• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Flaregun

9_6

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Alright, it's done.
If anyone wants the model for something, go ahead and ask.
295cmio.jpg

Spoiler!

Last edited:
On the bottom panel, click 'Set Smooth'.
This is one of those little things that don't get mentioned anywhere in that 10 part blender tutorial I watched.
That and how to actually model things because that dude was obsessed with the standard cube or something.

Well this changed its look completely without subsurf or any of that other stuff that I was about to throw at it in my despair.
Thanks.
zir9ro.jpg

Now I suppose I should remake that "trigger casing" or however it is called.
I can't seem to get it to look right without completely redoing it due to some horribly crippled quads. Oh well.

It also needs a proper texture. Obviously the makeshift one I stole only looks good from the side. Heh.

Oh yeah, how do I make it as comfortable as possible to animate?
Should the hammer/grip/upper part be separate objects?
I've split it in half, making the barrel a second object so I can tilt it. Was that a good idea?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, this flaregun model does have a rather plain grip:
flaregun-2_1279_detail.jpg

And I'd rather not become too experimental.
I already had my artistic freedom with the hammer and the barrel.

Great, now that I look at it I see that the whole grip is much wider.

Edit: Done with it. Check the first post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dude what the hell?! dont give away your hard work that easily; what if that fool steals and plays it off as his own on another website?
Oh, you think it's that good?
Why thank you.

If any fool does that, let them have their 5 minutes of glory.
I just want to see that thing in the game and I won't let paranoia get in the way of that.

(I also like how you're telling me to remove the link by quoting it, archiving it in your quote)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
would you like this to act like a flare gun that is essentially a singe shot flamethrower?

or like the flare gun prodigy/yoyo coded that is a husk shot with more drop?

i can get both going so you can see them both if you want
The one they created seemed fine to me although the projectile should fly a bit faster so it has more range.

I have no idea how the single shot flamer would work so yeah, making both would be good if that's not too much work.

Upvote 0