• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Haha so many new funny guys.

I had a really funny experience on Spartanovka the other day. I was on the German team, we had just capped the gullies but a lot of people seemed to be bogged down by machine gun fire coming from the church. 3 guys, all between levels 1 and 10, were hiding behind the broken cart in front of the first spawn, directly in front of the church. I stood in front of them and just started spamming the attack command. At first they were a little apprehensive and just started moving closer to the cart to hide from all the fire, but then they all stood up and started following me around. We ended up capping the church a few minutes later. All the new guys were charging the church. It was nice seeing that. Some even started using their mics.

Encourage the new guys as much as you can and try to make their experience as enjoyable as possible. I've asked some of the new guys if they've been enjoying the game and they've said nothing but good things. This game deserves to have more players.

Upvote 0
I only played 3 hours of countdown yesterday on 2.Fjg CD server. (50-64 players; faaaar too much for CD). I got teamkilled endless times. Also in the most ridiculous situations. But I stayed calm and tried to explain the mode and teach players how to play it. Giving them advdces etc. pp.

Hopefully, after the free weekend, there are still players left for CD mode. I am not that positive but hope dies last.

Contrary, there were 2 dic*kheads on that called themselves "Vets", insulting new players, discouraging them with bad comments and all the other stuff that comes with it. Sad to see.

Guys with the attitude like this, or shown here by Rattler are the cancer of this community.

Upvote 0
And here comes the ego trip. Unless you were genuinely born a pro FPS player out of the womb, you were a noob at OstFront at one point.
Look man, I was playing tactical shooters long before RO. The Ghost Recon series, the SWAT series etc. So I was familiar with the core gameplay and the player roles. I didn't went for running and gunning like in CoD, how the current new comers are doing. They started with CoD so this is their basic gameplay style.

Guys with the attitude like this, or shown here by Rattler are the cancer of this community.

Said the pro :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still don't understand the hatred towards newer players.

Everyone was new to it at some point (Don't care if come from SWAT etc, as all games play differently)

Team kills happen overall and i had it done to me a lot on a Russian server last night, i just ignored them.

I have noticed a lot of the newer players do follow you if you are a higher rank and actually follow orders compared to some veterans on it.

One funny thing, i was called a noob by another veteran on the Bridges map, because i shot him (Long range, believed was German) As he was running to the location they all were.

Upvote 0
I don't think its a hatred of new players. Some do try to learn and that is great and I'm sure we support those players.

Unfortunately a majority of them are stubborn, unwilling to listen, shoot at anything that moves, never acknowledge their mistake, argue back when you try to give friendly advice, attempt to argue with veteran TLs and SLs.

I swear I played for a few hours yesterday and was tk'd two to three times as much as I was killed by the enemy. Only one apology.

Great for the new players and all if they buy the game, but eventually good riddance to those temp players only here to cause trouble with the free weekend.

Upvote 0
Look man, I was playing tactical shooters long before RO. The Ghost Recon series, the SWAT series etc. So I was familiar with the core gameplay and the player roles. I didn't went for running and gunning like in CoD, how the current new comers are doing. They started with CoD so this is their basic gameplay style.

As much as I hate Sensemann I think I'll agree with him and just point out that you're a pretty toxic player just from that statement alone. Be nice to the newbies and relish the fact that some of these newer players will stay and grow. In return, they'll provide life to the servers and help the community in various ways.

Upvote 0
Fight cancer with cancer is my motto, since politeness doesnt work on the average server that has never an admin on. I wont yell at them or call names, I merely use the tactic the sovjet commissars practised as well. With my sidearm. They'll stop their troll behavior soon enough. Or disconnect. Which is a win in both cases.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think its a hatred of new players. Some do try to learn and that is great and I'm sure we support those players.

Unfortunately a majority of them are stubborn, unwilling to listen, shoot at anything that moves, never acknowledge their mistake, argue back when you try to give friendly advice, attempt to argue with veteran TLs and SLs.

I swear I played for a few hours yesterday and was tk'd two to three times as much as I was killed by the enemy. Only one apology.

Great for the new players and all if they buy the game, but eventually good riddance to those temp players only here to cause trouble with the free weekend.

How do you even know most they're unwilling to listen or that they refuse to acknowledge their mistakes ? How do you even know a majority? You're just as bad as Rattler when it comes to **** like this.

Think of it from a truly new player's perspective; the grey (or is green?) versus red thing isn't intuitive and the uniforms differ depending on map; if you aren't playing action then you have virtually no identification and some times one pixel looks like another; if the combat pace is heavy then the text scrolls by and you can't even tell if you did make a blunder by friendly fire; a lot of situations newbies will be taking fire from all directions so it's hard to make out friend or foe especially when you could die in a split second - then have to run all the way back to the front (because not all newbies know how to consistently spawn on the squad leader and some times newbies are the squad leaders) so they're pretty prone to panic and error in judgment.

The game is deliberately designed to be not intuitive and that's part of its charm. Give these newbies more wiggle room and try to see things from their perspective. I think, and I am guessing here, most people like you don't really remember what it was like being a newbie since it was such a damn long time. Furthermore, let me point out that mentally most of you guys are focused on other issues that make it difficult to see things from a newbie's perspective. So it's kind of unfair.

Upvote 0
How do you even know most they're unwilling to listen or that they refuse to acknowledge their mistakes ? How do you even know a majority? You're just as bad as Rattler when it comes to **** like this.

