• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Halloween Hillbilly Horrors!

I already did, however we all know that it can take weeks before getting any reply from steam support and by then the Halloween event will be finished already.

As a new customer and fan, I'm very disappointed :(

Can you please at least confirm a fix for the issue?

The issue is that the key for the DLC did not properly get associated with some accounts that purchased it. Steam support can correct that (we have no control over it).

Upvote 0
Out with the old, in with the new it seems. Guess that makes me one of the old.

I've talked to and seen many modders of other games chat and talk and one thing I always notice is that they do the modding because they enjoy it. They mod the game not expecting to receive money, some are downright against donations as they believe it is against the philosophy behind modding... It's for that reason I dislike paying for RS in RO2 which I won't be doing, and it's the same reason I'm not paying for the dlc for KF. I think I'll take a break from TWI for a few months and see if things have all gone to hell when I come back. I'm hoping things work out but honestly, I've always had a bad taste in my mouth ever since the announcement of RS being a paid expansion when originally announced as a free mod by modders in the same vein as Darkest Hour. This news isn't helping that go away at all.

Upvote 0
I've always had a bad taste in my mouth ever since the announcement of RS being a paid expansion when originally announced as a free mod by modders in the same vein as Darkest Hour. This news isn't helping that go away at all.

RS was ALWAYS up in the air about whether it would be free or paid expansion. In any case, if you own ROHOS, you can play RS for free in a limited capacity (and vice versa). Perhaps you didn't know that :p

Upvote 0
Oh man. It's been so long since I've looked at this forum. I still see times are on the right track here.

I hear a lot of stuff about nerfing guns and balance of the game as well as it just being a co-op, so why even change anything the developers do? Just have fun.

Well in all honesty KF is trying to be something it isn't, a Meta Game. It's trying to compete with other games, much like L4D, which it doesn't need to do. This is kind of like the case when Smash Brothers came out. The developer didn't intend for it to be a competitive game, yet it was taken as such.

Killing Floor is a Zombie Shoot 'Em Up, no matter if you get technical and call them "Zeds". The fact that the developers tried to "balance" the game at all is quite silly indeed.

Now the first few patches I remember were to fix things like killing FPs in one pistol shot and all these map hacks that could get you perks faster and mutators that would let you kill bloats for shotty dmg increased as well as fire and all that Jazz. I don't think that was a bad move because it made the game more in line with what (at the time) I thought to be a good wave survival shooter.

After that though, the patches got worse and worse really. The M14 got "nerfed" because it seemed too "OP", so the amount of clips you could get was HALVED. The next thing I noticed was that, for some reason, you could carry a crossbow and an M14 at the same time. The developers also thought this was "too over powered and easy" and got rid of that weight change. Some patches later I also think they made the medic slower or something about the berserker to make it more "viable" (I put all these words in quotes because they don't really belong to what was, in my mind, considered a pretty casual co-op survival shooter. Now watch as I get ripped on for calling the game "casual" to those hardcore lvl *7* reset players who think they're bad ***)

As you can see with the examples to how the developers try to make the game more serious than it should be, this only made way for more "Hard core" players than the casual ones. These types of players often crave for "More" and they post of forums, such as these, to beg devs and do that very thing. They listened and probably thought that if they did this, more people would have word of mouth and then buy the game when it went on sale every quarter of the year. Well I suppose TWI didn't get much money after the last update, so they resorted to a female skin and voice actor (Which are both horrible and annoying I might add) to try and appeal to the strong male player base as well as maybe even the female, for those who desired not to be in the body of a male british man with a bad accent. Even then I don't think they quite recouped a loss and here we have what stands before you today.

Now I'm not saying this is what happened exactly, this is just my opinion and you'll all surely beat me out for it, but that's why we post on a forum, to agree or rip people to shreds in the highest form possible with even a slight chance of humiliation. So by all means, do enjoy the feast.

