• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade Discussion (Merged About 3000 Times)

Harry S. Truman said:
I just read some statistics that the Germans made 88.65 MILLION hand grenades during the war!!!!! During the most intense combat during August/September 1944, the army was using 198 grenades per minute. HOLY CRAP!! :eek:

Hmm, let's say that while playing a standard RO map 100 German players respawn during a map. All of them throw their both nades. A map lasts 15 min, so we have a rate of 13 nades per minute on a standard RO map (only counting Axis side). That means you only need 15 full servers with people playing RO to simulate the real nade usage of the German army during WW2. :D

Upvote 0
Grenade Discussion (Merged About 3000 Times)

The Germans had more nades than the Stg39 (sticknade) look here:
http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://earth.endless.ne.jp/users/mac0115/tamagohand43.JPG&imgrefurl=http://earth.endless.ne.jp/users/mac0115/doitugunn29.html&h=379&w=240&sz=16&hl=de&start=15&tbnid=GpNXUH3_ssqB1M:&tbnh=119&tbnw=75&prev=/images%3Fq%3Deierhandgranate%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Dde%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG
and there is one more "eierhandgranate, but it isnt posted here
would be cool if you add it, with the option that you can choose wich one you want, like the guns

Upvote 0
As has been said , it's not the number of grenades available , it's simply how they are used.

I too am tired of grenade spamming and have been killed many times by the damn things..the only problem being they quit often thrown by team mates simply because they had them to throw and were using them like an artillery barrage to "clear the area ahead" which is where I happened to be.

Sometimes so help me god I feel like acting like an officer and punishing the careless users with a boot from the server (IRL they'd probably be executed for murder anyway):mad:

A well placed grenade is a thing to behold (if you're not on the opposing team) :eek::D but these are few and far between.

Must just be the maturity level of the player and the style of gameplay they bring to RO from other FPS they've played (think DoD with FF=OFF for example).

Just have to live with the frustration I guess. :cool:

Upvote 0
SasQuatch said:
Since you've been 'talking' about it for 3 years and since you seem to be convinced MANY agree with you, I suggest you pick up learning how to write mutators for the next 3 years or find someone in your 'camp' to make it for you and make sure servers are running it.
The team does not agree with your point of view. So pick up where we 'fail' and improve it yourself, thats the whole reason the game is moddable.

End of story.

The team gave you a SDK for a reason, if you care so much make a mutator just as in the mod days.

Upvote 0
Munk Polkadot said:
I agree nades should be limited.
Imo, the best solution to limit nade spam was in the map Jucha back in the mod. Only the riflemen spawned with 2 nades each and the others get nothing. Since the bolters tend to get outgunned by the SMGs, semi-autos, and MGs, giving them the nades makes sense. There's a reason why Jucha is considered one of the best RO maps ever. Without the unrealistic nade spam the flow and gameplay of the map was just beautiful. I think it would be an excellent (but by no means the only) solution. I'd be interested in what others think of this...

it was a good idea. Only problem. totally unrealistic and not usefull realy.

If you face it, then why do you give nades, in citiy fight, those troops, that are in role to engage the enemy on midle/far distances ! Assault troops where usualy those troops that got nades. Soviets and germans, both in urban fighting, have give one soldier, following there group somethimes a bag, full with nothing more then nades, to throw in evry room before entering. It was a tactic often used in small room-to-room fights. I always found it strange on jucha, that those troups you think, have the highest possibilties to get in to a close combat fight ... get no grenades ... while them that anyway kill there enemy usualy on distances you cant throw a grenade anymore, have them ... restriction to grenades, yes. But please in a realistic way, giving them, to the assault troops only (at least in maps like Odessa, Stalingrad Kessel etc.)

Upvote 0
Grenade Damage

Grenade Damage

I dont think theres a huge problem with grenades, but to ensure their used properly I would suggest that when you spawn your given a random amount of grenades. Theres a random chance you would get 0-2 or 1-2 grenades. Lets say you used one in your previous battle and havent been resuplied?

The other thing I wanted to adress under this topic is the damage from grenades, the way it is right now (if im not mistaken) is that if your within a certain distance from a grenade you get killed and if your not you shake it off or get kind of shell shocked. What my suggestion is (and if its possible) would be to make a certain percent chance depending on the distance you are from the grenade to take a fatal wound. Grenades (especially fragmentation grenades) were highly unpredictable. You could have a grenade go off 10 feet from you and be lucky enough to have all of bits of metal flying at you miss, but you could also be unlucky enough to have one hit you in the neck from lets say 30 or more feet.

Upvote 0
Diving on Grenades

Diving on Grenades

Very simple, you see a grenade come over your head into the centre of a fox hole you and 2 team mates are sharing so you dive onto it, same way you dive to the ground if come under fire, and absorb the impact saving there lives.

It happens a hell of alot and there is not much point in running ( indoors yes but out doors....) since a experienced soldier will always cook it for a second or so, I guess you can always try. Not to sure if this would be dificult to implement in the game.

Luther

Upvote 0