• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Global Stats Reset

Global Stats Reset

• Yes

Votes: 718 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 235 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you know I never had any interest in achievements or stats.. But having broken ones seems to have done two things..

I now want to know how they work so I can see my performance correctly

And secondly its just annoying the hell out of me looking at stats I didnt earn and realising I have had some of the suprises already.

Upvote 0
If they reset the stats, I sure wouldn't bother playing this game enough to ever reach the level of unlocks the game randomly granted me the other day. It was nice to see a few of the better weapon mods, but I hate that they're so locked away to begin with and the unlock system isn't very appealing or exciting in its implementation anyway.

I don't think I'd really care either way, as, even though I did get some unlocks thanks to the bug, I still haven't bothered to play in a few days, so even unlocks didn't entice me to keep playing at this time. And it's only going to get worse with all the great FPS releases coming over the next few weeks.

Upvote 0
Maybe it would be acceptable to start over if it didn't take 1000+ kills on every weapon to even get the basic level 25 upgrade.

I'm quite happy with having nearly all unlocks right now, but even the thought of having to grind the PPSH for 4 weeks straight in order to get the drum is turning me off from playing.

You got it in one week, when it should take at least 4, and that's a reason NOT to do a reset?

TWI wanted their leveling system to last a very long time, to continue to enhance the player experience for those who played a lot of RO2. In KF, they didn't manage to make a system which lasted longer than 3 months for the most hardcore players, if that.

So bring on the stat reset. I'd be interested to see how many people who aren't in favor of a reset bill themselves as realism fans...because the easiest solution to getting rid of MKB42s right now is a stat reset for much fewer people can use them for weeks to come.

Upvote 0
I'd at least like my own stats reset. Right now I got pretty much everything unlocked because I shot a guy in the head and then died, suddently I was max level in pretty much everything, don't want that, I want to slowly fight my way there if anything. But it wouldn't be much fun if everyone else didn't have their stats reset and had max levels, you'd feel a bit.. left out.

My suggestion is to reset the stats for everyone, but allow people to choose one or two weapons and classes with a slightly higher level, for those who had actually gotten quite far in their leveling.

Or you could give current players a slightly higher level in all weapons/classes.

Upvote 0
I'd at least like my own stats reset. Right now I got pretty much everything unlocked because I shot a guy in the head and then died, suddently I was max level in pretty much everything, don't want that, I want to slowly fight my way there if anything. But it wouldn't be much fun if everyone else didn't have their stats reset and had max levels, you'd feel a bit.. left out.

My suggestion is to reset the stats for everyone, but allow people to choose one or two weapons and classes with a slightly higher level, for those who had actually gotten quite far in their leveling.

Or you could give current players a slightly higher level in all weapons/classes.

Only problem is...how do you know who has actually gotten what? I doubt they have to tell that otherwise this would be an easy situation (just give everyone everything they actually have worked for)

Just gotta wait till they fix the problem, then I'm sure they'll make the right decision. For those who wanted to work for something that was given to them (aka instant rank 70 and such) I think it is going to be imperative to have a reset of some sort. I'm stuck at rank 6 but I wouldn't mind having to play catch up as long as I can indeed catch up personally.

Upvote 0
Only problem is...how do you know who has actually gotten what? I doubt they have to tell that otherwise this would be an easy situation (just give everyone everything they actually have worked for)

Just gotta wait till they fix the problem, then I'm sure they'll make the right decision. For those who wanted to work for something that was given to them (aka instant rank 70 and such) I think it is going to be imperative to have a reset of some sort. I'm stuck at rank 6 but I wouldn't mind having to play catch up as long as I can indeed catch up personally.

Yeah, I know, that's the problem, that's why I thought that a slight stat-boost would be in order. say.. level 5 or 10 or something for some classes/weapons for everyone. But a full reset would be fine by me.

As long as I get to keep my bayonet.

Upvote 0
Most logical thing to do would be reset everyone's stats to default. (or offer some sort of way to reset stats, but get some bonus exp in one form or another)

Best way to keep people happy would probably be an optional reset based on player preference, so people who want to work their way up can do so, and people who simply want to stick with what they currently have can do so.

Upvote 0
lol
if stats are not reset what is the point of keeping them? They are all wrong and those who say I earned this or that should just accept it as it is the only way. You are a minority and I actually doubt that there is a single player in the game with correct stats and more than 5 h in-game.

I am level 72 or so but I do not want to be what I haven't earned. I think my G41 stats are almost correct and I just unlocked the bayonet but do I want to keep it? Of course not...reset me and provide a full unlock server for those who cry out...achievement without effort!? Reminds me of the London riots...seems like those who are against a reset...

Last edited:
Upvote 0