• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Good bye to Red Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for NA the statement is true. Try to play in the morning EU time and you only find 2 Danzig 1 KrivoiRog and a Arad servers. But its not in the hands of the EU players to pimp RO US servers, because...we sleep.:D

During the times i play i find enough servers to be crowded and sometimes there is good communication going on. Still love RO and play too much. But i see that if you played it from mod days on... you need something diffrent to be excited again. Mod days are GONE..they wont come back. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I have never played on a Clan; but I remember (I didn't play RO when it was a Mod for the game Flashpoint) almost a year ago when I first started to play, in late January or February, 2007, when there were a lot of people playing it, there were also a few Teamkilling jerks who were playing too.

If you got some jerk on the map who was a Teamkiller, it would spoil the entire server for everyone, and it seems like at that time, there was no way to get rid of them, at least on some of the servers. I would have to disconnect and try another server.

Now, by and large, those type of people are basically completely gone and being able to ban those idiots was really a good thing.

Upvote 0
That is indeed a great list Speirs. Speaking of nostalgia, I remember one of the first times I played Orel, we had Karl_Stiner running the axis. By god we assembled 14 tanks into one big Kampfgruppe and steamrolled the buggers. Good times.

only 14? I take it there must have been some team tanking then.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Hamburgerphil
That is indeed a great list Speirs. Speaking of nostalgia, I remember one of the first times I played Orel, we had Karl_Stiner running the axis. By god we assembled 14 tanks into one big Kampfgruppe and steamrolled the buggers. Good times.

Hey remember HFW? how he used to swear at people who screwed up in his tank. GET OUT OF MY TANK- hahah lol those were better days
back then even those stupid clown cars stood no chance against us Germans with all those good players. I think they all left RO I never see them on any more ever.

Upvote 0
only 14? I take it there must have been some team tanking then.
i have lots of pictures of me team taking in big battle groups with loads of players:p:) in big battle groups and yes most of the time wanted guys to get a tank on there own so there would be many tanks in the battle group then when there tank got hit and knocked out i would tell them to bail our and get in the next tank next to them ;) its like spare tanks i have some picture of a long time ago of some of the battle groups i led :cool: also i have been in many Great battles with HFW he is one of the best tankers i ever seen when me and him get in a tiger we send the enemy to hell gift rapped :D heres some old battle group pictures http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot00379ci5.jpg http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot00404hg4.jpg http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot00405sq9.jpg http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot00478sq1.jpg http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot00535bp2.jpg

Upvote 0
and this is an very old picture from over a year ago of Hamburgerphil ;) telling me hes rushing the west field :p the good old days but they will be here again:) and i am going to make a video of the battles next time :cool: heres Phil http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot00413km1.jpg

Yeah. Me, playing Orel? Waaaaay back, summer of 2006 maybe, or even 2005. egads. I think I have some screens lying around of some Team Tigering with you in it Stiner, let me see if I can find them.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I remember when RO was still in its glory days. An age of 2Manny's and Sniper Group servers. I was 12 at the time.

It was the days of [-I-] and {CoreNA} dominating NA clans and rivaling each other, when cc// was just starting to play RO.

RTR's servers were the best. 24/7 Arad/Ogledow for the tankers and the awesome infantry server. Also, 2Manny's and Sniper Group were the hangouts too.

When one of the most awesome guys I know, Mein Teil, had his old =213= clan running strong.

A time when Lemur dominated the battlefield with his superior K98 skills and Amerikaner and Chambers were always right there to back him up.

******(looks like they blocked his name out but we all know who the ZB was) was still actually playing and not ****ting on everyone's servers.

A time when all I wanted was to get into CoreNA even though I sucked.

It makes me sad when I think of all those times. They were so good.

I can remember just pubbing and all there was NA clan guys on maps other than Danzig.
Jagermeister, MrPutz, meatsim, toiletduckie, Paulski , and all the rest before they became [TK] and were still [CiA/CoR].

