• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Haha so many new funny guys.

We filled our own server last night with 80% newcomers, was quite a laugh seeing them shoot each other. I even tried approaching one of my own, who raised a gun at me. I calmly explained him over team-voice, that I was the one standing in front of him at the assembly hall (Stalingradkessel map). He then just keeps staring at me for a good five seconds, before he suddenly just shoots me. :rolleyes:

Or the ones Meleeing their own teammates, though that one I will never understand :confused:

EDIT: Naturally we tried to coach them, and try and make them work together a bit.

Upvote 0
Great to see so many new players and full servers, also great that it has occurred at the same time as the emergence of brilliant new custom content and of the ninja Campaign Mode. ;)

What`s not cool: deliberate TKers in spawn, newbies who take roles (TLs, SLs, Tankers etc) and don`t know what they are doing with them, don`t communicate and won`t free up the role no matter how many times they are asked.

Oh well, i guess it`s just the price we will have to pay to increase the interest in RO2.

Say it quietly though, RO2 is becoming a truly great game because of all these innovations.

Upvote 0
I just started playing because of the Humble Bundle and did some pretty embarrassing stuff. The worst was selecting tank commander ("Hey I like tanks in Battlefield, so surely this will be similar") and proceeded to drive it around blindly and get stuck inside of a building. Eventually, I figured out how to switch seats and killed a couple enemy tanks :D

I've since switched to rifleman/elite rifleman and have been doing pretty well, at least on the Action mode servers. I love the game and plan on sticking around for Rising Storm.

Upvote 0
I just started playing because of the Humble Bundle and did some pretty embarrassing stuff. The worst was selecting tank commander ("Hey I like tanks in Battlefield, so surely this will be similar") and proceeded to drive it around blindly and get stuck inside of a building. Eventually, I figured out how to switch seats and killed a couple enemy tanks :D

I've since switched to rifleman/elite rifleman and have been doing pretty well, at least on the Action mode servers. I love the game and plan on sticking around for Rising Storm.

Cool. Welcome Aboard man. :)

Upvote 0

Let us know how it goes when you try realism or classic, it will be quite the experence, but great once you get the hang of it. :D

Upvote 0
My advice to you veterans is treat your newbies like FNGs. You don't have to like them. You can even use them for cannon fodder! Just remember that they're still your team mates (or they will be) and if you don't teach them anything they're going to do dumb things that get you killed. That will be your fault. Because they don't know any better. You need to teach them or there's going to be a lot of dead silhouettes. Your silhouette.

Well said.

The people that are mad at the prospect of new players are the guys who are the cancer of the community. We have seen a few of them in this thread. They are the ones who think this game should only be the way they want.

There WILL be teamkills. People will press a key and it will auto-throw a grenade, they will line a sure enemy kill only for it to be your squad leader, they will excitedly become a commander and arty your entrenchment. Its just gonna happen since we all did it at some point.

Help them through it. If you are so lividly frustrated by them making mistakes while learning to play, as we all did, then YOU are the one who should take a break from the game.

Upvote 0
Frankly, my only problem with noobs so far has been a lack of aggressiveness. I was playing on Station as the Russians and the majority of my team just flat-out refused to advance to retake the flag in the station that had been capped (but the flag on the rails hadn't been yet, yano?). They weren't defending the rails, they were just playing some sort of weird WW1 trench warfare with the Germans.

It's times like that that make me wish for a Commisar class. "IF YOU WILL NOT ADVANCE, YOU WILL DIE WHERE YOU STAND!" Then make tours of the line putting rounds from your Nugget revolver in the skulls of the filthy cowards who refuse to die for Stalin.

Edit: Also, I had no idea there was an autogrenade button, I've been pressing 3 this whole time... How very... CoD of TWI to add that in.

Upvote 0
Be patient my experienced players... We were all there at one time or another. Please, be grateful we have NEW players and encourage them to stay, help them along and above all else..... go easy on them.

Yeah I know, coming from me that might sound different. Truth is, I too realize we need the players and must make every effort to keep them. I absolutely enjoy the game.

RO2 is truly a great game that needs more support by us and stronger recognition in the gaming world.

Upvote 0
In fact, many of these newbie 'problems' are solvable by an adecuate multiplayer-oriented in-game tutorial.

We, the community, can easily put together the general points on how to behave in the game in general (movement, weapons, cooperation), and give the taste of how each class should really be employed.

I bet many new players melee TK just to see what the bayonet/grip/butt does with an enemy soldier. It sure is not shown in the current tutorial (yeah, you get to bayonet a barrel, encouraged by a guy with a German accent. Yay.).

This will also partly solve the problem of newbies hogging important classes (like Marksman, worst of all, I think) to the detriment of the whole team.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Must still be a bunch of new guys out there...

I'm a Russian Squad Leader on Fallen Fighters for the Campaign. Order an attack on C the Center Park and easily get into it. Almost no one follows me. Did this three times in a row. Three times, while pleading for other Russians in the squad to attack I am team killed.

Germans vs Moe: 0
Russians vs Moe: 3

Ugh.... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0