• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Good bye to Red Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may play other games as well, but i will NEVER truly abandon RO.
It was the game that made multiplayer gaming worthwile to me, and since then i've never seen any other game that is quite like RO.
I never stick around that long with other games.
Enjoying the hell out of TF2 for example, played a very bit of DoD as well... but in the end, i allways turn them back in to come back to RO :)

Upvote 0
I unfortunately have to admit that I havent played RO in a few months...
Lets just say I hit a brick wall during the RO Nation Cup. (Sorry Team Canada for my terrible stay)

I tried jumping back in but... yea, 50 player danzig is not in my interest anymore.

However, I will NOT declare RO dead... How DARE YOU.
The incomming mods seem VERY interesting, after people enjoy those for a bit, I would expect some to jump back in RO for the good original memories.

It is a great game overall and I wont even consider taking it off my harddrive.

Upvote 0
Oh yes I went there. It seems My post is not the only one feeling the cold. No, I will never delete RO, it was always the excape from my wife and kids. And yes on the weekend you can find servers filled with Euro wanks;). Just joking, just that pings are high and for the most part I've just not been playing RO much anyhow. Used to be an everyday ordeal and all day on Mondays. I lived and dreamed RO. Really opened my eyes to another part of the war I really knew nothing about.

PermenentMarker- watch yourself, I carry white out~:D

Blacklabel- YEAH BACK ON TOP SON, you wanna test the waters? P.M. me brother for a 1 on 1.;)

Upvote 0
I dont much like the It's dead talk either especially when its coming from people who I know love RO
you cannot deny Ro is the best in its class , I think the problem is that people luv it too much & get burnt out on it
you should have several games take a break from it once in a while & come back
treating it like its past its prime & offers nothing more ,...I dont understand this
more content will come,....to me no other modern game offers what ro does
I played on a serv the other night that had like 50 maps to choose from ,...many were fresh & exciting...
as far as the playerbase ,...To me it just suffers from lack of marketing , they have done pretty good with content updates & that should continue ,or be handed over to those that will continue it ....I just disagree that the game has somehow been diminished because of the passsage of time , It will always be an epic & unmatched achievement in realistic gaming to me...

also I see quake 1 is still sold through steam & servers are still running it ,......just becasue something gets old doesnt mean its dead,.. it can make a comeback ....

Upvote 0
I remember when RO was still in its glory days. An age of 2Manny's and Sniper Group servers. I was 12 at the time.

It was the days of [-I-] and {CoreNA} dominating NA clans and rivaling each other, when cc// was just starting to play RO.

RTR's servers were the best. 24/7 Arad/Ogledow for the tankers and the awesome infantry server. Also, 2Manny's and Sniper Group were the hangouts too.

When one of the most awesome guys I know, Mein Teil, had his old =213= clan running strong.

A time when Lemur dominated the battlefield with his superior K98 skills and Amerikaner and Chambers were always right there to back him up.

******(looks like they blocked his name out but we all know who the ZB was) was still actually playing and not ****ting on everyone's servers.

A time when all I wanted was to get into CoreNA even though I sucked.

It makes me sad when I think of all those times. They were so good.

I can remember just pubbing and all there was NA clan guys on maps other than Danzig.
Jagermeister, MrPutz, meatsim, toiletduckie, Paulski , and all the rest before they became [TK] and were still [CiA/CoR].

Munk, Blaz, Monstar, and the rest from [-I-]

Gooseman, Mr.Kong, Lemur, Amerikaner, Chambers, Ender, Bloodnok, Sightburner, Totenkopf, Death to Pigs(after he left RTR), and the rest in {CoreNA}

Exitwounds, Redeye, Death To PIgs(when he was still with them), when lt.crazy was a private, and all the rest of the guys in <RTR>

Mein Teil, Deeival, Foogleman, Jaako, and all the rest in =213=

Alot, of you probably remember them and alot of you don't. Some still play, others don't.

Iron Crescendo when Lemur's pal MoFo still ran it. Xarchon and Koondrad ran the russians.

Santini led the Germans. That is where I met some of the coolest guys.

EvilHobo, Sichartshofen(Sichardt), himmelstoss, Gottenberg, ultraZ, Ramrod, Lobo, Vonreuter, SnaggyDuck, Hamburgerphil

Then my russian adversaries: Dheepan, Spyman8, Xarchon, Koolhan, Krull, BobCobb

The best of times man. the best.

I didn't play the mod but I hear from some of the guys that it was better than what I have experienced.(almost eveyone I play with was from the mod) I know I will miss RO. Hopefully a new game that TWI releases will be just as good as this was.

There were many others I didn't mention: Nebfer, Nimrod(known here as Nimsky), kapula, Crim who has become MIA(also know as {CoreNA}Sexcopter, the best roplayer ever), all the pT guys who have pwned me in servers over the years, Klaus, all the rest of the euro {Core}, Wasp from DBDUK, Pita, oh man just so many more.

