• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF [GameType] Trials mod

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
This is a silly mod inspired by Trials in UT2004. It features objectives you have to go through, record speed runs, rankings based on speed runs, double/multi jumping support and dodging/walldodging support.
By interface it is slightly like UT2004 Assault.

Download from here (v1.0)
Source codes from here

To launch this game, you either select "Trials game mode" from new game menu or use "?Game=TrialsMod.TrialGame" in URL.

Here are couple of maps based on this game mode already made:
==================================================
TR-Tutorial

A tutorial and a sample map of how trials works.
Features 4 trials you have to pass.
TR-PowerGenerator-M

A map originally made by Lethal-Vortex (for Doom game type), which I simply ported to this game type.
Notice: This map requires DoomPawnsKF.u, which can be downloaded from here: forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36983
Also CoolMusic:
www.klankaos.com/downloads/KFCoolMusic.7z
TR-Sulferon

Not really a trial map, just a combat map where you defend a desert fortress from lots of monsters (enemies that are mostly known from Unreal 1).
New enemy classes are found in KF_Invasion.u, feel free to use them outside of this map.
TR-BeatTrials

A map inspired by a level from Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Beat block galaxy). Sound effects are from SMG2, and music itself is from Super Mario 3D World.
You have to make past cubes that swap their solidity.

I've made a video of this map:

I may post a mapping tutorial for this game mode later.
And I do take requests for more features to this game mode.

Last edited:
Thanks alot for releasing this!
Have been waiting for the unreal monsters:)

Monsters spawn codes:

KF_Invasion.KFI_Bird
KF_Invasion.KFI_Boy
KF_Invasion.KFI_Brute
KF_Invasion.KFI_GasBag
KF_Invasion.KFI_LilBoy
KF_Invasion.KFI_MegaWarlord
KF_Invasion.KFI_Skaarj
KF_Invasion.KFI_SkaarjMetal
KF_Invasion.KFI_SkaarjPupae
KF_Invasion.KFI_SkaarjTrooper
KF_Invasion.KFI_Troll
KF_Invasion.KFI_UBoy
KF_Invasion.KFI_Warlord

I think these are all right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I loved Beat Block Galaxy, I recognized the blocks instantly from it! I'll definitely see if I can make something for this!

Well done, Marco!

Edit:
Got home and tried it out. Plays really well! Do you think you could add in a checkpoint system? It would make longer maps much more playable.

Another thing that comes to mind is the possibility of putting the ability to use the Impact Hammer on a BeatBlock map? I was trying to summon it to no avail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TR-PowerGenerator-M wants a package called CoolMusic, anyone knows where its from ?
Oh geez, it's that amazing huge "music" package Lethal Vortex used, I added download link to that on the first post.

Got home and tried it out. Plays really well! Do you think you could add in a checkpoint system? It would make longer maps much more playable.

Another thing that comes to mind is the possibility of putting the ability to use the Impact Hammer on a BeatBlock map? I was trying to summon it to no avail.
Well for checkpoint system, you can use Teleporters to throw you back, although I guess it would be more useful if I made a teleporter volume actor for better choice of shape.

Impact Hammer wouldn't fit in my beat block map as it would enable cheating, it was designed to be beatable with double and triple jumps (aswell as using dodge moves).
But you can summon it with TrialsMod.ImpactHammerPickup

Upvote 0