**On a side note, of course people will be mad if the devs go against their word when they say "We won't have any DLC except for purely cosmetic items". It's a matter of principle and company standards to not go against your word, even on hard times. It shows the character of your business model and if it stinks, people will smell it from miles. It doesn't matter if you're putting ALL the money to the modders. Modders don't do this kind of work for the money and if you hadn't offered a deal, they would NEVER think about it. I know more than my fair share of Modders and they DON'T do it for money, but because it's a hobby or they enjoy doing it.

*Totally random after thought*
I missed when you could jump on the gate in West London and be pretty much immune to all damage. I wished they would bring back one shot kills on FPs from a pistol. I cringe at the fact that they got rid of the COOL mutators that once let you fight waves of bloats, or sirens, or husks, or FPs only. Those things are what made the game FUN, not balance and restrictions. Like many people have been posting in this forum, the game is PvE (Player Versus Environment), not PvP (Player Versus Player) so why try to make it such?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not going to keep paying money to stay "up to date" on a game I've already paid for, ESPECIALLY a decentralized, multiplayer, online game. I mean, an occasional two or three dollars every few months, for a handful of weapons I don't even need to use and I can ignore? That would be fine. But weapons that fundamentally change the way I can play the game, that I have to shell out an hour of minimum wage work worth of cash for, that's not okay.

People are complaining about $4 for weapon upgrades. Really?
Another person makes a crusade out of a $4 purchase. Really?
Another person attempts to boycott TW for 100 days over a $4 issue. Really?

Take a minute and see how much TW does that other game providers do not in terms of these special events. Each event they spend plenty of time making new skins for the zombies and crafting all that together to make something really cool for us. I am not going to complain about $4, particularly because I am seeing some regular game development progress here that I do not see at many providers.

Upvote 0
Hello, first time posting since i had only made this account for getting one of the mutators for KF, and... sad to hear these news about weapons DLC, i got this game as a gift and really enjoyed it til now, im hoping this wont be killing my gameplay much (might do in a way, i wanted new weapons to try out for specific perks <.<). Also this is gonna create a huge gap and divide the comunity, yes i might not have been in here for long, but still, dividing between paid and non-paid seems...a lil bit too mcuh maybe, since the DLC characters were really good, but weapons and other stuff just no =/ , its worse for those form the outside who would want to get their hands on new content and we have to pay a lot more money + taxes -.- (for obvious currency exchange rate) aso sorry im not gonna go around paying near $15+ taxes of my own country currency just to get some random weapons god knows how they look like =/ , nice work for the mods n all, but ill opt out for them.

PD: my personal opinion, stick with it or remain silent, respect others, ty :3

Upvote 0
I am not going to complain about $4, particularly because I am seeing some regular game development progress here that I do not see at many providers.

This statement sums things up very well. I play a wide variety of games, even now as I'm getting up in years. KF is one of only 2 games currently being developed for that I religiously play (and every game on my PC is from 2008 or newer with exception of Quake 3/Urban Terror).

Why people view everything TW is attempting to experiment with here as a negative is completely lost on me. Be happy the developer still takes so much interest in their creation. They're not forcing anything on you; it's your own, personal issue if you feel you're missing out on something so great you come to the forum making a big dilemma of it. Spend the few dollars and your cares go away if it's that important to you. Otherwise you're still left with the same great game you've been playing for years (if you honestly cannot handle seeing other people using DLC weapons you have issues, and they're not necessarily monetary).

As long as things are being actively produced (holiday events, skin packs, and yes.. even the weapon DLC) any fan of the series should be encouraged. The game many have invested hundreds of hours into, or beyond, is likely to have many more miles left on its tires.

Hello, first time poster, only registered to say I will not be buying any more DLC because of the decision to sell weapons as DLC. You wanted feedback, this is it.

Disappointed, was looking forward to buying the Ash skin.

