• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Fuel for Chainsaw

SHM

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Italy
It would be cool if the chainsaw on KF can "act" like a real chainsaw, like needing fuel to work and so on. We can buy the fuel from the trader or take it by the ammo boxes scattered around in the map. Even if this will probably make the chainsaw far less popular than it is now, it would be still cool.

It would be cool if the chainsaw on KF can "act" like a real chainsaw, like needing fuel to work and so on. We can buy the fuel from the trader or take it by the ammo boxes scattered around in the map. Even if this will probably make the chainsaw far less popular than it is now, it would be still cool.

The chainsaw has nearly no use. I liked to play with it but I don't think it helps in any way on Hell on Earth. Fuel makes it just worse.

Upvote 0
A weapon with limited ammo for Berserker? No.

A weapon with limited ammo for Berserker? No.

No. Even if you buff damage, buff movement speed, it would still be the only close range Berserker weapon with limited ammo, therefore being inferior to any popular combo for Berserker. Katana + Axe would be better, Claymore alone would be better too.

Obs: Ops... Buzzsaw has limited ammo too, but it is a long range weapon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The chainsaw is about as useful as Play-Doh. Fix this first then worry about other changes.

play-doh-chainsaw-520x734.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't use it in combat, mainly due to its SHORT blade and takes forever to saw down enemies. Its for looks and noise. I wonder if Tripwire simply put in a few weapons that are simply for fun, or to waste your Dosh on something like this.

Want to make the chainsaw a hit? Lengthen the blade and give it a mean chain. Allow it to Rev up for a defined number of seconds - about the average for a clip of ammo - before your able to rev it back up and slice and dice once more. It needs the same basic damage as a Katana.

maybe have a 2-second alt fire that allows some sort of balls to be fastened to the chain to come out and do increased damage, maybe 1.25-1.33 times normal

None of the weapons - none of them - induce a fear into the Zeds. Think as a Zed...... You see a a man in a big Yellow suit chasing you down with a large noisy dangerous device that you have seen carve up your Zed friends.... The Zeds should react to the chainsaw (if it is facing toward them) like they do to a grenade on the ground...... a small window of "avoid" should be induced, unless the Zeds is raged or cornered.

The reach of a Chainsaw - assuming it STAYS in KF2 should be equal to the average sword length. SURE, it may be a good tool in chokepoints like doorways, but thats the only area I can think this heap of noisy, gnarly metal is worth using.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know what would make it worth using! Have it come strapped to your right arm, and with a free hunting shotgun in your offhand. Then your voice actor changes from a british guy to Ash complete with 1980's one liners. "Groovy"
:D

In all seriousness, I don't see a way to make the damn thing balanced at all. I guess it could be made cheaper so it could see some use in the early waves as a money making weapon. Even then I doubt it would be used very much.

Upvote 0
I know what would make it worth using! Have it come strapped to your right arm, and with a free hunting shotgun in your offhand. Then your voice actor changes from a british guy to Ash complete with 1980's one liners. "Groovy"
:D

In all seriousness, I don't see a way to make the damn thing balanced at all. I guess it could be made cheaper so it could see some use in the early waves as a money making weapon. Even then I doubt it would be used very much.

This would be nice.:cool:

Yes, for realism purposes, the chainsaw should have "ammo", but not many people use this thing.
Maybe if it was cheaper and replace the machete as default, but then the machete would be pretty much useless.

Upvote 0