Thank you for all the fun years guys. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd not go as far as to say RO is dead, that's definitely not true. It's just that after spending time on the Eastern Front since the early mod days, I think it's time for a change of scenery. Trading the cold snow for some hot deserts, and blue skies sounds good right about now. And I've been waiting for FH2's release since they finished up with FH 0.7 for BF1942.

Upvote 0
I remember when RO was still in its glory days. An age of 2Manny's and Sniper Group servers. I was 12 at the time.

It was the days of [-I-] and {CoreNA} dominating NA clans and rivaling each other, when cc// was just starting to play RO.

RTR's servers were the best. 24/7 Arad/Ogledow for the tankers and the awesome infantry server. Also, 2Manny's and Sniper Group were the hangouts too.

When one of the most awesome guys I know, Mein Teil, had his old =213= clan running strong.

A time when Lemur dominated the battlefield with his superior K98 skills and Amerikaner and Chambers were always right there to back him up.

******(looks like they blocked his name out but we all know who the ZB was) was still actually playing and not ****ting on everyone's servers.

A time when all I wanted was to get into CoreNA even though I sucked.

It makes me sad when I think of all those times. They were so good.

I can remember just pubbing and all there was NA clan guys on maps other than Danzig.
Jagermeister, MrPutz, meatsim, toiletduckie, Paulski , and all the rest before they became [TK] and were still [CiA/CoR].

Munk, Blaz, Monstar, and the rest from [-I-]

Gooseman, Mr.Kong, Lemur, Amerikaner, Chambers, Ender, Bloodnok, Sightburner, Totenkopf, Death to Pigs(after he left RTR), and the rest in {CoreNA}

Exitwounds, Redeye, Death To PIgs(when he was still with them), when lt.crazy was a private, and all the rest of the guys in <RTR>

Mein Teil, Deeival, Foogleman, Jaako, and all the rest in =213=

Alot, of you probably remember them and alot of you don't. Some still play, others don't.

Iron Crescendo when Lemur's pal MoFo still ran it. Xarchon and Koondrad ran the russians.

Santini led the Germans. That is where I met some of the coolest guys.

EvilHobo, Sichartshofen(Sichardt), himmelstoss, Gottenberg, ultraZ, Ramrod, Lobo, Vonreuter, SnaggyDuck, Hamburgerphil

Then my russian adversaries: Dheepan, Spyman8, Xarchon, Koolhan, Krull, BobCobb

The best of times man. the best.

I didn't play the mod but I hear from some of the guys that it was better than what I have experienced.(almost eveyone I play with was from the mod) I know I will miss RO. Hopefully a new game that TWI releases will be just as good as this was.

There were many others I didn't mention: Nebfer, Nimrod(known here as Nimsky), kapula, Crim who has become MIA(also know as {CoreNA}Sexcopter, the best roplayer ever), all the pT guys who have pwned me in servers over the years, Klaus, all the rest of the euro {Core}, Wasp from DBDUK, Pita, oh man just so many more.

Thank you for all the fun years guys. I really appreciate it.

That is indeed a great list Speirs. Speaking of nostalgia, I remember one of the first times I played Orel, we had Karl_Stiner running the axis. By god we assembled 14 tanks into one big Kampfgruppe and steamrolled the buggers. Good times.

Upvote 0
the battle is not over yet

the battle is not over yet

Guys as a long time player of FH1 mod :)all i can say is it was the best world war 2 game i have ever played then when RO came out, i was even more happy and i have met so many fantastic players, from all over the place so Many players have been fighting on my side and against me. ;) on the FKR server 3 if you every played on that server you will know it was a [SIZE=-1]Legend in tank combat but soon there will be Normandy and i must return to this game and fight again and the next 54 player server for DH will be a [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Legend, there is many new tanks :cool: also i am looking forward to winter tank battle maps of the bulge in DH mod , the battle is far from over HamburgerPhil [/SIZE]i am looking forward to [SIZE=-1]seeing ;)you, and yes soon the Panzers will roll again and we will have a very heavy battle group with many new tanks ;-) so you guys get ready for it ok
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good games

Good games

For me RO died already since 50 slot servers. After that update I noticed servers much less populated.

Every night starting about 10 pm EST you can find a good game with stock and custom maps in rotation and great team players from all clans and independent players, new and experienced at the {50pc} server; this was at 1:00 am EST Friday.

Shot00083.jpg

Upvote 0
don't expect to much from FH2, it's desert combat only. there is no way your gonna get the same level of intensity as in RO infantry combat.
prepare for it to be something like arad 24\7 with no ballistics whatsoever from what i understand, soldiers still run at 50 mph, recoil is close to inexistant and sound is crappy compared to RO. correct me if i am wrong, but its what i understand from their videos.

for me nothing changes if some players leave, the actual quality servers stay filled everytime i check. and it's hard to get in. maybe its a usa thing, cause at weekends i still see servers filled with members of the same clan.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.