• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Good bye to Red Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... couldn't find those particular screens, but I did manage to dig up these on an older computer:

Here's Stiner probably congratulating me on my gunnery:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7127/shot00038xl4.png

Here's an old scoreboard, the Tiger having clearly dominated it.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3246/shot00042gk6.png

Here's me Stiner and XERXES!? (where has that guy been?)

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3910/shot00044mm0.png
Great Phil;):) i wounder what happen to that guy Happylooser he was a good player also 4/141 Xerxes he was good also, he went off to play some mod but he said he will come back for Normandy both off them come from Germany ;) and W

Upvote 0
I believe many German tankers have moved to LdG server, for example I see Tittenhelga there constantly.
I sometimes miss those good old days at FKR#3 server. But I was always on Soviet side, so I have my own nostalgia moments. I remember how Karl_Stiner sweared via public VoiP ("You've shot me right in the spawn!" or something like that), because we managed to encircle North Bridge - it was like a turkey shoot. :D
Good old days.. I miss them :(
yes i Remember that :p there was a T34 Right outside the German Spawn:p i never shot enemy tanks in there spawn i always let them come out on to the Field and them fight them many times i been in a Tiger with Tittenhelga he was a good player but we had a Argument:eek: i been on his server a few times under a other name ;-) also Tommy tanker and Timmy tanker i wounder where they gone also and OIOIOI

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't play RO for a few months but I will come back for the DH mod. Most of the maps ,even those custom maps are being played too much.......
Never heard about the FH2 mod for BF2 before reading this thread . I checked the website and watched some video of that mod , I think I might buy a copy of BF2 for that mod because The vehicle of FH2 is amazing!

Upvote 0
I haven't play RO for a few months but I will come back for the DH mod. Most of the maps ,even those custom maps are being played too much.......
Never heard about the FH2 mod for BF2 before reading this thread . I checked the website and watched some video of that mod , I think I might buy a copy of BF2 for that mod because The vehicle of FH2 is amazing!
yes FH2 will be fantastic:) and i am going to play it also, but i Must say in FH1 there was never a Jagdtiger but i am still going to play this DH Mod as the tank battles are the best you can still play both Mods a few days a week like i am ;) you wont need anymore world war 2 mods they will never be better then these 2 FH2 and DH Mod :cool:

Upvote 0
man i just counted 557 players online this verry moment. even at noon in weekdays there are plenty of servers to pick from, just as usual.
RO is the only online game i have ever played where i never had trouble finding good populated servers. in COD2 you had like 200 populated servers, but once filtered you would be lucky to have 1 good populated server.

Upvote 0
I have to say mod was still a bit better , ahhh sweet memories of the BFE days taking screenshots of me bayoneting Limur , epic Soviet charges through bridges , trenches , forests etc. great leadership of Fyrom it will never be the same again quality of players went way down . RO lives on but I smell death slowly approaching.

Hey Vympel if you ever want to play with Lemur, PM me and I can get you the vent info we play on. Lemur and I play games every night.

Upvote 0
orly.gif

Upvote 0
I just finished up with my studies and was planning on getting back into RO (for the second or third time).

All this talk about RO is dead and nostalgia is kind of depressing. I'm really looking forward to the mods and the eventual release of RO2. Hope to see you old fogies on the battlefield.

BTW: People complained when RO went retail, and exploded from a small community. Now that RO is going back to a smaller community, people are complaining again. Each has it's own positives and negatives. At least you get to know the people you play with again, like back in the mod days.

Upvote 0
I just finished up with my studies and was planning on getting back into RO (for the second or third time).

All this talk about RO is dead and nostalgia is kind of depressing. I'm really looking forward to the mods and the eventual release of RO2. Hope to see you old fogies on the battlefield.

BTW: People complained when RO went retail, and exploded from a small community. Now that RO is going back to a smaller community, people are complaining again. Each has it's own positives and negatives. At least you get to know the people you play with again, like back in the mod days.

Bro, RO is far from being dead...the only people who have left are the trend hoppers, that's it. You know the run and gunners, and the ones who do not play as a team or use VOIP.

They may have moved onto the newest trend, I say so what! To them I say, go away. Please remove RO from you hard drive and do not bother us any more. Just leave, and go play COD4, Crysis, or whatever is the latest flash in the pan. In fact there is more than enough people paying right now. I never have a problem finding a packed server whenever I want to play.

Right now, I am having the best games I have played in a loooonnng time. The only ones playing now are the true fans and supporters. I have news for you. When RO2 comes out, I will still be playing good old RO. You can't beat the gameplay, number of maps, and the community. But then again, I am still playing OGR, and OFP (which has a thriving community despite being over 6 years old) ala FFUR 2007 2.5, even though I can run GRAW (1&2)/ArmA on high.

See you on the battlefield!!!!

Upvote 0
You know I'm not just some guy who picked up RO off the shelf at the local store. I have been around since the mod. I dont even remember the what update maybe 3.0.. I have put alot into the game for myself and others. I have also lost faith in the game and made a really stupid post of it. Boy I really tought FH2 was going to be the game of all ww2 game killers. Yes I bought BF2 2 yrs ago just for FH2. FH2 was a complete let down. The skins are awesome and to use cannons, mortors and aircraft WOW just WOW. Bunny hopping is still the same and for christ sake, you attach a bayonet and the gun will not shoot only stab. LOL talk about weak.
I am sorry to all who wasted their time reading my thread and I do admit it was a mistake. FH2 is only good for a break from RO. Flying the planes is fun that is about it. For me there is not an end to RO but a rebirth to what I do love to play in my free time. When I get out of my cell for 1 hour I try to rip it up. Long live RO and all that comes from it.
Oh speaking of RO Mod, I had a dream last night about me shooting a deer with my bow. Then it jumps to hanging at a friends house playing the MOD. It was strange there was still servers up and about 40 ppl playing it.
DOES ANYONE HAVE IT INSTALLED STILL? ARE THERE SERVERS UP? DO PPL PLAY IT? WE HAVE TO HAVE A MOD NIGHT IF SO!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.