• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game shows no servers and all experience points are 0

My internet works fine and I played earlier today but now for no reason Ro 2/RS shows 0 servers in multiplayer and all experience points are 0,I did system restore but it didn't help wtf is going on I didn't change anything and did no windows updates since last time I played.

Last edited:
Me too. This happened to me once before and it fixed itself. Not sure what the problem is though...

EDIT: This ended up being related to Steam not being online. Not sure why Steam wasn't connecting at login, but when I manually "went online," it fixed the problem.

Some kind of heads up warning in the game would be nice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes same reason for my issue there steam was offline stupid steam:mad:,ok issue fixed:D
Me too. This happened to me once before and it fixed itself. Not sure what the problem is though...

EDIT: This ended up being related to Steam not being online. Not sure why Steam wasn't connecting at login, but when I manually "went online," it fixed the problem.

Some kind of heads up warning in the game would be nice.

Upvote 0
Sorry man, but if the game is connecting to Steam to get its list of servers and profile stats, or at the very least that it requires something from Steam (validation, etc.), and you can assume it is if that data is unavailable when you're not logged into steam, then the game can check to see whether that data is being retrieved, and if not, put up a simple "Steam is offline" message instead of a blank list. It's pretty simple programming stuff. I do it for a living. Tripwire just didn't get around to doing that because it's an edge case, and it's not a big issue.

It's also not a big issue for me, just trying to save the few people with the problem in the future some grief. Anyway, moving on...

Upvote 0
This happens from time to time with any game on Steam when your Steam on your system does not connect to the Steam Cloud, for whatever reason.

Any game that stores your game records on the Steam Cloud and doesn't connect or loses connection will appear to have all your records and stats reset. Other times it gets an incomplete connection and you can end up with a screwy record.

Sometimes in RO2 I get a blank record as if I just started out..... in Chivalry, I have had a bad connection to the Cloud once and showed that I had weapons I unlocked Locked, yet some weapons I never unlocked Unlocked.

If you restart steam that usually fixes the issue.

Sometimes you may have to restart your computer to reboot your computer's internet connection with the modem for it to get fixed.

Other times you just have to wait for Steam to sort itself out which can take an hour to a day some times.

As for complaining about not getting a message about Steam not connecting when you try to play.... I don't see what the big deal is. Your stats look reset, some maps or all maps don't show up.... OBVIOUSLY there's a problem with Steam's connection.

This has been happening since Steam was released. It's gotten better over the years, but it still happens.

Upvote 0
As for complaining about not getting a message about Steam not connecting when you try to play.... I don't see what the big deal is. Your stats look reset, some maps or all maps don't show up.... OBVIOUSLY there's a problem with Steam's connection.

All I'm saying is, to someone who doesn't know about all the Steam integration stuff you just explained (which I assume is most people), the game just looks broken. I really don't care, personally. Now that I know what the issue is, I could really care less if they fix it. I bring it up because it seems like the devs might want to fix a game-state that looks broken to save themselves and the players some hassle. Just put up a freakin' message "Steam ain't workin!" and be done with it.

Upvote 0
The steam API for UE3 isn't the best there is. As a game you don't ask steam if it's there. Instead you register a couple of deligates. The steam engine will then call those deligates as soon as it has data ready for you. In other words the game (in this case RO2) is passive as long as the steam engine does not pass any details to you. The only way to work around this is to define a timespan in which you expect steam to react. If nothing is received within that time, then you might assume that the steam server is offline.

Upvote 0