• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have they fixed 1st bullet not firing on beta server?

You are kidding right?

This is the one bug that I am guaranteed to run into every match on every map at least once or twice.

They need to be able to reproduce it 100% of the time in order to squash it. I'm plagued by this bug too, but we/they need to figure out a way or identify a certain set of circumstances to make it happen all the time.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's exactly ping, as much as over-loaded servers that's causing this problem. I only really see this bug on servers that allow more than 42 players.

When it happens, you also get the bug where it takes you multiple attempts to mantle out of trenches on maps like Spartonovka, so presumably the server's processor is having difficulty recording / relaying to the client where all the players / objects are in relation to the map in real time.

Upvote 0
It doesn't have anything to do with latency. I only play on low ping servers and it happens quite often.

I don't say it so much has to do with latency or stressed out servers, but the effect seems much more common on those kind of servers. The key is finding a reproduction, so anything that increases chances might be beneficial ;).

Upvote 0
I also think that it doesn't have anything to do with latency or servers.
As far as I understand, first person firing is done client side, so it should be the client who decides if it's able to fire or not.

I think that it has something to do with the state of the player just before or during his death, or right before the respawn. Like holding the mouse button the moment you're dying, or pressing the mouse button to switch between players while spectating. That kind of stuff.

Upvote 0
You are kidding right?

This is the one bug that I am guaranteed to run into every match on every map at least once or twice.

Just because it happens a lot doesn't mean anyone has yet to figure out how to make it happen on command.

have you tried reproducing on servers with bad ping?

Happens offline, so its not a bad ping issue.

Upvote 0
I think that it has something to do with the state of the player just before or during his death, or right before the respawn. Like holding the mouse button the moment you're dying, or pressing the mouse button to switch between players while spectating. That kind of stuff.
I would look into this as well. I've had a lot of odd ball stuff happen when I was cycling through people as a spectator and clicking my mouse right as I respawn. I seem to have some delay in firing my weapon with left click right when spawning, so I often go "oh crap I'm going to fire my weapon" and I let go...but my guy never fired his weapon. Almost like the game was inserting a delay there to prevent me from firing right as I spawn.

And yeah, holding your mouse click when you're dying seems to create weirdness as well.

Upvote 0