Um, how do I know? Because I talked to them nicely over chat or text, offer suggestions and pointed out a few tips and had gotten rude responses from more than half of them. The rest either ignored me or started arguments with other players. Sure not all of them, some were actively asking questions etc and trying, but others were completely oblivious. Yes, I am aware of possible language differences too.

Think of it from a truly new player's perspective; the grey (or is green?) versus red thing isn't intuitive and the uniforms differ depending on map; if you aren't playing action then you have virtually no identification and some times one pixel looks like another; if the combat pace is heavy then the text scrolls by and you can't even tell if you did make a blunder by friendly fire; a lot of situations newbies will be taking fire from all directions so it's hard to make out friend or foe especially when you could die in a split second - then have to run all the way back to the front (because not all newbies know how to consistently spawn on the squad leader and some times newbies are the squad leaders) so they're pretty prone to panic and error in judgment.

The game is deliberately designed to be not intuitive and that's part of its charm. Give these newbies more wiggle room and try to see things from their perspective. I think, and I am guessing here, most people like you don't really remember what it was like being a newbie since it was such a damn long time. Furthermore, let me point out that mentally most of you guys are focused on other issues that make it difficult to see things from a newbie's perspective. So it's kind of unfair.

Yeah, I remember what it was like to be new so don't go making up stuff about me because you assume it. In fact, at times when I have tried to help I find I have a new Steam friend request from some of those players.

You are closed minded in that you think us veterans want to stay as a closed group and don't like new people. Seriously, do you really think we don't want other new players to keep the game going and expanding?

Upvote 0
Um, how do I know? Because I talked to them nicely over chat or text, offer suggestions and pointed out a few tips and had gotten rude responses from more than half of them. The rest either ignored me or started arguments with other players. Sure not all of them, some were actively asking questions etc and trying, but others were completely oblivious. Yes, I am aware of possible language differences too.

Sample size. When someone italicizes or marks something bold they generally wish to draw attention to it or it holds a unique meaning (or it's a foreign word etc.). What you mean to say is that most of the people you have encountered not most universally.

Yeah, I remember what it was like to be new so don't go making up stuff about me because you assume it. In fact, at times when I have tried to help I find I have a new Steam friend request from some of those players.

You obviously don't because you haven't even addressed a single point nor have you bothered refuting anything I have said. What does helping players and getting a friend request have anything to do with how the game is deliberately not intuitive?

And how am I making an assumption when your post blatantly makes it clear that you really don't understand how newbies think , react, and feel.

You are closed minded in that you think us veterans want to stay as a closed group and don't like new people. Seriously, do you really think we don't want other new players to keep the game going and expanding?

I am going to pretend that English isn't your first language because you obviously aren't reading what I am writing and responding to it but rather you are reacting then writing (you have all the time in the world to respond). Here's a clue: I never once said you veterans want to stay as a closed community, though certainly some of the veterans do (hey dimwit, I am a veteran too - look at my post history and date) but rather I am indirectly pointing out that your mentality - as presented by what you have strictly written - is not accurate for your goals in regards to newbies.

Do you understand what I am getting at? Should I spell it out clearly for you?

I am criticizing aspects of your mentality regarding newbies not your intentions. Your intentions are quite noble and are what veterans ought/should aspire to. The way you think about certain things however is inaccurate.

You know what? You need to read your own posts more often apparently because you even corrected yourself.

Upvote 0
Sample size. When someone italicizes or marks something bold they generally wish to draw attention to it or it holds a unique meaning (or it's a foreign word etc.). What you mean to say is that most of the people you have encountered not most universally.

You obviously don't because you haven't even addressed a single point nor have you bothered refuting anything I have said. What does helping players and getting a friend request have anything to do with how the game is deliberately not intuitive?

And how am I making an assumption when your post blatantly makes it clear that you really don't understand how newbies think , react, and feel.

I am going to pretend that English isn't your first language because you obviously aren't reading what I am writing and responding to it but rather you are reacting then writing (you have all the time in the world to respond). Here's a clue: I never once said you veterans want to stay as a closed community, though certainly some of the veterans do (hey dimwit, I am a veteran too - look at my post history and date) but rather I am indirectly pointing out that your mentality - as presented by what you have strictly written - is not accurate for your goals in regards to newbies.

Do you understand what I am getting at? Should I spell it out clearly for you?

I am criticizing aspects of your mentality regarding newbies not your intentions. Your intentions are quite noble and are what veterans ought/should aspire to. The way you think about certain things however is inaccurate.

You know what? You need to read your own posts more often apparently because you even corrected yourself.

Awe, you must think you are a big man because you use large type to try to get your point across. Good for you (pats Limz on the head :p )

Upvote 0

If you can't take the time to glance at the killfeed to see red or green after you kill someone because of "combat pace" you are probably not even capable of finding your way out of the spawn. It's an easy, basic skill in any FPS that is not unique to RO2 in any manner.

If you are dumb enough to shoot first, ask later on a consistent basis, you deserve what you get. Unintuitive? Is it too much to ask for people to ID what they shoot first? Even ignoring the ways to tell friend from foe, simple map common sense and basic logic will do MORE THAN FINE. If it shoots at you, kill it. If it doesn't, check to see what it is before killing it, because it's probably a friend.

I thought rule 1 was don't shoot friendlies. I mean, in any game with FF it's a pretty obvious rule of "don't shoot your friends".

It's an error in judgement and a lack of thought. It happens. What happens afterwards says more than TKing. A "sry" goes a long way. It isn't the game's fault people can't figure out someone isn't shooting back at them or not saying sorry.

Fortunately, the ones who don't want to actually learn are gone now, leaving the ones who at least give it a whirl.

Upvote 0