly well-balanced (Firebug and Medic probably being the two that feel least in balance to the others.) If anything I think the game still relies too heavily on the awesome explodey power of the Support perk to really get you through the worst. Supports will be making a comeback soon, the update just happened and it's too early to start fretting about trends.

Yeah. I hope I'm not spoiling Tripwire's surprises in the future, but I see the next DLC having something for the Sharpshooter. Probably that M14. It'll be nice because right now, headshots from anything less than a Crossbow (Which is only worth it on bigger targets or lined up groups) pale in comparison to sprayed AK bursts from a Commando...

Upvote 0
I realy love the update.
It has changed the way my community play alot ;)
Now we play with 2 berzerkers with katana behind them 2 medics crouching(the berzerkers are also crouching) and at the end one sharpsshooter and one assault

(an awesome technik in biotecslab in the "safe" 2 door romm)
But what i dont like is that now everyone is rushing the patriach with the katana thats realy suecide.....

I am realy a fan since KF even bought RO because of the awesome skills of Tripwire, i am realy looking forward for more great content for KF wich is still my favourite coop game and zombie game in one ;)

koschi

Upvote 0
thanks for the update TWI. i love it, too.
somehow KF feels "rounder" now, much better. the foundry-map is awesome as well.

only had some lag-issues here and there with a ping around 60 that was new and the new flashlight is much to bright on foundry...on other maps its ok.
but these are minor things.

again: muchos gracias

Upvote 0
This update really made things much more fun for the Commando class that has been previously crippled by lack of stopping power. I am very grateful for that. Also, I love the iron sights of the AK, they are accurate, simple, functional and do not obscure the view as much as the reflex sight of the Bullpup. The recoil is a bit high, but that is a small price to pay for such a great firearm.

Berserkers can play with much lighter payload now, and their teammates are happy for not having to listen to the monotonous chainsaw sound. The katana has a great speed, good damage, light weight and excellent reach so I think it just became a weapon of choice for me.

Thank you, Tripwire Interactive.

Upvote 0
This update really made things much more fun for the Commando class that has been previously crippled by lack of stopping power. I am very grateful for that. Also, I love the iron sights of the AK, they are accurate, simple, functional and do not obscure the view as much as the reflex sight of the Bullpup. The recoil is a bit high, but that is a small price to pay for such a great firearm.

Berserkers can play with much lighter payload now, and their teammates are happy for not having to listen to the monotonous chainsaw sound. The katana has a great speed, good damage, light weight and excellent reach so I think it just became a weapon of choice for me.

Thank you, Tripwire Interactive.

I found the roar of a teammates' chainsaw to be comforting. Knowing you could run to them if overwhelmed and they'd cut a swathe through your pursuers! No such luck if the poor sap has a Katana, as they might cut down a few, but most will run right past and keep chasing you...

I love the Katana, don't get me wrong, but it upstages the chainsaw pretty bad, is too cheap for it's power, and ABSOLUTELY renders the Fire Axe and Machete obselete.

Upvote 0