• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Future Female Character Ideas?

What I'm sensing from this thread now is that instead of making the female characters totally new in design altogether, what people want is basically female counterparts to professions already in game, is that correct?

I quite like the sound of that anyway. Female soldier, riot cop, paramedic, church person, office lady, maybe a metal worker/engineer?

Ooh, I can daydream about what they'll look like all day.

Upvote 0
I still reckon I;d like something like this for female skins:

Spoiler!

Soldier, Police Officer, the Traders better looking sister, and either a goth or a punk. I think thats a fairly well rounded character pack :)

EDIT: Just so you know there is no pun intended there :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still reckon I;d like something like this for female skins:

Spoiler!

Soldier, Police Officer, the Traders better looking sister, and either a goth or a punk. I think thats a fairly well rounded character pack :)

and we have a winner.

Although Benoix does raise a good point about how we obviously need legs now that female characters are canon. Those threads were good times.

Upvote 0
Starting with one skin suitable to each perk would be good.
I'm at a loss for any ideas for female firebug/demo skins, though. Another EOD and HAZMAT suit wouldn't be very feminine, but then again I guess it doesn't need to be, and things more subtle than that wouldn't be very thematic of the perk.

The Queen would make a great reward skin. Maybe for "The Completely Suicidal War," if there aren't going to be any fitting game events soon.

Upvote 0
They have actually, once or twice. Some frivolous protesting about the game encouraging violence against women.

These kind of protests always make me laugh. Surely it is sexist to say "Fighting women is wrong, so therefore none of the opposition can be women. Fighting men however is fine". It's like Resident Evil 5 coming under fire for being racist when the protagonist goes up against a load of black zombies. They are in Africa... what the hell do you expect?

Violence shouldn't be encouraged period. I have taken umbridge with people before who say "You shouldn't hit a woman". In my mind you shouldn't hit anyone period, however if you are drawn into a position where you have to fight back, the persons gender doesn't make a blinds eye bit of difference.

If that man, woman or child has no regard for my safety and well being, and is actually causing me harm, then I am not gonna have any regard for theirs. Far as I'm concerned it is sexist NOT to hit someone purely on the basis they are a girl.

Anyway back on track, don't think the legs idea is even possible on unreal 2.5 is it? Given we can't even have different hand models I severely doubt legs can be thrown into the mix xD

Upvote 0
Anyway back on track, don't think the legs idea is even possible on unreal 2.5 is it? Given we can't even have different hand models I severely doubt legs can be thrown into the mix xD
There seems to be a lot of misconceptions about Unreal Engine here, especially how it works and its capabilities. UE is one of the most flexible and capable engines out there, you can have different hand models and legs, it's just a matter of using the available code or adding your own. Memory and other resources are a concern for older machines but separate hand models and legs are not impossible. I thought people would understand that now that the "impossible" female characters are being released.

Upvote 0
frogwoman/SEAL type girl in a wetsuit with one of those AK-type chest ammo rigs that sits low and a closed circuit rebreather on her back.
You mean something like this?
Spoiler!

Oh, how I kid. :D

There is something to the idea of female versions of already-existing characters that does seem charming, but I would like to see unique new ones as well. Respectable, nothing too overtly sexed, yet of the same look and style of KF. I think that minus the silly glasses (what, are we competing with deus ex now?) the new Ash character does this pretty well. Definitely need to start with some new DRF members (and possibly bring back the female from KFmod 2.5- Alex, was it?).

Upvote 0