• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Global Stats Reset

Global Stats Reset

• Yes

Votes: 718 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 235 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
right, i was happely fragging with my G41 allmost reached level 6 and had a honor rank of 15 enjoying myself and stuff.

round ends, YES a level upgrade for my G41 it's now level 25... omg wait whut, check profile honor rank 71, bunch of achievments and a lot of weapons trained i never even touched... no fair i want to do that myself not leech it of someone else :(

Upvote 0
After playing Gears of War 3 for a few days now, I must admit I quite enjoy the way stats are handled in the game. Basically, they unlock nothing more than cosmetic upgrades to flaunt over lesser players. Sort of like TF2 hats but with gaudy weapon paint jobs and player skins instead of hats.

No change to the gameplay except the massive amounts of jelly when you carve someone up with your gold plated assault rifle.

Still, having cosmetic upgrades for your soldiers would be preferable to direct gameplay upgrades. Access to more hats, or more varied uniforms, or customized weapon appearances (not gold plated, gods no, but a basic camo wrap or something) would help experienced players stand apart from the crowd without giving them significant gameplay advantages.

Upvote 0
i want a stat reset cause i want to earn those stats for the weapons myself. On the other side, i hate the k/d ratio cause i feel like i a have to preserve my k/d ratio instead of doing something risky that might cause my side to win the map. I have a 9k to 2.5k kill ratio because of the stats bug, so i don't have to worry about my k/d ratio going below 1.00 anytime soon.

Upvote 0
Did anyone think about how long it actually takes to get the unlocks legitimately?

Let's say I want to unlock the double drum mag for the MG-34. I'm currently sitting at level 1 with a total of 55 kills and 8 left to lvl 2. As evident by the DP-28, which for me is at lvl 3 (apparently I play Allies more than Axis) with a total of 86 kills and 52 left to lvl 4, the progression isn't linear, but let's assume you need 80 kills on average for each level up to level 25 (probably a low estimate).

Now let's assume I get around 20 kills per match (not a very impressive number but it'd put me near the top of the scoreboard on the servers I play on). I'd have to play 100 matches to get to lvl 25.

Not saying I'm jelly but it makes me wonder how people can vote for no reset when 80%+ are running around with everything unlocked after the first week.

Upvote 0
No offense to TWI, but we can't base our judgments on that solely by what they're saying they "hope" for. In KF they completely mis-judged it, and even looking at the raw XP values in Ro2 and doing some quick math doesn't always help, because of all the unknowns. And there are so many layers of "maxing stuff out" based on honor, kills and other things....yeah.

So while I'd like to believe it should take a solid 3 months of 24-7 MVP gaming (the unrealistic high water mark)....I can't in good conscience until I play the system as it should be running.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I meant that everyone gets stats and level up independently of how they actually play the game. You don't "achieve" anything, but people think they should be rewarded for simply playing the game

Ah, now I get it. I've played almost exclusively rifleman, and got that up to level 27 the hard way, game after game. But, I got to level 2 in other classes when I barely played them. I really think an overall reset is necessary, even if it costs me the 27 levels of grind.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I hate that word. "Grinding".

The levelup system in RO2 is all about giving you little rewards for just playing the game like it should be played.

Before I glitched, I enjoyed the little "level up" notifications off to the side, but they weren't the focus of gameplay. Just something added on that was nice.

I really hope they make the unlocks optional so you can switch back and forth. I thought they were supposed to be side-grades. Like MP4 II reloads slower and doesn't have more total ammo. PPSH drum mag should be default and reload slower :)

Upvote 0