Munk, Blaz, Monstar, and the rest from [-I-]

Gooseman, Mr.Kong, Lemur, Amerikaner, Chambers, Ender, Bloodnok, Sightburner, Totenkopf, Death to Pigs(after he left RTR), and the rest in {CoreNA}

Exitwounds, Redeye, Death To PIgs(when he was still with them), when lt.crazy was a private, and all the rest of the guys in <RTR>

Mein Teil, Deeival, Foogleman, Jaako, and all the rest in =213=

Alot, of you probably remember them and alot of you don't. Some still play, others don't.

Iron Crescendo when Lemur's pal MoFo still ran it. Xarchon and Koondrad ran the russians.

Santini led the Germans. That is where I met some of the coolest guys.

EvilHobo, Sichartshofen(Sichardt), himmelstoss, Gottenberg, ultraZ, Ramrod, Lobo, Vonreuter, SnaggyDuck, Hamburgerphil

Then my russian adversaries: Dheepan, Spyman8, Xarchon, Koolhan, Krull, BobCobb

The best of times man. the best.

I didn't play the mod but I hear from some of the guys that it was better than what I have experienced.(almost eveyone I play with was from the mod) I know I will miss RO. Hopefully a new game that TWI releases will be just as good as this was.

There were many others I didn't mention: Nebfer, Nimrod(known here as Nimsky), kapula, Crim who has become MIA(also know as {CoreNA}Sexcopter, the best roplayer ever), all the pT guys who have pwned me in servers over the years, Klaus, all the rest of the euro {Core}, Wasp from DBDUK, Pita, oh man just so many more.

Thank you for all the fun years guys. I really appreciate it.

Amen.

Also- doesn't Crim have a gf now or something?

EDIT: Just went through an old DLs folder, with relics from Mod days and ROOST: Maikop, Red Square, Entweichen (my favorite) Volga, Road to Berlin... *cries*

EDIT YET AGAIN: Installed UT2k4 and 3.3, I'm [re]addicted. It's been a while since I pulled out a C96 or an MG42 in the North Apartments in Berlin...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey remember HFW? how he used to swear at people who screwed up in his tank. GET OUT OF MY TANK- hahah lol those were better days
back then even those stupid clown cars stood no chance against us Germans with all those good players. I think they all left RO I never see them on any more ever.
I believe many German tankers have moved to LdG server, for example I see Tittenhelga there constantly.
I sometimes miss those good old days at FKR#3 server. But I was always on Soviet side, so I have my own nostalgia moments. I remember how Karl_Stiner sweared via public VoiP ("You've shot me right in the spawn!" or something like that), because we managed to encircle North Bridge - it was like a turkey shoot. :D
Good old days.. I miss them :(

Upvote 0
The only thing I really miss is the old [DBDUK]-server, configured like in the mod days. No death messages, even a black screen after death. And those crazy guys from [DBDUK]. How sad they had to change their server config and later even gave up there server...and that Wasp quitted playing. It was always funny to hear him swearing when I shot him.:D
Ah...why are there almost no servers featuring DM_none?

Upvote 0
Amen.

Also- doesn't Crim have a gf now or something?

EDIT: Just went through an old DLs folder, with relics from Mod days and ROOST: Maikop, Red Square, Entweichen (my favorite) Volga, Road to Berlin... *cries*

EDIT YET AGAIN: Installed UT2k4 and 3.3, I'm [re]addicted. It's been a while since I pulled out a C96 or an MG42 in the North Apartments in Berlin...

Could you upload Red Square (and maybe some other Mod Maps you can't find on Gamershell or at the Star Clan's page) to rapidshare or something and post the link here?

Upvote 0
I have to say mod was still a bit better , ahhh sweet memories of the BFE days taking screenshots of me bayoneting Limur , epic Soviet charges through bridges , trenches , forests etc. great leadership of Fyrom it will never be the same again quality of players went way down . RO lives on but I smell death slowly approaching.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.