I'm sure that'll really show TW. The fact you're not going to buy a skin you admit to wanting because you disagree with the weapon DLC is comical. You're only depriving yourself in the end, but enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sure that'll really show TW. The fact you're not going to buy a skin you admit to wanting because you disagree with the weapon DLC is comical. You're only depriving yourself in the end, but enjoy! :)
Does having more options instantly give me an advantage? No way in hell.
Make up your mind. Are we actually missing out on anything or not?

I also have stopped buying DLC, as I(along with others) was promised I wouldn't have to. If these guns are as lackluster as you say, I shouldn't be missing out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The issue is that the key for the DLC did not properly get associated with some accounts that purchased it. Steam support can correct that (we have no control over it).

Thanks for the answer,

However I've the problem with Ash Harding Character Pack DLC, not the weapons (the one that all the others have).

-Is it the same issue?

Too bad I'll not be able to be a part of the Halloween event...

Upvote 0
It's not about how much it costs.
I have probably purchases over 30 sets of KF for various friends and clan members. And I regularly buy character packs for them as well. The money is not an issue with me, and I do not have a problem paying for some new content.

Whatever your issue is with this, keep in mind that this is something that happens with many game providers, but TW is not taking it to the extreme. Take a look at MW3 and BlackOps for example --see what those expansion packs cost.

Again, this is a $4 issue.
But if it is about balancing weapons, then get on the review end of it and make the suggestions that the devs might need to hear.

Just my opinion.

Upvote 0
Whatever your issue is with this, keep in mind that this is something that happens with many game providers

I know, and I don't like it.

Again, this is a $4 issue.

Again, me (and many others) being unhappy with TWI selling this DLC is not about how much it costs, also it's not about how balanced the weapons may be either for me at least.

Upvote 0
Make up your mind. Are we actually missing out on anything or not?

I also have stopped buying DLC, as I(along with others) was promised I wouldn't have to. If these guns are as lackluster as you say, I shouldn't be missing out.

You're missing out (not you specifically, but anyone complaining about the new DLC weapons) in that if someone really wants to experience these weapons they'd shell out the couple dollars. It's just a case of self deprivation that could easily be solved if the user so intended.

HOWEVER

There's no advantage oncesoever beyond having a few more options available to you at the trader menu. The guns have been broken down by various people with their features and their damage outputs. For the moment the buzzsaw is way overpowered but expect a quick adjustment to its features once the event is over. Beyond that; the flaregun struggles to take out a gorefast on any difficulty beyond normal. The tommygun is just a lighter version of the AK (my opinion). The scythe is clumsy as hell and likely going to be nerfed since some think it's also overpowered; I really didn't see a difference from the claymore to this myself. The big appeal to having the scythe to me would be running around as the grimreaper with it, beyond that it's just another option that to me is inferior to the katana in most ways.

Ultimately there's no necessity to having this DLC and that's a large part of why a lot of people, such as myself, are at a loss over all the outrage being expressed about it.

You'll be just as well off with the stock weapons (all one thousand of them - I know, slight exaggeration :p).

If you are going to buy the DLC though I'd say now is probably the best time; I doubt we'll see them going for 50% again any time soon after the event (unless there's some big x-mas sale).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've actually changed my mind about the weapons DLC. Since some of the money from the sale is going to the modding community, it's not that bad. They deserve some sort of recompense for all of their hard work. In addition, these DLC weapons can be purchased by whoever has unlocked them and dropped for and picked up by whoever hasn't unlocked them yet. I do this all of the time on the modded server I play on anyways. If a lower level guy needs a weapon but can't afford it, I just buy it for them. Simple as that.

The terminator chicken is quite lame, though. Granted, I bought it, but it isn't remarkably different from the commando chicken. Come on tripwire. For around 3 bucks cost, you could have done a DLC character that was a little more original than a slightly altered chicken.

To sum up, if you guys are too cheap to give a little bit of money back to the modding community, then that's sad. Stop being such cheapskates. In almost all F2P and MMO's, microtransactional items are character or account bound-meaning, those weapons or items can't be dropped or used by other players.

Upvote 0