• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Free Public Killing Floor 2 Redirect Server

Upvote 0
*registers. logs in trys to view post.
"You are not authorised to read this forum."
umm ok....

You have to make a post on the forums first.

so basically if you have linux web hosting, you have to make sure that all letters on game server and web server have to match. but if you have windows web hosting then it doesnt matter?

Basically yes. Really not that difficult. Just upload the files exactly as you see them on the game server. :confused:

Upvote 0
Hey man! Huge thanks for setting up the redirect server, it works like a charm! However, I noticed it lacks some of the new maps. And since I check the forums on a daily basis, for new maps, I figured - would you mind sending me some info on how to access the FTP server? If so, I will dedicate some of my spare time to make sure the maps folder is always up to date!

Hope to hear from you soon mate, keep up the good work!

Best regards
Belzer

Upvote 0
I dont think that the case sensitivity is the problem.

I tried your redirect just to make sure that I had mine setup correctly(which has been working. Ever since changing the value below).

When changing MaxDownloadSize=50000000
back to its original value. Downloading of the maps did not work. I've heard that changing this value as I did. Makes it download from my game server instead of the redirect. Anyone know? I cant see that being true as the file names are exactly the same on both your server and mine. This also happened when I used my own redirect(both a purchased redirect and my own personal VPS).

It just seems like no matter what redirect I use. Its pretty slow. Like KF2 just doesn't download very fast. Like I said I tried 3. Yours mine and my VPS. All seem to upload to clients at about the same speed(slow) lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont think that the case sensitivity is the problem.

I tried your redirect just to make sure that I had mine setup correctly(which has been working. Ever since changing the value below).

When changing MaxDownloadSize=50000000
back to its original value. Downloading of the maps did not work. I've heard that changing this value as I did. Makes it download from my game server instead of the redirect. Anyone know? I cant see that being true as the file names are exactly the same on both your server and mine. This also happened when I used my own redirect(both a purchased redirect and my own personal VPS).

It just seems like no matter what redirect I use. Its pretty slow. Like KF2 just doesn't download very fast. Like I said I tried 3. Yours mine and my VPS. All seem to upload to clients at about the same speed(slow) lol.

If they're going slow then you're not getting them off the redirect. The server will send files as fast as the NetSpeed will allow them. (which is slow)

Setup the server on my redirect again and try to connect to your server to get the file(s). Let it try a few times and then send me your PUBLIC IP in a Private Message and I'll see exactly what error you're getting on the web server side.

Upvote 0
Hey man! Huge thanks for setting up the redirect server, it works like a charm! However, I noticed it lacks some of the new maps. And since I check the forums on a daily basis, for new maps, I figured - would you mind sending me some info on how to access the FTP server? If so, I will dedicate some of my spare time to make sure the maps folder is always up to date!

Hope to hear from you soon mate, keep up the good work!

Best regards
Belzer

Make a post.
Read thread with Login details.

Upvote 0
Can't seem to get it to work :(

Can't seem to get it to work :(

Hey, I tried using your server, and I'm getting an error.

I had one map download ok, but ever since every map gives me this error
Spoiler!

just to make sure, I downloaded all the files directly from your redirect, made sure they were all spelled properly.

I tried multiple maps (apartments, biolab 2009 v4, deck16) to no avail.

Upvote 0
If they're going slow then you're not getting them off the redirect. The server will send files as fast as the NetSpeed will allow them. (which is slow)

Setup the server on my redirect again and try to connect to your server to get the file(s). Let it try a few times and then send me your PUBLIC IP in a Private Message and I'll see exactly what error you're getting on the web server side.

I figured it out. Accidently put

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://skillzservers.com/kf2-redirect/

In the KF-Game instead of KFEngine. Ima retard. Thanks man.

Upvote 0
Hey, I tried using your server, and I'm getting an error.

I had one map download ok, but ever since every map gives me this error
Spoiler!

just to make sure, I downloaded all the files directly from your redirect, made sure they were all spelled properly.

I tried multiple maps (apartments, biolab 2009 v4, deck16) to no avail.

I looked through the logs on my web server and I can not find your IP anywhere in them. Tells me you've never connected to it which basically means you're setting up something wrong on the server.

Upvote 0