• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Free Public Killing Floor 2 Redirect Server

Thanks Skillz, but I actually think I got it working now, and it was nothing to do with how i'd had the redirect set up, smh.

For some reason, it seems like my server didn't patch properly, and it was attempting to pull game files from your server to match it up to my computer in some convoluted way ( i think at least). I copied out my .inis, reinstalled everything, and copied my .ini back over and everything was good.

Thanks again for taking the time though, and a million times over for hosting the redirect!

Upvote 0
Hey Skillz, I just wanted to come here and post a thank you for being my savior to my problem! Was adding custom maps to my server, tried to play them, couldn't do so, added your re-direct, downloaded the maps upon join and everything works perfect! Thank you for also hosting the re-direct server for the community; It's greatly appreciated! :)

Upvote 0
Using scripts to rip the site every 15 minutes will get your IP banned. In fact, using any kind of programs to rip the site will result in you getting banned. My bandwidth is not free.
D'aww... thought it was great using wget instead of download each map 1-by-1 :/.
Only "abused" it once for each folder, sry dude.

You should create a torrent for each folder - upload a new one every week or so :).

Upvote 0
Well I mean it was nice until some asshat came along and RUINED the entire reason why your redirect server was great.

Its still great, sign up and make a post to get the FTP login info, with an FTP client you can see what files are on the server. I did this because people weren't uploading new maps fast enough for my liking :p

Or like skillz said

just adhere the file name to the end of the URL. If it downloads it's on the server and if not you'll need to add it.

Upvote 0