• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Griefing? In Ro2? Theres very few ways to grief within the game. There is only one reletevly powerful way to grief in the game and Im not going to say how to do it.

Why?

You may be a griefer.

This is not garrys mod or old minecraft, this game is not filled with 8 year olds throwing toilets into each others creations and spamming the mic.

Upvote 0
I've seen a couple teamkillers trying to grief.

Usually ends one of two ways.

A burst of 'friendly' submachine gun fire to the face in retribution.

Or they eventually get kicked for exceeding the TK limit.

Barring that, there are the silly people who try to play music over the voice comm, but if you know how to mute their mic, it's no big deal.

Red Orchestra is honestly a pretty hard game to grief in. At least now that you can't stand in a doorway blocking your entire team anymore :D.

Upvote 0
There's been really bad microphone griefing with music and whatnot, but there is also brilliant microphone griefing. One guy played the Call of Duty German Propaganda after we had cleaned the floor with the Allies on Grain Elevator and the usual 1 or 2 stragglers were hiding. The combined effect had most Axis and Allied players in hysterics.

I consider Allied players killing me with an MG-34 griefing but they're playing by the rules and it's perfectly fair. Get thee to classic mode, I hear you shout. Fair Enough.

Everyone thought this other guy, who was shouting in his best "Hollywood Japanese accent" was a griefer. I thought he sounded like the Shogun 2 guy and honestly, it was fairly authentic dialogue and he really pumped me and a few other guys up to win the match (which we did!) but there were a few who very vocally thought he was awful. I respectfully disagree and we lost after he got kicked...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everyone thought this other guy, who was shouting in his best "Hollywood Japanese accent" was a griefer. I thought he sounded like the Shogun 2 guy and honestly, it was fairly authentic dialogue and he really pumped me and a few other guys up to win the match (which we did!)
I love it when people do this.

Upvote 0
There's been really bad microphone griefing with music and whatnot, but there is also brilliant microphone griefing. One guy played the Call of Duty German Propaganda after we had cleaned the floor with the Allies on Grain Elevator and the usual 1 or 2 stragglers were hiding. The combined effect had most Axis and Allied players in hysterics.

I consider Allied players killing me with an MG-34 griefing but they're playing by the rules and it's perfectly fair. Get thee to classic mode, I hear you shout. Fair Enough.

Everyone thought this other guy, who was shouting in his best "Hollywood Japanese accent" was a griefer. I thought he sounded like the Shogun 2 guy and honestly, it was fairly authentic dialogue and he really pumped me and a few other guys up to win the match (which we did!) but there were a few who very vocally thought he was awful. I respectfully disagree and we lost after he got kicked...

Hey, if the game is already won/lost, or if the aspiring voice actor doesn't interfere with actual communication, I have no problems with it!

Upvote 0
I love it when people do this.

Gets extremely annoying after the 1,000,000th time.

I can only hear "DISHONOR YOUR FAMIRU" so many times before I put my head in the wall.
Same goes for the allies "'MERICA!" and german flamboyant accents.

Not too much to hear from the Soviets. I guess there isn't as much material to work with.

The real griefing that occurs is when you tell a TL or SL to change roles because they are terrible, and refuse to do so only to spam how 'good' they are at the game.
Same goes for the people calling them out; get killed on spawn or do 1 bad arty strike and the complaints come out of the woodwork.

But hey, at least we don't have the 10-year olds telling us facts about our mothers.

Upvote 0
I know there are occasional griefers out there, but seriously, what servers is this happening on and if it happens that much, why are you still playing on those servers? If you keep playing on those servers and the problem is still there, you have no one to blame but yourself.

There are a few popular servers that I completely avoid because of this juvenile behavior and no admins anywhere to be found.

Upvote 0
Please please give us more people playing Nazi/Soviet music over the mic!! don't the Hardcore guys playing this game love it! I Loved the dude with the surrender (from COD I think) on Fallenfighters once, and a dude playing Soviet music on Pavlovs last month, and the the guy playing Nazi march music or Hitler speeches. It either Spurs you on to Victory.. or Makes you more determined to kill the buggers!! Fun stuff.. :)

Upvote 0
Griefing

there alot more griefing than most people know going on .
take this one english sever
7 or 8 Friends run it
alot people play on it
what they do is make videos of how great they are
5 or 6 play on one team and the other 2 or 3 play on the other team
taking the key positions like TL SL and tanker
then roll the other team
it funny
oh if your good and take a key role
they want you will get kicked for no reason
oh they on utube

Upvote 0
I was on a server yesterday where enemy TL was voted for kick because of griefing... why? because he was dropping arty on them! The vote failed, but some folk can't handle a tough round.

Don't get me wrong, I was pretty frustrated too - but playing well is not griefing, albeit there was a total team-stack going on and I was trying to assault bridges with inexperienced allies.

Next round I jumped on as TL (one of those servers where Bridges keeps getting voted for) and started planting arty back at the defenders - suddenly the whingers were asking for arty support all the time, possibly never played with half decent leadership before (don't get me wrong, I can be OK, but other folk are way better than me). We scraped a win on points and a multitude of German fanbois left the server - oh so sweet when that happens.

Upvote 0
As I sometimes when I am in good mood, playing Marlene Dietrich or something in this way for a minute.....but yesterday was really terrible.

I believe it was the Metagamer server or something like this, on Commissars House some idiot, named "Eric the midget", played all the time stupid songs.
Indian songs, arabic songs, trash trance music and some other immersion killers....about 15 minutes....wtf :(

Upvote 0